S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
    I have a feeling some of these Actors are afraid to go to TPTB with there concerns.I think the Actors on SG-1 voiced there concern to TPTB from time to time.I'm not sure the same thing is true for Atlantis.If I was one of the Actors on Atlantis other than DH I would be asking for more screentime and development for my character.I think Atlantis does not have that star Actor like RDA that TPTB would listen too.

Well, since there was no real good reason why they dismissed CN. My guess would be that he attempted to voice his concerns, and got the boot for it. Perhaps after that everyone else was too afraid to say anything. Again, that is just a guess, there is no hard proof to back it up.
    Last edited by Amanda Eros; 07 January 2007, 12:21 PM.

Comment

voicing concern is one thing. but actors may choose to remain silent

if the network is making the decision, don't wanna tick them off and be branded a trouble maker

You don't pee in the sandbox. the entertainment industry is a tight knit little place. you get the rep being a pain, you will find work harder and harder to find.

It's unprofessional to air dirty laundry in public.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
        I just wonder what would happen if Gekko was begged asked back to help the show?

I would see them writing Gen. Jack coming to the SGC to find out what the hell went wrong! He would start with Landry's idiotic decisions and ask why he let a man with no experience lead SG1 and why that alien that tried to kill Hammond and the crew of the Promethues was running around free not only in the SGC but on earth! Then he would have a meeting with SG1, tell Mitchell to get his butt over to the SGC training facility and learn something before putting a team in danger again. Then he would turn to Sam and ask the Colonel if there was any chance of going back in time to fix the mess Daniel got them into with the Ori.

Yea Jack would have to make a clean sweep of the base

Oh well, it's nice to dream
        Great idea! Screaming, yelling, confrontation, anger - Jack chewing the new guy out!! It would be so much fun. An angry, pissed off O'Neill is down right scary.
        sigpic
        Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
        My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

I just wonder what would happen if Gekko was begged asked back to help the show?

I would see them writing Gen. Jack coming to the SGC to find out what the hell went wrong! He would start with Landry's idiotic decisions and ask why he let a man with no experience lead SG1 and why that alien that tried to kill Hammond and the crew of the Promethues was running around free not only in the SGC but on earth! Then he would have a meeting with SG1, tell Mitchell to get his butt over to the SGC training facility and learn something before putting a team in danger again. Then he would turn to Sam and ask the Colonel if there was any chance of going back in time to fix the mess Daniel got them into with the Ori.

You could write a story...

Comment

Now this would be a dvd I would buy!
            sigpic

Comment

If I was in charge of SG-1 for MGM I would be on the phone to RDA and Gekko to ask them to run the Movies and Atlantis and a third series.I would turn the whole francise over to RDA and Gekko.They may not except but it would not stop me from trying.It just seems to me MGM is out of the loop with what is going on with the Stargate francise.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                If I was in charge of SG-1 for MGM I would be on the phone to RDA and Gekko to ask them to run the Movies and Atlantis and a third series.I would turn the whole francise over to RDA and Gekko.They may not except but it would not stop me from trying.It just seems to me MGM is out of the loop with what is going on with the Stargate francise.

At least get RDA to come in as an advisor. They certainly need something.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                  Great idea! Screaming, yelling, confrontation, anger - Jack chewing the new guy out!! It would be so much fun. An angry, pissed off O'Neill is down right scary.
                  Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                  Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                  Now this would be a dvd I would buy!

I wrote a fic where Jack did something similar. I got all the Vaniel fans going, "If you don't like them then don't write about them."

Any fan fic where Mitchell and Vala--along with Landry die--I would pay money for--does monopoly money count?
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Hehehe, I already did Repercussions http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2943741/1/
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

there's not a lot of basic stuff that i'd change...but i'd tweak a lot

marty stu mitchell would have a good backstory, vala would vamp less, teal'c would have something to do.

the basic stuff would stay the same, just tweaked to alter the stuff that i didn't enjoy about it

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

marty stu mitchell would have a good backstory, vala would vamp less, teal'c would have something to do.

the basic stuff would stay the same, just tweaked to alter the stuff that i didn't enjoy about it
                        Oh I would tweak too.
                        Mitchell would be brought onto SG-1 the team that already existed and was fine without him but the new Base commander liked the 4 man teams Hammond had setup and didnt like the idea of SG-1 getting to be "special".... this is the military after all.

Vala, well she can either be in jail or avoiding earth lest she be put in jail. She can make the occasional Maybournesque appearance as she "sort of" helps the team. She would actually be cleaver and people would actually be wondering what her angle is and when it is revealed it would actually makes sense and display her cleaverness instead of stupifying her like they have. No one would ever be stupid enough to trust her....except maybe naive Daniel, but even he, searching for the best in everyone, has developed enough of an edge to realize hes being played.

Lam would never exist of course...nor would the Ori.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

mitch would have joined at major mitchell, led the team
                          then had to step down and let sam take the leadership role.

vala would have been a goauld impersonator outed by sg1 who is a reluctant ally of a sort. she works iwth them for a bit, then goes off on her own, popping up like maybourne

landry and lam would NOT be related in the slightest

oh, and when vala has her parts, she is NOT attached to daniel and actually interacts with the other kids

sigpic

Comment

LOL!

Considering the story lines, plots, writing, dialogue, direction, (mis)use of characters, lack of character development, over-indulgence in special effects, lack of continuity, etc. ad nauseum, if they had to tweak all the aspects that I don't like in Seasons 9 and 10 until I did like them, pretty much nothing would be left but the Control Room / Conference Room / General's Office complex (with no one in it, mind) and the Stargate itself. Everything else would have been tweaked and retweaked so hard and so often it'd all have expired of the resulting bruises.

They've succeeded in ruining the series for me, to the point where I don't even actually want to look at the actors playing these characters any more, and, from here on out, I'll probably be changing the channels if I read any Stargate writers' or directors' names in the credits of other productions. If the actors played very different characters in other productions, I might watch some of them, but, the writers, etc., have pretty much graduated into my collection of people thata produce what I consider to be 'do-it-yourself entertainment by making fun of it' programming.

I guess that graduation should be considered another award for their shelves, huh?
                            Nerd-o-rama: Oh, I almost forgot. Sam also had the power of Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina for a few seasons (can use any alien technology if it suits the script's purpose.) Then they gave it to Jack for some reason.
                            So that's why we've seen so little of Sam and Jack in these past two seasons. They're spending all their free time as the Xenotechnological Deus Ex Machina League fighting evil in Washington DC.

Comment

lol and I agree.If it were my call there would be no Vala Mitchell Lam Landry and Ori.Hailey or Jonas would have been the 4th member and the Jack character would be mentioned often.

Comment

mitch would have joined at major mitchell, led the team
                                then had to step down and let sam take the leadership role.

vala would have been a goauld impersonator outed by sg1 who is a reluctant ally of a sort. she works iwth them for a bit, then goes off on her own, popping up like maybourne

landry and lam would NOT be related in the slightest

oh, and when vala has her parts, she is NOT attached to daniel and actually interacts with the other kids

If only.

Comment

Working...
                                X