S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    Maybe it's not Daniel that descended naked in Jack's office. maybe we really have Anubis causing all the problems and Daniel is still eating waffles.
    I definitely would choose a good, strawberry-covered Belgian waffle over the Ori any day. Even if it were a metaphorical, energy-being waffle.

Originally Posted by JessM
    I agree re: Vala throwing herself at Daniel. When we didn't really get much of that in S10, especially in the second half, it was refreshing and it made me respect her some more. It made me think that she could accept him as a friend and would stop throwing herself at him.
    *imitates Teal'c* Indeed.

I thought that was maybe the strangest part of Action Jackson's outburst about their relationship in Unending. Why couldn't he have started a serious conversation about their relationship some time during the last two years if his only concern was whether or not she was serious? Daniel never had a problem speaking up for himself before...

Comment

The B-25 Mitchell was a kick butt plane.

here's a link if interested:
      http://www.warbirdalley.com/b25.htm

Here is the plane that best describes The Mitchell SG-1 Bomber:

http://www.warbirdalley.com/l3.htm

cute--but useless in a battle.
      An homage! Ahhh, grasshopper......

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        but, but, but she's so cheeky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

course, it's not her cheeks that they focus on
        it's not?
        Honestly though, vala and cam, AS WRITTEN would have worked in a totally new and fresh show. We'd know from the getgo that it was a spoof and sheer silliness and could accept the plot holes and the like (kinda like i do iwth Dr Who)
        wouldn't have watched it, but sure. i guess anything works in that case, right?
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I don't know if spoilers are fair game here so I will use spoiler tags, spoilers for Unending..

Spoiler:
          Jackson just went over the edge of being likeable with this ep. He demands, BY GOD demands, that the entire crew die fighting to save a ship that he knows can't be saved because he got his panties in a knot and crammed up his butt and decided what HE personall wanted was more important than the lives he demanded be sacrificed for a cause he knew was not winnable. He knew the ship could not be saved and yet he still demanded it. I am glad Mitchell spoke out againt it and Landry ordered the crew beamed out before they yielded to Jackson's supreme arrogance. That pompous, arrogant, idiot should have stayed dead the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
            I don't know if spoilers are fair game here so I will use spoiler tags, spoilers for Unending..

Spoiler:
            Jackson just went over the edge of being likeable with this ep. He demands, BY GOD demands, that the entire crew die fighting to save a ship that he knows can't be saved because he got his panties in a knot and crammed up his butt and decided what HE personall wanted was more important than the lives he demanded be sacrificed for a cause he knew was not winnable. He knew the ship could not be saved and yet he still demanded it. I am glad Mitchell spoke out againt it and Landry ordered the crew beamed out before they yielded to Jackson's supreme arrogance. That pompous, arrogant, idiot should have stayed dead the first time.
            ROTFLMAO...luckily I know your sense of humor.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post

Spoiler:
              Spoiler:
              Given how Daniel has been since his return, particularly in the most recent series, I have to agree with the underlined part. The more I see of ActionJackson, the more I miss Jonas.

As far as "Unending" goes, I thought that the whole set up was ridiculous, clearly designed to engineer a situation where they'd be stuck on a ship for fifty years before hitting the reset button, with little or no thought given to the logic - or, in this case, the illogic - of the story.

a) Why would the Asgard decide to commit collective suicide? Even if they weren't ever going to solve their cloning problem and would eventually get sick, some would live longer than others as some have to have been cloned more often than others. It was extremely imprudent of them to simply hand over the technology without ensuring that the people they were handing it over to were ready, both in terms of technological advancement and as a society, to use it wisely.
              b) Why exactly is Landry commanding the Odyssey? He's supposed to be commanding the SGC and, to the best of my knowledge, he has no experience commanding a spaceship.
              c) Since when do the Asgard ships have Star Trek replicators instead of the Stargate kind?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                Spoiler:
                a) Why would the Asgard decide to commit collective suicide?
                Spoiler:
                Maybe they saw the script for the rest of the episode.

Spoiler:
                Even if they weren't ever going to solve their cloning problem and would eventually get sick, some would live longer than others as some have to have been cloned more often than others. It was extremely imprudent of them to simply hand over the technology without ensuring that the people they were handing it over to were ready, both in terms of technological advancement and as a society, to use it wisely.
                Spoiler:
                It's okay; SeriousCam is there to keep an eye out for things. If any rogue state - Iraq, China, France, Britain, Madagascar - stepped out of line, he could swagger in and beat up their premier in hand-to-hand combat, thus settling everything.

That being said, Cam Mitchell vs Elizabeth Windsor I would pay to see.

Spoiler:

b) Why exactly is Landry commanding the Odyssey? He's supposed to be commanding the SGC and, to the best of my knowledge, he has no experience commanding a spaceship.
                Spoiler:
                He's a leader. He's got a PhD in leadership and is therefore every bit as qualified to command a large vessel (despite being an Air Force flag officer) as Cameron is to command a small ground unit after a lifetime as a pilot.

Hmm.

Spoiler:

c) Since when do the Asgard ships have Star Trek replicators instead of the Stargate kind?
                Spoiler:
                Yet more weight to the theory that the whole of Seasons 9 and 10 are just a hallucination experienced in the seconds before Cambo's F-302 hit the ice.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Yet more weight to the theory that the whole of Seasons 9 and 10 are just a hallucination experienced in the seconds before Cambo's F-302 hit the ice.
                  Spoiler:
                  Yep - it only took two minutes for Mitchell to die, but he hallucinated two years worth of adventures in that time.

In the real world, there are no Ori, Jack still commands the SGC with Sam in command of SG-1.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Yep - it only took two minutes for Mitchell to die, but he hallucinated two years worth of adventures in that time.

In the real world, there are no Ori, Jack still commands the SGC with Sam in command of SG-1.
                    Actually, it takes 4 minutes for the brain to begin to die with no blood flow. With in ten minutes the brain is mush.

That gives plenty of time for Mitchell's brain to come up with season 9 and 10 and two movies!

I would say Mitchell has been found by medics and they are giving CPR, Defib, and drugs to keep the brain working. I'm sure the blood stop 40 minutes ago. But he keeps trying.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Spoiler:

Hey, that real world sounds cool.
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                        Hey, that real world sounds cool.
                        It's a very happy place. There's cake.

Comment

Actually, it takes 4 minutes for the brain to begin to die with no blood flow. With in ten minutes the brain is mush.

That gives plenty of time for Mitchell's brain to come up with season 9 and 10 and two movies!

I would say Mitchell has been found by medics and they are giving CPR, Defib, and drugs to keep the brain working. I'm sure the blood stop 40 minutes ago. But he keeps trying.
                          well, anoxia WOULD explain the increasingly silly nature of his dreams
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

well, anoxia WOULD explain the increasingly silly nature of his dreams
                            I still prefer this explanation -
                            -

Comment

So, are the writers really TRYING to erase everything that makes Stargate unique and different from other sci-fi shows? Why do they feel the need to destroy everything Stargate? If they get sick of people asking "where’s the asgard" why don’t they just ignore them like they ignore other cannon with no explanation? Why not leave SOMETHING for future attempts to revive the franchise? How much must they destroy before they feel vindicated or whatever they are going for?

Who will die in the movie? And what will it be a homage too Dargo? Walsh? Data?

Why do they feel the need to hamstring any future attempts with the franchise? With each act of destruction the Stargate universe becomes blander and smaller until there is nothing left to make the new show about....unless that’s the plan. Are they personally so tired of the Stargate universe that they will recreate their own universe in its stead? Why not just go make your own universe and leave the Stargate one for future Stargate shows?
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                no RCC
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X