S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diversky View Post
    Me too. Jack was in great form. I loved his classic banter with Daniel.

Mitchell - feh. His scenes felt forced; he could have been eliminated from the ep without making the slightest difference to the plot

Why didn't they off Adria when they had the chance?
    Because then their one lame explanation for Vala being there would be gone and they may burn their brains out trying to come up with another lame reason. ...... duh who am I kidding, they stopped needing logical reasons for stuff a long time ago. They just go with what feels good now. So nevermind, I dont know why they didnt get her.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      he just an't contradict himself. he can't say that the hardcore fans are just this tiny minority and then blame their actions - downloading, etc - on the show's cancellation which is waht one his answers implies.

the hard core fan are who will be downloading and reading reviews and surfing for info on the show. but if tehy are such a small minority and the casual viewers are the ones that count...well i doubt we'll see many casual viewers spending hours online sussing out info.

were teh casual viwers put off by the frakking long hiatus? maybe. they're the most fickle of the bunch. but i doubt they had anything to do with the ratings points lost by downloaders and the like. those are the hardcore fans, the ones willing to invest time and money is being able to watch the show as opposed to the casual ones that catch it when it's on and, if they miss one, just make a note to catch the rerun

simple fact, hardcore AND casual fans dont' like the show as much anymore. thus they aren't watching.

the hardcore fans are talking about it, the casual fans have just turned teh channel and have forgotten all about it
      I remember desperately wanting to see Abyss and downloading it - I felt very guilty but watched it again and again, and every rerun! I could probably quote the dialogue but when the boxed set became available I went out and bought it. (And am busily wearing out all 8 seasons).
      You can preorder Season 10 - why? nothing much worth seeing.
      It is not the hiatus or downloading or spoilers from across the pond that are hurting the ratings - it's quality, quality, quality!!!
      sigpic
      Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
      My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
        I remember desperately wanting to see Abyss and downloading it - I felt very guilty but watched it again and again, and every rerun! I could probably quote the dialogue but when the boxed set became available I went out and bought it. (And am busily wearing out all 8 seasons).
        It is not the hiatus or downloading or spoilers from across the pond that are hurting the ratings - it's quality, quality, quality!!!
        Exactly why ?
        When you can download it ! (Pick a couple of fav episode from iTunes )

LE: Why don't they issue the DVD movies on iTunes instead of DVDs !!!

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
          Exactly why ?
          When you can download it ! (Pick a couple of fav episode from iTunes )

LE: Why don't they issue the DVD movies on iTunes instead of DVDs !!!
          No - if I like it I want to own it and support the people that produce it.
          sigpic
          Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
          My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            [JM's] Answer: Yet the fact is that after a six month lay-off, lack of any significant promotion...
            lack of promotion/six month lay-off: then one would assume the ratings would go up, right? great! ...oh.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              AAAHHHHGGggggggg it burns it burns!!!!

So I watch The Nox. Such a great ep. Such a great feeling at the end of the ep.

"The very young do not always do as their told. Something the nox told me once. That’s something worth taking home.”

Teal'c looking all regal with his staff weapon. Such a great great ep. Credits roll and previews for "The bounty" with the cheesy aliens and vala in her stinking daisy duke look with what appears to be Mitchell at a colorful kiddie table ...I couldn’t get the channel turned fast enough. All my Stargate love was flooding back with my S1 afternoon, and now reality sets in. The pain, the horror.....oh the horror......
              (((AGatetFan)))

Have some blue jello!

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                You know it's bad when the hardcore fan who stood at the gate for the last 3 seasons looks at S9 - on sale for $18 US - and decides against it.

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  That would be a kick in the pant's. Season 1-8 episodes do better in the ratings, then the last two seasons.
                  *That* would be swwwweeeeet! And something to rub tptb's noses in!

suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

I think the one thing that bothers me the most about the past two seasons are that I feel that I have an incomplete dinnerware set. I have the basic set,
                    dinner plate's, cups, saucers, bread plates, that kind of thing.

But what I don't have are the accessory or completer set. That is salad bowl,
                    serving platter, butter dish, and salt and pepper shakers. But this is by choice, not that I don't want to buy, but have reason to.

Does that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      You know it's bad when the hardcore fan who stood at the gate for the last 3 seasons looks at S9 - on sale for $18 US - and decides against it.

suse
                      I can totally relate to that, I was offered a second hand S9 boxset for free which I turned down.
                      -

Comment

I think the one thing that bothers me the most about the past two seasons are that I feel that I have an incomplete dinnerware set. I have the basic set,

serving platter, butter dish, and salt and pepper shakers. But this is by choice, not that I don't want to buy, but have reason to.

Does that make sense?
                        yes. and it scares me to no end.
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                          yes. and it scares me to no end.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Comment

Makes perfect sense to me.

And in a way, since the past two seasons feel like (oops... I mean are) such a different show, it's almost as if they're a different china/silverware pattern, the type that really clashes with your other stuff and sticks out like a sore thumb... if that makes sense.

I try to catch the early season reruns as much as I can. Unfortunately I missed the marathon today since I had to work, but I caught the 6pm showing ("Need" from S2). And yeah I caught those ads for Bounty too...

Comment

Does that make sense?
                              Yup, makes sense. However seeing how they ended S8 I can quite easily dupe myself into thinking S1-8 is The Complete Set
                              -

Comment

i equate a lot of s9 and 10 the same way i do Unending

It's like i got this pretty easter basket that someone had spent weeks raving about how great and super it was. then i get it and open it and...instead of a solid chocolate bunny i have a hollow bunny made of 'chocolately flavored' substance, and discover that most of the interior of the basket is full of cheap plastic grass and an empty box used to fill up the void and make it look like there was more in there than there really was.

In other words, i feel like i got the bait and switch and when i expected quality, i instead got a cheap rip off immitation that looks glittery from a distance but upon closer examination is nothing more than tin foil
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X