S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
    So they are not even going to bother finishing up season 10 in season 10.
    I tell ya, I nearly injured something when I read that. Crap.

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
      Yeah me too. Been watching some S1 eps lately and really...the humor has changed SO much then and now it's almoast scary. I think the humor was, as you say, more subtle, not as much and was given at just the right moments. I miss those days...thank god for DVDs.
      I think the term you’re looking for is “Smart”. There was a time where this show assumed its audience was intelligent and didn’t dumb it down. You know before they decided their audience was too stupid to tell the difference between Daniel and Mitchell because they looked alike. I think RDA’s and Gecko’s attitude about ‘Assume your audience is intelligent and don’t talk down to them” is the one thing that really left when RDA left.

Even back with scene back on Keb that Jack gets slammed a lot for using ‘inappropriate humor’. If you ever saw the Fawlty Towers scene Jack’s gleefully torpedoing in that scene, inappropriate or not your rolling on the floor laughing you’re a@@ off. Back then even their ‘inappropriate humor’ was sharp.

As for the changes in Daniel I write that off to lousy show-running. A show-runner’s job is to sometimes to remind an actor ‘You’re playing a character and pull it back in to character” and telling them tough if they don’t like it.
      Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

So they are not even going to bother finishing up season 10 in season 10. I guess it was a waste to leave those last three eps unwritten.

Are these really spoilers? I mean its on the front page.
        Spoiler:

Maybe in the time travel movie they will make everything right again.... or that will be their opportunity to create an entire new reality based on the movies and separate from Atlantis.

I dunno, all I know is direct to DVD normally means its crp. And if it is the ori story line that just means it is double double so. I am just hoping something good comes in movie two. It was sad that they didnt let it die in peace and now they will continue to kick it as the audience gets smaller and smaller.
        I wished they would finish
        Spoiler:
        this story line in 10 so I can look forward to the movies. I wonder if they will call RDA to tie up the lose ends he voluneered for in S10.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
          I tell ya, I nearly injured something when I read that. Crap.
          Yep, I feel the same. I first read Direct to DVD and I thought "it will be crp". Then I thought "I am judging too harshly. Even though they know it wont be good enough to be a real movie, or good enough to be on TV, maybe, just maybe they will have a good story and all will be well." So foolishly I read the rest of the article and then I did my best TO impression .."are you !@#$% kidding me?" and all hope was lost....well for movie # one. I still hold foolishly onto the hope of a better movie two. But now I think it may never be made when the ratings for one tank.

I am very saddened.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Yep, I feel the same. I first read Direct to DVD and I thought "it will be crp".
            Well with this news there’s no chance in h*ll of a season 11 that’s for sure.

Think of the bright side like the original movie... If you don’t want to acknowledge what happens you can float down that wonderful river call “De Nile”.

Though when I read ‘time travel’ I thought “Gee... Now their go completely cliché and have a bunch of us humans go back in time only to find out we humans were the Ancients all along. It like Camelot it’s only been done to death.
            Jack O’Neill: When it absolutely, positively, needs mocked, shot, or destroyed overnight!

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot View Post
              Well with this news there’s no chance in h*ll of a season 11 that’s for sure.

Think of the bright side like the original movie... If you don’t want to acknowledge what happens you can float down that wonderful river call “De Nile”.

Though when I read ‘time travel’ I thought “Gee... Now their go completely cliché and have a bunch of us humans go back in time only to find out we humans were the Ancients all along. It like Camelot it’s only been done to death.
              Sooooo Daniel and Vala is the source from where all Ancients and Ori spring?

No wonder they bounce from the arrogant self absorbed, and obessed with personal power and desire to overly compassionate to the point that they "interfere" and cause more problems and then refuse to fix those problems because "interfering" is wrong.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Sooooo Daniel and Vala is the source from where all Ancients and Ori spring?
                NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pardon me while I run away screaming at the mere thought of the spawn of Vaniel

Hopefully after everything that’s happened with the Ori.... Sam and Vala have sat down and had “The Talk” about birth control. Shutter

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot View Post
                  NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pardon me while I run away screaming at the mere thought of the spawn of Vaniel

Hopefully after everything that’s happened with the Ori.... Sam and Vala have sat down and had “The Talk” about birth control. Shutter
                  Spoiler:
                  After Adria, Vala probably won't even want to think about having any more kids.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Me too Rogue.
                    Spoiler:
                    Ori and time travel.What fun.Why not do a movie based on the 100th and 200th episodes? I really hate AU and time travel.I just wish TPTB would get over their obsession with both.I just hope RDA is involved.I cannot see these Movies being a success without RDA.

Comment

The film will be written and directed by current SG-1 executive producer and show-runner Robert C. Cooper.
                      Well now we know for sure, film #1 will definitely be crap
                      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Well now we know for sure, film #1 will definitely be crap
                        Unless he's actually learned something from Seasons Nine and Ten, their plummeting ratings and the show's cancellation.

Comment

Er, Regan? They're doing
                          Spoiler:
                          The Ori
                          for the movie! You've answered your own question.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM View Post
                            Er, Regan? They're doing
                            Spoiler:
                            The Ori
                            for the movie! You've answered your own question.
                            So we can expect two hours of crap in movie form in the not distant enough future, I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                              So we can expect two hours of crap in movie form in the not distant enough future, I take it?
                              That would be my guess.

Comment

So they are not even going to bother finishing up season 10 in season 10. I guess it was a waste to leave those last three eps unwritten.
                                Seeing as the third to last episode is about
                                Spoiler:
                                Lam and Landry

I'd say, yep.
                                Are these really spoilers? I mean its on the front page.
                                I thought to I'd stay on the safe side.
                                I didn't want to risk causing anyone to become physically ill at the prospect of another time travel story.

Comment

Working...
                                X