Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will Vala offer the team in Season 10?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zelda
    For her insight and connections. Look how the character has been written. She had been a gou'ld, knows what motivates them and how they operate; she has connections within the Lucian Alliance and knows how they operate. She has up-close and personal knowledge of the Ori, feeling their desctructive force first hand, living within an Ori controlled settlement, married to an Ori crusader, and now giving birth to a hybrid offspring. Vala is the pivot point around which Season 10 will ebb and flow. It only remains to be seen where her greatest loyalties lie. How strong will the emotional pull of Motherhood be? Will she be able to detach herself completely from this half-alien offspring? She is a survivor and has relied on her own wits to stay alive but, also, she has been shown to be a resourceful and compassionate person who is willing to take dangerous personal risks when the need arises. Almost everything hinges on her relationship with Adria. IMO.
    Great post.

A.
    VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

For her insight and connections. Look how the character has been written. She had been a gou'ld, knows what motivates them and how they operate; she has connections within the Lucian Alliance and knows how they operate. She has up-close and personal knowledge of the Ori, feeling their desctructive force first hand, living within an Ori controlled settlement, married to an Ori crusader, and now giving birth to a hybrid offspring. Vala is the pivot point around which Season 10 will ebb and flow. It only remains to be seen where her greatest loyalties lie. How strong will the emotional pull of Motherhood be? Will she be able to detach herself completely from this half-alien offspring? She is a survivor and has relied on her own wits to stay alive but, also, she has been shown to be a resourceful and compassionate person who is willing to take dangerous personal risks when the need arises. Almost everything hinges on her relationship with Adria. IMO.
      Yeap, the entire season will revolve around Vala, if they didn't put her on SG1 then the name of the show will have nothing to do with the actual show.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
        Yeap, the entire season will revolve around Vala, if they didn't put her on SG1 then the name of the show will have nothing to do with the actual show.
        I disagree. The Vala character is the catalyst, the connecting force between the SGC and the threat to our galaxy and far distant ones. The plus side for the team is her experience with all the other factions that can cause havoc; the down side will be her own struggles to balance what is right for the greatest numbers of civilizations against personal desires and familial duties and responsibilities (granted that last part is speculative on my part). The "team" has always gone out and found trouble. It was Daniel's insistance on using the "communication" device that lead to the consequence of making the Ori aware of our "virgin" galaxy filled with the unenlightened and fertile ground for their expansion across the universe. It is how the trouble is resolved that produces the drama. While the team dynamic is changed, the story will still run it's course as it always has -- team in jeopardy, team resolves problem, team saves world.

Comment

Nicely said. I like it. Alright!! Oh
          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

all the other additions in season 9 were great, beau bridges especially, however Vala as a character is worthless. a 5 member SG team is also ridiculous and I cant stand her style in the show. Vala= garbage and Claudia Black should find new work.

Comment

She'll bring....

.... SG-BABIES!!!! xP... I think she'll bring her thieving and verbal skills and past experience as a gould to the team. While Daniel can prospone the Ori using his verbal skills of philosophy, Vala can convince people to support her.

Both their verbal skills will come in handy and I think both of them will grow on each other and eventually make a good team.
              Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Lieut-Col. P@rick Durden
                all the other additions in season 9 were great, beau bridges especially, however Vala as a character is worthless. a 5 member SG team is also ridiculous and I cant stand her style in the show. Vala= garbage and Claudia Black should find new work.
                Agreed boss.
                I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                  I think Vala can bring a lot to SG-1. She's smart- not techno-smart like Sam, but true survival smart. She can think and talk her way out of situations which would be infinatly useful to SG-1. She also knows her way around the galaxy, she knows who to go to, she has some pretty good instinct wen it comes to who she can turst and she can anticipate when she might get shortchanged (The Ties That Bind). She also just says what's on her mind, very much like Jack, and that can save a whole lot of time. And she can be tactful about it when she chooses to do so. And she's willing to use unorthodox means to attain her goals. When she has a true cause she will fight for it and will risk her life for it. If I were a member of SG-1, I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that she's on the team, rather then not.
                  I totally agree. I think that a lot of times, it'll come off as the team just trying to babysit her, but she's got an advantage that being part of SG-1 might never get: connections. Since she was (I'm over here hoping that she's truly changed her ways) an intergalactic con artist, she's got connections in the most...convenient of places. Along with that, someone who could play almost any role in order to get what she wants. Not to mention comedy in the for of snarkiness with Daniel.

There's only us,
                  There's only this
                  Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                  No other road,
                  No other way
                  No day but today...

Comment

Agreed but still you can't put sum1 on the Flagship of Stargate command unless something is there, but anyway its true with the Baby and connections I have no doubt that she'll join, but in like the 3rd or 4th episode, afer we see her value!
                    I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Vala will bring knowledge from several different areas, which the SGC needs. She knows more about the Lucian Alliance and the Ori than anyone on earth, plus knows her way around the galaxy, and would have connections in places that could be useful. Plus she is creative, thinks fast (beachhead), and is a sneaky theif. Throw in the motherhood factor, and they way she interacts with Daniel, and Mitchell, and we have an interesting character.
                      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Yeh, I guess I'm just not ready to have 5 membes in the team yet. I'm still not adjusted to Mitchell you know and now a brand new member is coming in.

It's going quite fast.
                        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

the real thing we should be asking are self is what cant she offer

Comment

Even more sexual innuendos?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

she offers a very sexy body and good acting skills but i still love her body she is so sexy
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eye Of Ra
                                she offers a very sexy body and good acting skills but i still love her body she is so sexy
                                Well, I certainly won't deny that. But, CB and her character Vala will bring much more than that to SG-1. I bet she'll turn out to be very useful in many situations.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X