S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    The ratings will probably be down in Germany (but we dont know that) but even if they are people still wont put the blame where it belongs ... on the show. Instead they will blame DVDs and bad dubbing? So we need to get that added to the blame calandar.
    Man, that calender sure is getting crowded.
    sigpic

Comment

Does William of Ockham have a day yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
        Does William of Ockham have a day yet?
        As in Ockham's razor?? <snerk>

Sure! Now, does he get a day or a whole month?
        -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          As in Ockham's razor?? <snerk>

That would assume that all things are equal and that there is a simple solution.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
            Agreed. It's funny there was never so much complain about the Nielsen system untill it started to drop big in ratings. Sky has always been pay channel, and if people that used to watch SG1 end their subscription, I guess they don't have any interest to watch anymore. It seems people only want to find exuses but can't face the facts that less people are watching the show now.
            If Season Ten was averaging 3.54 instead of 1.54 in the ratings, how wonderful and accurate do you think the Nielsen system would be considered?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
              That would assume that all things are equal and that there is a simple solution.
              Oh I think that poster isn't here right now
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                Man, that calender sure is getting crowded.
                stop!
                stop!!
                Sky1 is a pay channel.
                Just like it was last year.
                And the year before.
                And the year before.
                And the year before ............
                hey, i know what that is! it's a pattern. i like those. they're pretty.
                Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                If we're going to get all logical, then it should be noted that SG:1 has always been on a paid channel in the States. First on Showtime and then on SciFi. It has never been on a free channel for its first run - where the ratings count.
                mmhmm. and if we were going to do that, we have to point out that Nielsen ratings are determined by comparing the number of people that do watch to the number of people the CAN. and that would just be insane.
                sigpic
                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                  Sky One is PAID channel, so you can't be sure how many people decided not to continue their subscription to it this year.
                  I don't know about France, but if German RTL2 (which is Free To Air from Astra 1 satellite) will be (or has already started) airing season 9 and 10 I suppose a lot people from the outside of Germany may support the ratings. I know I'm going to as I have access to this channel
                  {Snip}

And you also can't tell how many people added it. Or perhaps you can. Surely Sky 1 has that type of information. One thing is certain. Less people are watching it than can watch it in comparison many earlier seasons. Coincidence? Nah. imo

Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    snip

And you also can't tell how many people added it. Or perhaps you can. Surely Sky 1 has that type of information. One thing is certain. Less people are watching it than can watch it in comparison many earlier seasons. Coincidence? Nah. imo

Suse
                    I got the feeling you wanted to be quoted for some reason
                    Last edited by Mandysg1; 18 November 2006, 08:28 PM. Reason: snippage
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      {Snip}

Suse
                      More than 17.5 million people have access to Sky One at present.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                        More than 17.5 million people have access to Sky One at present.
                        Only the stargate fans (30%)cancelled their subscription. And none of the new people like scifi. Its a conspiracy I tell ya.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Only the stargate fans (30%)cancelled their subscription. And none of the new people like scifi. Its a conspiracy I tell ya.
                          They can't have liked Stargate all that much if they were willing to cut off their access to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                            They can't have liked Stargate all that much if they were willing to cut off their access to it.
                            But see its key to the conspiracy that those people DID like stargate that much but it is only the other factors in life such as lack of funds that caused them not to watch thus leading to the cancellation of the show. After all its not like the show stinks now that thats why they arent watching......oh wait.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

But see its key to the conspiracy that those people DID like stargate that much but it is only the other factors in life such as lack of funds that caused them not to watch thus leading to the cancellation of the show. After all its not like the show stinks now that thats why they arent watching......oh wait.
                              Wow, the conspiracy to destroy SG-1 and deprive the "true fans" of their favourite show is far more complex than I thought - they've clearly bankrupted innocent fans to ensure that they can't subscribe to Sky and watch the show!

Comment

So, stargate S9-S10 are terrible in comparison to classic stargate.
                                The ratings are down in the US. The ratings are down in the UK. The ratings will probably be down in Germany (but we dont know that) but even if they are people still wont put the blame where it belongs ... on the show.
                                Isn't that what SciFi kinda did when they canceled it, saying it was time for it to end?

If they thought it was the timeslot, they coulda changed that--like they probably will for BSG. If they thought it was the promotion, they coulda changed that.

Maybe they aren't making a public statement about where the blame belongs--and they won't--but actions speak louder than words.

Comment

Working...
                                X