S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    I wonder if they will ever publish last weeks results for non syndication.
    I was wondering that too! If the results are low even with RDA. I wonder what the excuse will be from JM.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      I was wondering that too! If the results are low even with RDA. I wonder what the excuse will be from JM.
      they hadn't seen him for 2 years and forgot what he looked like?
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

channeling JM: Not enough poeple knew RDA would be on it, because there was not enough advertising. Not to mention the all the downloading the hardcore fans have done and have already seen the show, eventhough the hardcore fans don't make a dent in the rating
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
          Enough to be able to tell the difference, just because RDA is in the shot?

I'm bummed I missed the ep, though! I meant to watch it last night. It's not every day scifi geeky questions are asked... just generally geeky questions.
          Maybe, when the show was cancelled all the articles I read still referred to RDA even though he had been gone for almost 2 years.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
            channeling JM: Not enough poeple knew RDA would be on it, because there was not enough advertising. Not to mention the all the downloading the hardcore fans have done and have already seen the show, eventhough the hardcore fans don't make a dent in the rating
            Casual fans have lost an interest in the show.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

non syndication? Do you mean The Shroud?
              -

Comment

Originally Posted by RealmOfX

The last time I checked, Darren hasn't posted the ratings for The Shroud/Tao
                yet.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Shroud was a 1.0/1.1. Atlantis, I'm not too sure of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Yes
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Here's the ratings from another thread :
                    Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    Ratings for last Friday:

SG-1 (The Shroud)
                    - 1.402 million viewers (up 0.05 million from last week)
                    - 0.9/2 HH
                    - 0.6/2 A18-49

Atlantis (Tao of Rodney)
                    - 1.392 million viewers (down 0.125 million from last week)
                    - 0.9/2 HH
                    - 0.5/2 A18-49
                    These are the Total US figures not the ones we are used to seeing. They will convert into 1.1's maybe a 1.2
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      These are the Total US figures not the ones we are used to seeing. They will convert into 1.1's maybe a 1.2
                      Yep. They convert to a 1.1. or 1.2.

So much for RDA's presence lifting the ratings or the promised climax of the Ori storyline lifting the ratings or the return of Daniel lifting the ratings.

The ratings for SG-1 were pretty much the same as the episode the week before.

As for Atlantis, I have a feeling the suits at SciFi are a little worried because they have another year of this already sinking show. (pun intended) Farscape was cancelled when its ratings were regularly in the low 1's.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
                        so disappointing to see such a great show go out on such a sad note with the ratings simply tanking - it really is too bad that they drove the show into the ground the way they did after season 8 did so well. I hope cooper is happy.
                        oh you know he is ...in his mind he probably can't do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Saul Tigh View Post
                          can't do no wrong.
                          exactly what he says to himself too. Saul Tigh, i recommend you get out of his head. it may be roomy, but there's this constant annoying rattling sound.
                          sigpic
                          "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                          Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            well, rick called it the coolest prop on tv
                            and I'm sure season 9/10 made him regret saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              you woulda thought, instead the impression i got was

dude, we have two movies so why bother to wrap things upnow??? we just need to kill an hour and get it over with.

cause, imho, that's all it was. there was one little thing - one deus ex machina - to put into place for the movies and possibly for atlantis (a get out of trouble free card) and once that 5 minute segment was over, the rest was a simple killing of time
                              : sarcasm: Humph. Silly opinionated humorless un"fun" "woman with issues' not a fan! How could you *not* see Unending as a "love letter to the fans"? :/sarcasm:

suse
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

they didn't advertise that jack/rda was in it. it made a reference in my tv page from the newpaper, but it didn't say he was 'in' the ep (just something about o'neill and the team or something).

i remember seeing the coming attractions for 'the shroud', and not seeing one, single scene or mention that jack/rda was in it. i can't help but think this 'lack' of advertising -that they *knew* would bring in the fans- was done on purpose.

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X