• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smurf
    Instant reaction to the promo...
    Spoiler:
    Hey, look it's the magic fairy beam!

Intreresting promo, it seems to show the entire episode in 2 minutes. What are they going to fill the other 40 minutes with?
    I'm sure we all remember Tangent

Daniel: We were hoping you could kinda --- like --- beam them out.

Jacob: (Laughing) Beam them out? What am I, Scotty?
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
      Has anyone seen the vignette for tonight's ep (plus preview for The Quest Part 1)? The AOL site doesn't work for me, so I watched it on YouTube here.
      Thanks for the link, AOL doesn't work for me either. Thanks to Ooooober too for the clip

Intreresting promo, it seems to show the entire episode in 2 minutes. What are they going to fill the other 40 minutes with?
      Cambo of course!!

Something tells me I'll be posting here after tonight's ep.

Spoiler for tonight's ep
      Spoiler:

Though I did like T getting some biff in - I think I'll enjoy that
      -

Comment

Instant reaction to the promo...
        Spoiler:
        Hey, look it's the magic fairy beam!

That was my reaction too. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait for SGA to see human ingenuity play any role.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
          That was my reaction too. Oh well. Guess I'll have to wait for SGA to see human ingenuity play any role.
          You just better hope that RCC doesn't get his hand in the cookie jar next season
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            You just better hope that RCC doesn't get his hand in the cookie jar next season
            Nooooooo! Please no.
            sigpic

Comment

Geez Suse, do I have to explain everything
              They are really body-snatching aliens whose sole intent purpose is to bring Stargate down, so they can make room for their brethren...on ECW, now don't tell me you can't tell they are aliens Don't forget they also have their spies planted in SciFi...is it starting to make sense now
              :smacks head: D'oh! Bodysnaching aliens or ones like Foothold? Makes perfect sense!

Thanks for the heads up Ms. Canada!

Suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I've been wondering what will happen to him and others once SG-1 is over. Are they moving to the Atlantis team. If so, won't that make the costs increase (as well as the writing tank)?

I'm not being unkind when I say that RCC and PDL need to retire from the Stargate franchise. Let them move on to other projects.

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                  They barely seem to be trying to come up with a way to fight the Ori themselves, they're devoting more energy to a treasure hunt when, a few seasons ago, Sam would have been trying to come up with her own way to defend against the Ori and the team would have expended more time and effort trying to undermine the Ori's power base - their followers' loyalty.

the thing is, they can't. how can a mere mortal prove that a 'god' is wrong?
                  especially when that god has super powers, plagues and miracles?

this is the fatal flaw of the 'all powerful ori'

'we' could defeat the goa'uld because we could use enslavement and other actions against them. the ori use spin and intimidation but no real concrete acts thus you can't argue against them

we'll never win an outright arguement because teh deck is stacked in the ori's favor. the only way we could is if someone has prior powers and outpreaches the ori. but we don't have that, thus the only way to undermine the ori power base is to kill all the followers. which kinda makes us as bad as they are

the only way for us to get out of this without committing genocide is to either find the DEM or to find another advanced race that'll do the dirty work for us, thus turning us into intergalactic tattle tales
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                    I've been wondering what will happen to him and others once SG-1 is over. Are they moving to the Atlantis team. If so, won't that make the costs increase (as well as the writing tank)?

I'm not being unkind when I say that RCC and PDL need to retire from the Stargate franchise. Let them move on to other projects.
                    i agree. i think they need to take their talents to a fresh and new slate and leave atlantis alone
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      i agree. i think they need to take their talents to a fresh and new slate and leave atlantis alone
                      Especially when I'm just now enjoying Atlantis!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Crow T. Robot
                        Have you ever tried to tell an obstinate toddler what to do?

I’ve always gotten the impression that is how really the Asgard sees us. There’s an old Cherokee tale my grandfather told me about how a child must learn for themselves that fire burns by touching it just once. That true learning can only come from experience. That a parent’s job is to be there not to keep them from learning fire burns but to keep them from getting too hurt when they learn it.

I think the Asgard see their job is ‘containing our damage’ as we take those first steps towards toddling out in to the universe. :>

As for Thor disabuse of our Ancient worship... Have we ever actually asked them what happened? Have we ever asked what the Ancients were like? Why they fled to the Ida galaxy? What happened to the ancient alliance?

The true first step towards wisdom is learning to pose the right questions.
                        To quote Babylon 5 I hope I get this right...:

Who am I?
                        What do I want?
                        Why am I here?

Er, maybe not.

I wonder if the writers have even asked themselves why the Furlings disappeared (200 was a bogus/copout) and the Asgard left the Milky Way (and apparently the Pegasus Galaxy) to the Ancients. Though I suppose you could say thew Nox disappeared no pun intended.

Suse
                        whose brain is syrup at the moment
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                          To quote Babylon 5 I hope I get this right...:

Who am I?
                          What do I want?
                          Why am I here?

Er, maybe not.

I wonder if the writers have even asked themselves why the Furlings disappeared (200 was a bogus/copout) and the Asgard left the Milky Way (and apparently the Pegasus Galaxy) to the Ancients. Though I suppose you could say thew Nox disappeared no pun intended.

Suse
                          whose brain is syrup at the moment
                          Here Suse, have some of the good stuff
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Canadian maple syrup? Mmmmmm. Can I have that with some eggs over easy, some Canadian bacon and some buttered toast? LOL But I need to pull a Cam and have some nice fresh grits too. The South has corrupted me.

well that was weird. But it's been happening lately. I thought "some" and typed "once".

On topic: As much as I "don't particularly care" for this season, I wonder how much I'd like it if S9 hadn't colored my opinion so badly?
                            Suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Don't you mean:

Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                                Don't you mean:
                                Well, Suse knows that Cam's favourite is
                                Spoiler:

you had to have seen that coming, S!
                                Last edited by DEM; 15 September 2006, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X