Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
    snipped

It's not as stupid a name as "Stargate Command" would have been. I swear that sounded like something you'd expect Leslie Nielsen to star in it.
    You're giving away the secret star of Stargate Universe!
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
      You're giving away the secret star of Stargate Universe!
      it would make it more watchable
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
        I agree with all points. AT is very good and I like the Sam character but I do not think it will have a big impact on the success of Atlantis. Antlantis is losing so popular character for season 4 and that will hurt. I also think another network would not much interest in SG-1 and the DVD Movies will be a test to see how many Fans will support SG-1.
        While I like AT, I've never paid that much attention to Atlantis it is a toss up between and . And Rodney just grates on my nerves. So I have no hope for it. I think they blew it with the disaster that was SG-1 season 9, and the franchise is circling the drain.
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

It's not as stupid a name as "Stargate Command" would have been. I swear that sounded like something you'd expect Leslie Nielsen to star in it.

You know, now Cam makes much more sense...they originally wanted Leslie Neilsen to star in it
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
            I for one won't buy something just because it's labelled "Stargate". Luckily I have friends like that so I'll get a chance to sample the products before buying !!! And if it's anything like the "new show" they won't see any money from me !!!
            I have very mixed feelings about getting any kind of Stargate dvd movie. If you'd asked me even a year ago, I probably would have said yes, solely because I've been watching SG-1 and Atlantis all along, and for the majority of the time, enjoying both. (And this despite my unhappiness with Seasons 9 and 2.)

But the PTBs' apparent disdain for their audience, coupled with the decline in both shows' writing, I don't have much goodwill for the "franchise" left. Nonetheless, I might be more open-minded about getting them if there were even one writer or director who sounded like he had some kind of personal investment in what they were doing. But it sounds more liked everyone's still on autopilot, doing what they think the network, or certain demographics want. As far as I can tell, nobody has a strong idea of a story he wants to tell.

All that said, I am baffled by the ratings difference between SG-1 and Atlantis now that their second halves are airing on Sci-Fi. I did personally prefer most of Atlantis' S3 to SG-1's S10, but I wouldn't have expected this kind of drop off. Maybe casual viewers don't want to watch a cancelled show?

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
              I for one won't buy something just because it's labelled "Stargate". Luckily I have friends like that so I'll get a chance to sample the products before buying !!! And if it's anything like the "new show" they won't see any money from me !!!
              I will not even think about buying the 1st movie, considering it continues the Ori story and I have no intention of buying S9/10 boxes so no need for that movie. As for the 2nd movie, we'll see. I have some hope for it but not enough for me to go out and buy it straight away. I'll watch it first, then I will decide if it's worth buying at all. If it's just the same as the last couple of seasons, it won't be seen on my DVD shelf.

Comment

Zoser if only TTPB ended the show after Season 8. I'm sure RDA would have done a couple of Movies. The Stargate francise may have been much better off than it is now. It's the classic case of a Show not nothing when to end IMO.

Comment

I feel the same way. I have no interest in the first and I'll take a wait and see on the 2nd. I have some hope since RDA will be in it but I do not like the idea it is about AU. Can we stop with the AU already?

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl View Post
                    it would make it more watchable
                    yeah, the actor type would finally match what coop has been making

a spoof
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

But the PTBs' apparent disdain for their audience, coupled with the decline in both shows' writing, I don't have much goodwill for the "franchise" left. Nonetheless, I might be more open-minded about getting them if there were even one writer or director who sounded like he had some kind of personal investment in what they were doing. But it sounds more liked everyone's still on autopilot, doing what they think the network, or certain demographics want. As far as I can tell, nobody has a strong idea of a story he wants to tell.
                      Yeah. To me, while i do know and acknowledge that i, as a fan, am nothing to tptb. Heck, i don't even have a neilson box, nor will i likely ever have one since i used to work for 2 of the local tv stations and i'm probably black listed. However, after a couple of interviews where anyone that doesn't squeen with mindless joy is told that they have issues or are stupid...dude, fine, don't need me, i don't need you.

They stopped making 'MY' show two years ago, so why should i get my panties in a bunch because you've altered the show into something taht no longer has a wide popularity? y'all have already dismissed me and my concerns so i really have none for you.

I can appreciate coop's frustration with facing a near constant line of criticism, but his attitude does nothing to mitigate it. In fact, his arrogant tone has turned more people off of him and his show.

He doesn't have to cater to fans certainly, but i think basically telling them to bugger off isn't quite the way to handle it either

As to the movies, i really don't care about coop's Vaniel and the Bori story. I hold out some hope for the secnod one simply because brad's taste and idea of 'good' is more in line with my taste.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Zoser if only TTPB ended the show after Season 8. I'm sure RDA would have done a couple of Movies. The Stargate francise may have been much better off than it is now. It's the classic case of a Show not nothing when to end IMO.
                        Yes, they should have ended the show after S8 but they got greedy and now the whole franchise is in jeopardy !!!
                        They should have made a couple of movies as an introduction to the new "Stargate Command" and solve S/J ship, maybe have AT/Sam move to Atlantis as they wanted all along, properly introduce new characters (Cam, Vala, Landry). It would have made more sense even concerning AT's pregancy ! (the shooting for the movies started April 15th !!!)

I feel the same way. I have no interest in the first and I'll take a wait and see on the 2nd. I have some hope since RDA will be in it but I do not like the idea it is about AU. Can we stop with the AU already?
                        Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                        I will not even think about buying the 1st movie, considering it continues the Ori story and I have no intention of buying S9/10 boxes so no need for that movie. As for the 2nd movie, we'll see. I have some hope for it but not enough for me to go out and buy it straight away. I'll watch it first, then I will decide if it's worth buying at all. If it's just the same as the last couple of seasons, it won't be seen on my DVD shelf.
                        I won't buy the first movie (I hate the Ori + no Jack) and I'll consider buying the second one provided that Jack is a major player in it and/or they happily resolve the S/J ship ! (And I even emailed them so that they can't say they haven't been warned )

LE: MediaSavant you have a PM !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                          And Rodney just grates on my nerves.
                          Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone in this. That statement tends to be the consensus among my little group of about-to-be-former SG1/SGA watchers.

Comment

I'll give 'em one thing. The decision to cancel SG-1 was the right one. If they had renewed for Season 11, all they'd be getting is ratings below a 1 in 2008 for a very expensive series that they have no financial interest in.

Of course, they may get that for renewing Atlantis.
                            You are a brave, brave soul. I came over here today to see if I could figure out why the shows have slipped into such suckitude, and I have to confess I've found very little useful info and solid fact, except for your posts. I think you've called it exactly right. These ratings are abysmal! Don't syndicated shows and daytime soap operas do better than this?

Comment

I cannot stand McKay. McKay gets way too much screen time. IMO it makes no sense to give a character like McKay the amount of screen time he gets.

Comment

part of the reason is that McKay actually has a presence. McKay is right there and in your face-kind of up close and personal-none of them came close to having anything resembling a personality-for the first two years I didn't think Rachel Lutrell could "act" and although Tori grew on as far as Wier is concerned-she was just window dressing-and speaking of dressing-who dressed her? or who did her hair?? talk about just blending into the background.
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X