X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    yes, daniel is no longer on the show, it's the Jackson comedy hour

daniel ascended and never came back, he was replaced by his evil twin
    wait till bad guys defienlty a differnt side of daniel ....wasn't really happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
      And she'd be right to. Only she knows how she feels about what's going on but even if, hypothetically speaking, she had a problem with some of the elements of Seasons Nine and Ten - Sam losing command to Mitchell, excessive focus on Jackson and Vaniel, etc - she is right to be positive about it publicly. For example, I've noticed that when asked about the co-command situation, she tends to deflect the question with humour.

What would be the sense in publicly airing her complaints/misgivings and risking (a) promoting bad feelings towards other actors, their characters or TPTB and (b) hurting or offending her colleagues?

I think so too. I think AT has been very diplomatic about the co-command situation in interviews. Also, in one or two interviews she has said several other things about her views. First, she had wished for more Sam/Daniel/Teal'c interaction in seasons 9 and 10. (I completely agree with her there! -- They seem to hardly know each other which is absolutely ridiculous and, IMO, has hurt the show. We have seen a few good Sam/Teal'c scenes though at least).

Second, she has said that there has not been much character development for Sam in seasons 9 and 10 -- and of course she is right there too -- but she didn't "complain" about it. And she had hoped to see Sam as a leader again (which we will see in some capacity in SGA next season). I think she expresses her views, but very diplomatically and professionally. She also seemed to me to be the most reserved about the new direction of seasons 9 and 10. She's said great things about her new colleagues, but has never been effusive about the new direction (something I've appreciated simply because the new direction hasn't won me over).

Sidenote: First time ever that I haven't watch a stargate sg-1 episode either on that Friday or at least by Sunday night. I did tape Bounty and will watch it -- but don't really know when.

Comment

I think we would be hearing different stories from some of the Actors if they could talk without fear of being seen as difficult or fear of losing future jobs. I would be very surprised if everything was sunshine and roses with some of the Actors in the last couple of years. The same goes for TPTB. I think we are not getting the real story. It would be very interesting to see a behind the scenes show 15 or twenty years down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
          I think we would be hearing different stories from some of the Actors if they could talk without fear of being seen as difficult or fear of losing future jobs. I would be very surprised if everything was sunshine and roses with some of the Actors in the last couple of years. The same goes for TPTB. I think we are not getting the real story. It would be very interesting to see a behind the scenes show 15 or twenty years down the line.
          Agreed.

That being said, taking the high road is the way to go. Makes me respect the heck out of her. And Chris. And Ben. And Claudia.

Suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

vancouver is a tiny little acting sandbox...and one does not piddle in the sandbox one plays in

it behooves an actor - writer/director/producer for that matter - to not make enemies and stab folks in the back...you n ever know who you'll need to work with next
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              Consider yourself lucky...and I would advise missing next week's episode too
              yeah, both bad guys and family ties are - to my tastes - tremendous wastes of time and real stinkers

the best part about bad guys was that josh molina was in it (he was will (?) from West Wing) and...i have y et to come up with any redeeming bits for family ties.

both were new lows in bad

I've come up with a different version of bad guys that - had i written the story - i would have enjoyed more. but family ties....no. i got nothing. it simply sucked

sigpic

Comment

yeah, both bad guys and family ties are - to my tastes - tremendous wastes of time and real stinkers

the best part about bad guys was that josh molina was in it (he was will (?) from West Wing) and...i have y et to come up with any redeeming bits for family ties.

I've come up with a different version of bad guys that - had i written the story - i would have enjoyed more. but family ties....no. i got nothing. it simply sucked
                ::waits expectantly::

suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  ::waits expectantly::

suse
                  I bet it starts with adding Daniel to the story and removing Jackson.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

http://www.tv-eh.com/2007/04/24/cana...award-winners/

Canada’s best screenwriters honoured at the 2007 Canadian Screenwriting Awards

Brad Wright was named the first recipient of the WGC Showrunner Award for his outstanding creative vision as writer/producer of Stargate Atlantis and Stargate SG-1 at the 2007 Canadian Screenwriting Awards, presented by the Writers Guild of Canada.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------

notice brad got the award and not robert ...

Comment

not only is daniel in it but

Spoiler:
                      i pondered the idea of, instead of taking hostages, the crew is there as the museum is robbed by real terrorists. so they have two groups to hide from, the 'good guys' and the 'bad guys'...and also need to worry about being in the gateroom to get home.

and, except for maybe a glimpse at the end. no one on the planet even knows that they're there. people think that maybe the museum is haunted, or the bad guys did this, or the good guys did that.

basically our heroes hide in the museum, find and steal that bomb for its power source, trick people into going elsewhere, etc.

make it more of a con than silly hostage taking and bullying

sigpic

Comment

Instead of giving the series a grand send off the writers just gave up. The last half of the season is just filler until the movie.
                        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

it is very much like that. Like, once they got word about the movie it was 'ok, so we now have a movie so that's 2 episodes we don't need to make since we can turn them into the movie....damn, ok now what the hell are we going to do to fill those two hours??????'

than they ran off, trawled ff.net, swiped some truly awful fanfic and turned it into epsodes (just kidding...but honestly, to my taste, bounty especially, watched like fanfic, so did family ties...although if it was true mary sue fic, i'd have been vala's long lost sister instead of who we got...and bad guys...was simply bad...guys)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Consider yourself lucky...and I would advise missing next week's episode too

I saw a clip of the preview for "Bad Guys." They really are making Daniel the next version of Jack.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                              I saw a clip of the preview for "Bad Guys." They really are making Daniel the next version of Jack.
                              Yeap and it's failing miserably ! At least Shep is believable in the Jack-like role !

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                                I think your statement needs a little correction....
                                They really are trying to makeare making Daniel the next version of Jack, and failing miserably

hope you don't mind
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X