Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    the old adage, show don't tell is needed

don't TELL me how super mitch is, SHOW me and let me discover it for myself. If i convince myself first, i'll stay convinced. You try to convince me and i'll doubt and question out of sheer ornriness
    They really went all out trying to pimp the character - hero of the battle of Antarctica, Walter's awed approval, the CMOH, his "impeccable" record - and then made the character a screw-up who never had a hope of living up to his contrived backstory.

It would have been far better to transfer Major Mitchell to the team with a minimum of fuss and let the audience make up their own minds about him.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

lol

it's mitch's morphine enduced fantasy as he clings to life at McMurdo
      Honestly... This is really sad, but I think I'd be OK with that, if that were the case.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
        Honestly... This is really sad, but I think I'd be OK with that, if that were the case.
        I know I could accept it.

Comment

the CMOH is NOT handed out lightly, it is a graet honor and there's a reason that a good chunk of them are awarded posthumously.
          I’m guessing ignored.

That and the writers handed Mitchell a medal he’ll never be able to wear. It’s illegal to wear or make any realistic representation of the medal.

Giving it to Mitchell was really a bone-headed move.
          Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot View Post
            I’m guessing ignored.

That and the writers handed Mitchell a medal he’ll never be able to wear. It’s illegal to wear or make any realistic representation of the medal.

Giving it to Mitchell was really a bone-headed move.
            Having Mitchell as he was written around in the first place was a bone-headed move.

Comment

I am still rooting for Felger in the VR chair. The character is just so Mary Sue he would have to be someones fantasy and since we cant say its the writers fantasy on the show as cannon we have the perfect out with fantasy boy and the VR chair.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                But where does that leave Bobby
                Not in the shower with Jack I hope!
                What would (insert name of choice) say?

I like the idea of Felger in the VR chair, too. I can see them prying his lifeless body out of it as Jack says "What the hell was he thinking!"
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                  I would have been happier if Mitchell's was handed out postumously (feeling mean today)

I saw a list of CMOH winners at a museum exhibit today and CM was not among them. (Naturally he wasn't, but I did look for real heroes from my state)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
                    I saw a list of CMOH winners at a museum exhibit today and CM was not among them. (Naturally he wasn't, but I did look for real heroes from my state)
                    No wonder you didn't find him.

Did you try looking for incompetent screw-ups?

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                      Not in the shower with Jack I hope!
                      What would (insert name of choice) say?

I like the idea of Felger in the VR chair, too. I can see them prying his lifeless body out of it as Jack says "What the hell was he thinking!"
                      Is Felger's self-esteem really so low that he sees himself as Mitchell? The poor guy. They need to find a nice counsellor to help him - or Sam could kiss him. That would probably make his decade.

Comment

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/...sskating.shtml

So I was reading this recent MS interview and he said the following: (Just a slight warning, for anyone going to the link to read about SG, it's only talked about really in the first quarter of the interview and the rest is about the TV movie airing in December that he's in. Besides the two quotes I include, he references the general emotional state the cast/crew was in when filming the last episode.)

About S11:
                        "I was definitely surprised, I would say. I had heard so much that they had done a decent deal and SciFi was seemingly on-board for the eleventh season when they signed the tenth season agreement that it seemed like a no-brainer, as far as I was concerned. I thought we were going to come back. I thought that creatively we had some life and some juice and I thought it made a lot of sense, especially financially, to do both shows - Atlantis and SG-1 - back-to-back and continue to air them back on SciFi Channel for at least one more year. So it did take me by surprise, for sure."
                        I know there has been some speculation on this thread about an earlier interview where MS said he hadn't signed onto S11 but by this quote it appears that he was expecting for the show to go on and that he'd be included in it for another season. As far as what he says about the show's creativity, well I definitely think that there is plenty of room where they could still tell creative, interesting stories BUT unfortunately I don't think they've been doing a good job of doing that. If they had gone onto a S11 but kept up the same pattern that they have for S9/10 then it'd be pointless...for me at least.

About the movies:
                        "Oh yeah, absolutely," he says. "We know that it's going to be a better way to take some time and tell some good stories instead of what we've been doing a lot of years - telling some good stories and some not so good. This time we can really take our time and I think it's a dream fulfilled for a lot of people. Certainly a better wish would be to do a big budget feature film, but to do things like this, with less time commitment and more care taken, is something that we all are very interested in doing; especially if this is going to be the end of the road, then this is a great way to go out."
                        Well, I can certainly hope that they use the extra time to put together great movies and if they work hard enough to concentrate on the elements that have made the show successful all these years then maybe they can pull it off. However, if they just end up putting in everything that have made up the "not so good" stories then IMO the movies will be a complete waste of time and money. Guess it depends on what the writers think are the "good bits" and what they think are the "not so good bits"...scary thought.

Comment

either that or s9 and 10 thus far are nothing more than jack's bad attempts to write worm hole extreme fanfic
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                            No wonder you didn't find him.

Did you try looking for incompetent screw-ups?
                            sigh, poor cam.

see in real life, incompetant screw ups just get promoted while the real heroes are the ones that get the medals

there is a very real reason that most of the CMOH recipients are dead, and they didn't die of old age

the CMOH is like the Purple Heart...ya don't go looking for it. It comes looking for you, and usually at the wrong end of an enemy's weapon

sigpic

Comment

either that or s9 and 10 thus far are nothing more than jack's bad attempts to write worm hole extreme fanfic
                              Why would Jack write Sam out of command? Can she whack him over the head with a rolled up newspaper for it? Or throw something at him?

Maybe we should be blaming a preteen aspiring fic writer, probably male if Vala's costumes are any indication.

Comment

remember, it's nto jack writing sam out of command, it's jack writing stacy monroe and danning

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X