No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's something that's bothered me ever since I saw last weeks Eureka. It's on the same channel as Sg-1, but in that episode spoilers just in case.

Spoiler:
    There was an on screen conflict about the guy getting the promotion, rather than the female, who was there longer. I was thinking at the time, I wish this could have happened on screen with one the other characters on Sg-1 on behalf of Sam.

Which really begs the question, did Eureka get this idea from watching last seasons Sg-1 or was someone watching this fourm. Yes, it does sound a little
    paranoid, but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
      Here's something that's bothered me ever since I saw last weeks Eureka. It's on the same channel as Sg-1, but in that episode spoilers just in case.

Spoiler:
      There was an on screen conflict about the guy getting the promotion, rather than the female, who was there longer. I was thinking at the time, I wish this could have happened on screen with one the other characters on Sg-1 on behalf of Sam.

Which really begs the question, did Eureka get this idea from watching last seasons Sg-1 or was someone watching this fourm. Yes, it does sound a little paranoid, but who knows?
      You never know.

If Stargate's PTB won't address the sexism issue, it's nice to know that Eureka's PTB will.

Spoiler:
      As a matter of curiousity, what reason was given on Eureka for the man being promoted first?

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I do not know how you sat through the entire episode! I watched it for a couple minutes, then turned it off. Couldn't stand the awfulness of it.

Comment

I am really tired of everyone thinking the Nielsens count everyone! You DO NOT have an effect on the Nielsens unless you are a Nielsen family! They do not count everyone in the country, just a small percentage. The excuses of the ratings are just the dumb-founded TPTB excuses for lousy ratings, rather than admitting that the show is bad now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
            I do not know how you sat through the entire episode! I watched it for a couple minutes, then turned it off. Couldn't stand the awfulness of it.
            Taking cat naps helps a lot
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
              You never know.

If Stargate's PTB won't address the sexism issue, it's nice to know that Eureka's PTB will.

Spoiler:
              As a matter of curiousity, what reason was given on Eureka for the man being promoted first?

Spoiler:
              Because someone in Washington DC decided to transfer the US Marshall to the town of Eureka so he could be the Sheriff (sp) But since it's a television show, it could have been a female Marshall, ya know. There one saving grace about this show, David Greenwalt is one of the Cons. Producers.They even have a science advisor. ETA Found the the name of the advisor Dr. Kevin R. Grazier .... science advisor imdb
              Last edited by LaCroix; 14 August 2006, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Hey how could you not love the character, his name is Jack Carter after all
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                  Hey how could you not love the character, his name is Jack Carter after all

I don;t mind the name really, I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                    I don;t mind the name really, I don't.
                    It's a bit disconcerting, though, when those ads come on. I sometimes feel like a rat in behavioural psychology experiment, what with all the twitching and head-wrenching.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                      It's a bit disconcerting, though, when those ads come on. I sometimes feel like a rat in behavioural psychology experiment, what with all the twitching and head-wrenching.

But wasn't that
                      Spoiler:
                      Monkeys in that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        You never know.

Spoiler:
                        that's because they don't think it's an issue. the MEN that write teh show can't/won't see how they have discriminated against sam cause, well she's a woman and surely it's the woman's place to be subservient to men

they will never address because, to them, there is no issue. it's just the natural order of things
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                          I am really tired of everyone thinking the Nielsens count everyone! You DO NOT have an effect on the Nielsens unless you are a Nielsen family! They do not count everyone in the country, just a small percentage. The excuses of the ratings are just the dumb-founded TPTB excuses for lousy ratings, rather than admitting that the show is bad now.
                          you're right, they don't. only thost 5000 families with boxes and a few in the select big cities where they get overnights

the tivo boxes, well i believe that's big brother at its finest. see, when you program the tivo what you record and watch is sent to the company. someone knows what tv you're watching.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            you're right, they don't. only thost 5000 families with boxes and a few in the select big cities where they get overnights

the tivo boxes, well i believe that's big brother at its finest. see, when you program the tivo what you record and watch is sent to the company. someone knows what tv you're watching.
                            I wouldn't mind that as long as there's an option to disable that and people are aware that they can turn it off.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i don't know if there is. and i don't know how many folks even know that tivo collects the info

now i am going on the assumption that they are collecting the info simply because, how else can they know if folks are watching it live or later if they're not???

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                                i don't know if there is. and i don't know how many folks even know that tivo collects the info

now i am going on the assumption that they are collecting the info simply because, how else can they know if folks are watching it live or later if they're not???
                                Oh I believe you're on to something. My point was that I'd only be okay with such a thing if they made sure people were aware that their viewing habits were being recorded and disseminated and if they gave people the option of turning that feature off. Otherwise, like you said, WAY too big brotheree.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X