No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, for the period of time he was missing at least sg1 wasn't endangered by his boundless enthusiasm and eagerness to explore
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      well, for the period of time he was missing at least sg1 wasn't endangered by his boundless enthusiasm and eagerness to explore
      If TPTB had had enough of a sense of humour to poke fun at themselves, they could have solved the command situation then and there - Mitchell was away for a few weeks, Sam retook command in his absence and kept it after his return.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

won't ever happen. nothing will supplant the hewo

I wager if the very unlikely happened and ben chose to leave the show, they'd just find another caucasian male to fill his role

sigpic

Comment

won't ever happen. nothing will supplant the hewo

I wager if the very unlikely happened and ben chose to leave the show, they'd just find another caucasian male to fill his role
          It could be fun to see the pathetic excuses that would be made for why Sam wasn't in command.

I'm just relieved that TPTB's new direction isn't going to continue. Two seasons (and two DVD movies, if they're made) of "Stargate Command, Even Though We Have To Call It SG-1" is bad enough. I wouldn't mind if it had been given a new name, I don't like it dragging down the rest of SG-1 and I'd hate to see the damage TPTB could do in another season.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
            It could be fun to see the pathetic excuses that would be made for why Sam wasn't in command.
            I think the answer would go back to S1 episode 1...because her reproductive organs are on the inside instead of on the outside
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
              I think the answer would go back to S1 episode 1...because her reproductive organs are on the inside instead of on the outside
              Grrrrrrrrrrrr....That idea always just makes me so angry....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                But if you think about it, it should make you better suited for command...things don't...ah get in the way
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Whats more horrible than S10 being a "terrible idea"? Having your favorite show being cancelled.
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

My Favorite show WAS cancelled at the end of S8 just no one had the guts to tell me. Instead they PRETEND my favorite show is still on but substitue crp in its place.

Its like if I had a favorite steak house that I went to for a decade and I always ordered #1 and #1 was a big juicey well done NY strip steak with fried onions and sweet potatos. Then one day I go in and order a #1 and I get rare file mingon with mushrooms and fancy potatos. I am sure someone likes it, but I want what I ordered and just because the new dish has now been named the #1 doesnt freaking MAKE IT the #1.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Problem with Sam being in charge is that she is too smart. TPTB wanted someone who could be dumbed down to do all the super hewo stuff.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

hy to be fair yh... if u watch stargate from season 1 all the way to season 10 not much has chngd except for a few characters... dialogue is still there which u wud find in the first season... a blend of action sci fi comedy and adventure is there

Comment

I don't know what makes me angrier - that TPTB had so low an opinion of their fans that they thought that they would be okay with seeing Sam demoted because she's a woman; that they made such a sexist decision when they had the chance to rise above the stereotype or that there actually are fans out there who feel that it is acceptable for Sam to have been demoted because of her gender.

Comment

one supports the other

sigpic

Comment

one supports the other
                              True.

However TPTB had an opportunity to do some good at the beginning of Season Nine. Had they kept Sam in command, they could have given those (hopefully) few viewers who would rather see a competent, intelligent, experienced officer demoted than watch a woman in command something to think about, even if it didn't prompt a complete change of heart.

They failed to do so. Instead they chose to reinforce existing sexism and I am utterly disgusted with them.

Comment

I think that what is truly sad is the fact that TPTB don't realise what they've done is so sexist. They don't understand why we have this problem.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X