Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First details on 'The Pegasus Project' (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JUNIOR
    Also in Avalon the Doci told Daniel that the Ori Sheilded the MW beings so this also could have played a factor in why the Ori didn't know about MW.
    You mean the Ancients(unbelievers) shielded the MW...

I am curious on the way this is going to be played out in S10.

Ow by the way...I read every post...so where is Merlin now?????

Comment

It hasn't been confirmed in aired episodes yet that Moros is Merlin -- just a big honkin' coincidence that both were played by the same actor, and both returned to Earth when the Lantians evacuated Atlantis 10,000 years ago.

"The Pegasus Project" does confirm that they are the same guy -- at least if it makes it into the final episode.

It would be very interesting if the Lantian Melia turned out to be Morgan Lafey. But because they are currenting casting Morgan, it's doubtful that they'll go that way.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        '
        Ahem, you mean souveniers like...

Sheppard?
        McKay?
        Ronon?
        Beckett?

Heh, the men of Atlantis had better watch out with Vala around. Actually, someone wrote a great story where Vala did visit Atlantis and cornered poor Beckett in a closet - until Daniel rescued him! Very cute. But I suspect the hunks of Atlantis will be off on a mission or something and therefore safe from Vala's clutches. I mean, she'd be a fool not to at least make a pass or five at the guys there... Or even poor Zelenka. Man, I think he'd be helpless against her ways
        No i meant that she'd probably steal something from atlantis.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
          No i meant that she'd probably steal something from atlantis.
          Oh well, heck, i'd steal one of the aforementioned, uh, er, 'items'

Comment

Well I think this is gonna be an awesome episode....not saying that it will be a bad thing but seeing daniel and vala in
            Spoiler:
            atlantis
            will be weird because i am so used to seeing those characters only around the SGC!

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl
              You mean the Ancients(unbelievers) shielded the MW...

I am curious on the way this is going to be played out in S10.

Ow by the way...I read every post...so where is Merlin now?????
              He's hanging out with Colonel Reynolds at the Alpha site.

Comment

A quick FYI, Just in case no one else noticed this, this might clear up some confusion. The name of the actress that plays the holgrammatic Female Ancient in Rising, is Melia McClure. Melia is the name of the actress not the character. I found that on the Scifi.com/atlantis web page under episodes, rising part two.

Vala being in Atlantis seems to be kind of pointless. I was like WTF, why does SHE have to be there? It does not make sense. She's a tag a long character. If tptb were smart they could get some non-senior actress to play the dumb blond, in this case brunette, and use the money that they save on something more productive.

If I were Weir, I'd be concerned that this woman would try to steal something from Atlantis. Or that she would use the knowledge gleamed for her own conquests in the future. Who knows that might be her plan. Get rid of the Orii and pull a Ba'al.

Unless she was going to Atlantis to make babies with Shepherd which would make perfect sence.

Here is a good twist for her being in Atlantis:

The Atlantis team brings Vala on an away mission. I can see her trying to charm her way out of getting eaten by a Wraith. Oh and then the evil Orii that got her preggers, comes and whisks her away just before she's to become wraith food! Very dramatic and pretty pointless, but in the end, our dear sweet Vala, (who is ready to stab us in the back at any given moment) is saved.

And now the Orii know about Pegasus because they are watching DANIEL AND VALA!!! (If Morgan Lefey can track them down and speak to them in Atlantis after she had been watching Merlin on Earth, couldn't the Orii do the same thing?) They know who they are and they are keeping tabs. Idiots, why send them to Atlantis? So that they can look up a weapon that Merlin came up with after he ascended. After he left Atlantis? The same Merlin who was against Janus from developing a time machine. But oh, it was okay for him to make a weapon to kill ascended beings. How does one use a weapon on a being from another plain of existence without actually ascending to that plain and using it? Can we say, controversial Daniel arc? Maybe?? I hope not, too predictable.

Another thing about this story line. If the Ancients came back, saw that the planet was run by primitive peoples with now hope of reclaiming their society. Then why not at least try? Perhaps go to another world in the gate network that isn't inhabited by humans. Kehb would have been nice, even go back to Dakara. Or try to contact the Asgard. They must have brought something with them when they went though the gate. (AKA ZPM from the Gaza Plato, which likely powered a Repository of Knowledge under the Sphinx.) Perhaps the Asgard could have lent them a hand in developing an infra structure to build off of. Meanwhile they could have traded with the Earth folk for food as they reestablished themselves elsewhere.
                Last edited by Amanda Eros; 28 February 2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  This episode is going to be awesome, except there is one major plot hole in this whole orii killing thing. The ascended admited there is no way to kill anubis meaning there is no way to kill the ascended, so theres no way to kill the orii.
                  Merlin was specifically working in secret on the weapon so that the ascended ancients would not know about it. Therefore they are unaware of it's existance. They are powerful, but not omnipotent.

Besides, Anubus was our problem to deal with. Even if the Ancients posessed a means to destroy him they wouldn't. To do so would violate the non-interference with non-ascended beings policy.

It's the very same reason they will do nothing about the Orii now. The Priors and other agents are human.
                  "We have seen that a lot of legends and folklore have a strong basis in fact. Avalon, Atlantis..."
                  "The Easter Bunny."
                  "... I guess there's a few exceptions."

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                    A quick FYI, Just in case no one else noticed this, this might clear up some confusion. The name of the actress that plays the holgrammatic Female Ancient in Rising, is Melia McClure. Melia is the name of the actress not the character. I found that on the Scifi.com/atlantis web page under episodes, rising part two.
                    The Omnipedia on this website lists the female ancient as "Melia." Her name in real life also happens to be "Melia."
                    Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Comment

Originally posted by ZPM_Plant
                      The Omnipedia on this website lists the female ancient as "Melia." Her name in real life also happens to be "Melia."
                      I didn't know that, I wonder why they didn't list her that on the scifi web page.

Comment

I double-checked the transcript for "Before I Sleep" and it doesn't look like she's been officially named in dialogue. She is "MELIA" in the script ... maybe because they'd already used the actress in "Rising" and thought her name was cool.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                          I double-checked the transcript for "Before I Sleep" and it doesn't look like she's been officially named in dialogue. She is "MELIA" in the script ... maybe because they'd already used the actress in "Rising" and thought her name was cool.
                          Definitely a good possiblility. It is a cool name, afterall.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The same Merlin who was against Janus from developing a time machine. But oh, it was okay for him to make a weapon to kill ascended beings.
                            The council leader in Before I Sleep was referred to in dialogue as Moros.
                            "You must speak to Moros on our behalf." - Janus to Melia.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
                              The council leader in Before I Sleep was referred to in dialogue as Moros.
                              "You must speak to Moros on our behalf." - Janus to Melia.
                              That is the point I made earlier in the thread. Janus, in the video, refers to Melia (called Melia in the transcript and in Omnipedia) as Moros.

The transcript on this website states as follows (from Before I Sleep):

JANIS: You need to talk to Moros. Doctor Weir was brought here through no fault of her own. She shouldn't be punished for it.

MELIA: She's free to come with us back to Earth and live among our kind ...

JANIS (interrupting): She needs to return to her time, not remain in ours.

MELIA: That's not possible. (To Elizabeth) I'm sorry. (She turns to walk away.)

In the video, Janus clearly refers to "Melia" as Moros, but the transcript states "Moros" is the older Atlantian council leader. Again, I suggest that Melia is Moros, and we know from the blog that Moros is Merlin. So, I think Melia is Merlin. And if Melia is Merlin, I have no idea who the hologram is in SG1 season 10. Again, an imposter, but who?
                              Janus: “What is it you called them?” Dr. Weir: “ZPM, Zero Point Module.” Janus: “Yes” Janus: “They're designed to operate in parallel, all three providing power to the city simultaneously.” Janus: “However, used in sequence, it may be possible to sustain the power for the needed time.”

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros

Another thing about this story line. If the Ancients came back, saw that the planet was run by primitive peoples with now hope of reclaiming their society. Then why not at least try? Perhaps go to another world in the gate network that isn't inhabited by humans. Kehb would have been nice, even go back to Dakara. Or try to contact the Asgard. They must have brought something with them when they went though the gate. (AKA ZPM from the Gaza Plato, which likely powered a Repository of Knowledge under the Sphinx.) Perhaps the Asgard could have lent them a hand in developing an infra structure to build off of. Meanwhile they could have traded with the Earth folk for food as they reestablished themselves elsewhere.
                                thats a good point...though it explains what happened to the ancients when they came back from atlantis, its a crappy one. for one, we know some of them did something since janus built a time machine....and they must have had stuff left over from the time that they were there before the plague...and if ur an anicent, im sure they could have rebuilt their society.

TPTB make decently interesting stories but when u think about them...it doesnt make sense...
                                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Working...
                                X