S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grasshopper64 View Post
    Wasn't there a scene in Full Circle that was cut, where Daniel was explaining to Sam why he didn't visit her or something like that? That would have made sense and perhaps the editing was a bit amiss there.

It's a shame that it always seems to be these little character interaction scenes that get cut.........
    What would be nice (and probably make MGM some money) would be a dvd of cut/missing scenes. Not to mention a gag reel
    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      What would be nice (and probably make MGM some money) would be a dvd of cut/missing scenes. Not to mention a gag reel
      Gag reel? Don't they already have a (whole bunch of) gag reel(s), also known as Season 9?

(It made me gag. )
      Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
      So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

Originally posted by MerRu View Post
        Gag reel? Don't they already have a (whole bunch of) gag reel(s), also known as Season 9?

(It made me gag. )
        D'oh, how could I forget
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
          Yep, I did notice that.

I don't blame her either. I started with the bad feeling (or maybe "worse" feeling) when I heard the whole "we don't know what to do with your character" spiel. I knew then that Sam was going to be sidelined. She is really the only reason now that I've been watching this season... and I'm still quite disappointed.
          As hard as AT tried to stay away from being "Jacks Girl", it seems that is what she ended up as. Jack leaves and they don't know what to do with her character.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

(It made me gag. )
            That is the season where SG-1 went from drama to comedy classification. I guess you call it a geg reel--a 20 hour (actally less) long gag reel.

I do recall reading about the Daniel/Sam scene that was cut from Fallen. I would have liked to have seen it. I also wished they were smart enough to keep Jonas around. I liked Jonas and he played really well off of others. If I had a choice right now between the current Danial or Jonas--I would take Jonas in a heartbeat.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

yes, i've heard too that there was a sam/daniel scene in full circle that was cut

unfortunately, it seems taht what many of us want the most -character interactions - are the first things tptb cut out of the episode.

to me...it's kinda like assembling a box of chocolates...and the caramels are teh most popular choice...and what does the candy company take out of the box to make room for thier new fruit cream??? caramels.

and then wonder when folks stop buying the chocolates.

as more and more of 'teh good stuff' is removed to make room for candies that you don't want to eat, soon it's not worth even picking up the box
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                yes, i've heard too that there was a sam/daniel scene in full circle that was cut

unfortunately, it seems taht what many of us want the most -character interactions - are the first things tptb cut out of the episode.

to me...it's kinda like assembling a box of chocolates...and the caramels are teh most popular choice...and what does the candy company take out of the box to make room for thier new fruit cream??? caramels.

and then wonder when folks stop buying the chocolates.

as more and more of 'teh good stuff' is removed to make room for candies that you don't want to eat, soon it's not worth even picking up the box
                good analogy.
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  Well, how do we know it was daniel that descended? Maybe the next big shocker (TPTB's way of fixing it) would be Anubis descended and is pretending to be Daniel.

*He-Haw song*
                  Oh, where Oh, where are you are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over and thought I found *Daniel* You met another and pthh you were gone.

Ah! That would have been a good plot twist! I also like the idea about Teal'c being the wife in Origion! I would have paided money to see him have to dress up like her while acting all serious.

Oh, and Jackie I would green you for your last comment. however it won't let me. I wish they kept Jonas around as well and Daniel stayed in his gardian angel role at least until season nine.

I also have a quick question for anyone who knows. Okay, the other day I was watching Independance Day, and one of the character's names was Major Mitchell. Is that why they had to make Cammy's rank higher than what they origionally wanted to do? I know they have to go though legal stuff when picking out names for characters, but wow... if the last name was a problem then they could have just switched things around. Example: Major Mitchell Cameron. Doesn't sound as nice as Cameron Mitchell, but at least then we wouldn't have such a mess. Better yet they should have made BB Pete. Or waited to use him for the new series. Or even made him into the new CMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros View Post
                    Ah! That would have been a good plot twist! I also like the idea about Teal'c being the wife in Origion! I would have paided money to see him have to dress up like her while acting all serious.

Oh, and Jackie I would green you for your last comment. however it won't let me. I wish they kept Jonas around as well and Daniel stayed in his gardian angel role at least until season nine.

I also have a quick question for anyone who knows. Okay, the other day I was watching Independance Day, and one of the character's names was Major Mitchell. Is that why they had to make Cammy's rank higher than what they origionally wanted to do? I know they have to go though legal stuff when picking out names for characters, but wow... if the last name was a problem then they could have just switched things around. Example: Major Mitchell Cameron. Doesn't sound as nice as Cameron Mitchell, but at least then we wouldn't have such a mess. Better yet they should have made BB Pete. Or waited to use him for the new series. Or even made him into the new CMO.
                    Thanks,

I doubt the character in Independance Day influenced the ranks of Mitchell. It's not plagerism unless the character is EXACTLY the same. For example if I write a story and use the name Luke Skywalker--it would be plagerism if he was a jedi with blonde hair, blue eyes, one artificial hand, had a sister named Lea (however it was spelled) and his father name was Darth Vader.

FYI--there is also a Daniel Jackson in Saving Private Ryan. Of course he isn't played by MS or JS and is a Ranger in the movie.

In a book I am writing that's all original(for publish)--I have a Daniel who is based a little bit on Daniel Jackson. But his last name is Garrett and he is a linguist and mathmatician. He works for the OSS(CIA) The story is set during WW2--so I gave him a trade mark red bow tie and thick black glasses--he's also a prince with amnesia. Yep, Daniel makes a good damsel in distress.

I think they made Mitchell a Lt. Colonel instead a full Colonel because they didn't want to PO the fans by having him out rank Sam too. TPTB might as well have had Mitchell come in as the new boy wonder General and have Landry stay home! They knew they were going to upset many, many fans with all the changes. Too many changes all at one and done poorly.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros View Post
                      I'd say that Mitchell isn't a major because he couldn't very well command SG-1 if Sam outranked him.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        I think they made Mitchell a Lt. Colonel instead a full Colonel because they didn't want to PO the fans by having him out rank Sam too. TPTB might as well have had Mitchell come in as the new boy wonder General and have Landry stay home! They knew they were going to upset many, many fans with all the changes. Too many changes all at one and done poorly.
                        Likely.

The irony is that as a major, he would have been a far more popular character and if he was a full colonel, at least it would have made some sense that Sam didn't retake command.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                          Likely.

The irony is that as a major, he would have been a far more popular character and if he was a full colonel, at least it would have made some sense that Sam didn't retake command.
                          That still doesn't make sense having 2 high ranking officers on the same team. Just like it didn't make sense having 2 Lt. Colonels on the team, unless Mitchell was undergoing training. They should each have been commanding their own teams....but then again they did lock the airforce advisor in the closet, so that's what you get.
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

i think that had a lot to do wtih it.

they were in a catch 22.

mitch couldn't be a major cause then that woman would outrank him

but since they wanted to appeal to the youth crowd and make mitch as young as possible, he couldn't be a full bird colonel because his character would be too young (i'm not up on 'time in service' requirements but i want to remember that a minimum time in service for major is 12 years, so colonel is likely 20ish, and since you cant' join until you're 18, you're 38 minimum to be a full bird and they want cameron to be younger than that...i'm sure someone will correct me if my recollections are wrong)

thus cam became a lt colonel because a woman can't boss the leading male around and he was portrayed too young to be her ranking boss
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

(It made me gag. )
                              ROFLMAO - me too
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                I'd say that Mitchell isn't a major because he couldn't very well command SG-1 if Sam outranked him.
                                Yeah, he doesnt command them now. TPTB can have the characters SAY that all they want but when I see Mitchell and Carter on screen together they (at least AT) is SHOWING me that Carter is in charge. (at least in S9... didnt watch the crpfest that is S10)
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X