This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eoin
    I dont think thats gonna happen, they personnel working in the antartic outpost would have figurd that out when they found the atlantis address... it would be fun though to find a cityship in the milklyway only for the ori to destroy it before the shields are up and running

no it will be heart breaking just like 'allies' after the episode before promised so much.
    some relationships are worth getting your heart broken over

doctor who

Comment

I don't see why, they wouldn't be able to find an Ancient city ship in the Milky Way, being that we already know of Teonas, maybe it was home to a city other than Atlantis. If they did find one, they'd probably find Arthur, or at the least a fully functioning zero point module, from the episode, I can't remember the name, but where Camulus tried to give Sg-1 the tainted z.p.m., they were said to have found, an Ancient device the size of a large room.

The benefits, well Atlantis could remain in the Pegasus galaxy, after the war with the Wraith, but you'd have to worry about infiltration by the Goa'uld, on too numerous occasions to count. Personally, I'd like a city ship on Sg-1, a place where people can research ascension, after the conflict with all of their enemies are over.

Comment

Yes, but who would control the cityship? We'd have an international headache with China and Russia trying to bully the SGC into giving them control. We don't need another cityship. Maybe some ZPMs and a semi-functional drone factory. But we should be going back to exploring new worlds and civilizations... boldly going where no man has gone before.

Comment

OK guys, I just had delete half this thread because it was a completely off topic discussion.
          Keep ON TOPIC, and keep your personal disputes in private (but also remember slagging other posters off in PM is a no no too ). Posters who insist on typing mostly incomprehensible stuff are annoying but the best solution is to ignore them.

Please report any further issues

Kiwi
          GW Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
            Yes, but who would control the cityship? We'd have an international headache with China and Russia trying to bully the SGC into giving them control. We don't need another cityship. Maybe some ZPMs and a semi-functional drone factory. But we should be going back to exploring new worlds and civilizations... boldly going where no man has gone before.

it would be another international thing

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by nemisis
              it would be another international thing
              Nope. Not how it works in real life. Sorry, thanks for trying.

Atlantis works as an international community because for one year, they were completely cut off from Earth. Earth had no influence in the affairs of Atlantis.

But a cityship in the millky way? It's within reach of any earth starship. If it was an international facility, the world leaders would be arguing who gets control constantly. Why? because it's not cut off from Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                Nope. Not how it works in real life. Sorry, thanks for trying.

Atlantis works as an international community because for one year, they were completely cut off from Earth. Earth had no influence in the affairs of Atlantis.

But a cityship in the millky way? It's within reach of any earth starship. If it was an international facility, the world leaders would be arguing who gets control constantly. Why? because it's not cut off from Earth.

lol dere a simple anwser for that they would fligth it near to the super gate then only a few country would riske taking there ships there lol it would only be like the u.s.a. or russia or UK (when they get a ship lol) china (if they get a ship :} )

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

what does fligth mean?
                  ------------------------------

Comment

What if the city ship wasn't Ancient designed, but the Furlings, or some race we haven't heard of yet, we already know the Nox have a flying city, why not another race, as far as the politics, first come first serve, or maybe tell the general public, let them decide, which will probably make things more difficult for a time, it would still in the long run, I think, be better.

Comment

in sg1 finaly the hited on waht mite be 3 city-ships

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

so i was told lol

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

lol dere a simple anwser for that they would fligth it near to the super gate then only a few country would riske taking there ships there lol it would only be like the u.s.a. or russia or UK (when they get a ship lol) china (if they get a ship :} )
                          You really have no idea how your world works, do you?

We could move the city ship to the far reaches of the galaxy. It wouldn't matter because the wars and fights on who gets control of it would happen on EARTH. We have enough problems getting stuff done in the UN. This cityship wouldn't make a difference. It would be a new territory that people would fight over.

Comment

UN is actually US.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                              UN is actually US.
                              err no we are talking about the United Nations not the United States

also

in sg1 finaly the hited on waht mite be 3 city-ships
                              once again you are totally and utterly wrong. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANY STARGATE EPISODES????????? there is NOTHING about city ships at all. LET ALONE THREE!!!!!!!!!! for crying out loud please only say things that u know to be true PLEASE!!!
                              ------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                                UN is actually US.

no you are thinking of the united stats we talking about untied nations

soryy 2 pick on you

R.I.P Carson.

Comment

Working...
                                X