Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    spoofing other shows and spoofing US

time will tell if their 'love letter' is all p retty roses, or a 'Dear John' with pretty stationary
    I'm thinking sharp stick in the eye.
    sigpic
    Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
    My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
      It’s funny. At the beginning of the season they had a 1.4 and I thought that was unbelievably bad and inconceivable. Now I see the 1.4 and it was better then I expected and I am not expecting the show to get cancelled anymore. Maybe some fans denial is rubbing off on me, maybe I expect TPTB to have as low expectations as I have, maybe scifi does. Who knows? I think if it maintains a 1.4 it could be renewed.... but like I said at the moment I am in feeling like that was better then expected rating. Weird.
      If it helps, remember that the only episode prior to this season which gained less than a 1.4 was Enemy Mine (1.2 - frankly, it deserved it ). Even during S6 it only hit the low of 1.4 twice (Descent & Paradise Lost - didn't deserve it ). So 1.4 is pretty bad.
      I can only see a renewal off a 1.4 average with a budget cut.

Well
      Spoiler:
      since SG-1 TPTB spend so much time ripping off those other shows, maybe they got confused and thought they were spoofing SG-1

Above was a spoiler for ep '200'. Question: Can something that is already rotting be spoiled?
      I've been hoping SG-1 would eat its own tail for a while now. It's done Farscape, Star Wars, Firefly, Star Trek, etc., surely it must be time to homage a once great show called Stargate: SG-1?

Comment

I know how TPTB can save tons of Money but it will never happen.Get rid of the Vala and Mitchell characters and the Ori and bring in Hailey or Jonas.You try to get RDA to make more appearances in Season 11 and SG-1 might be back on track.

Comment

Given what is being promoted for the 200th ep. Does anyone think it might be too much to hope that there is a (semi) decent B-plot to 200, like there was for Wormhole X-Treme?

It is, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
            Given what is being promoted for the 200th ep. Does anyone think it might be too much to hope that there is a (semi) decent B-plot to 200, like there was for Wormhole X-Treme?

It is, isn't it?
            Um have we had a decent A plot, yet alone B Plot since S8
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I'm going to break from the pack, go out on a limb, swim against the tide or insert your favorite applicable cliche here.

I think that 200 will get at LEAST a 2.0 and then the episode directly afterward might garner a 1.8 because it would be riding on 200's coattails. As time progresses and people realize that RDA isn't really back and they're still continuing the same storylines as before, the ratings will continue to drop back down to a 1.3...probably averaging 1.4 or 1.5.

So someone call me on it if I'm wrong because I'm sticking my neck out, going all in, taking a dive into the deep end...etcetera and yadda.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                I'm going to break from the pack, go out on a limb, swim against the tide or insert your favorite applicable cliche here.

I think that 200 will get at LEAST a 2.0 and then the episode directly afterward might garner a 1.8 because it would be riding on 200's coattails. As time progresses and people realize that RDA isn't really back and they're still continuing the same storylines as before, the ratings will continue to drop back down to a 1.3...probably averaging 1.4 or 1.5.

So someone call me on it if I'm wrong because I'm sticking my neck out, going all in, taking a dive into the deep end...etcetera and yadda.
                Sorry but this Royal Bookie ain't taking any bets on this subject
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I think you might be right. Though I think certain coughcoughaspects of 200 are going to (re)kill the show for those who are back for the 200th ep celebration.
                  Spoiler:
                  Vala as Dorothy?!?!?! Other stuff looks amusing.

Suse
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse
                    I think you might be right. Though I think certain coughcoughaspects of 200 are going to (re)kill the show for those who are back for the 200th ep celebration.
                    Spoiler:
                    Vala as Dorothy?!?!?! Other stuff looks amusing.

Suse
                    Seriously. If they can't garner a 2.0 from one of the most if not THE most advertised episode of the franchise, then they should pack it in...close up shop...stick a fork in it...blah blah blah.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Seriously. If they can't garner a 2.0 from one of the most if not THE most advertised episode of the franchise, then they should pack it in...close up shop...stick a fork in it...blah blah blah.
                      Make like a tree and leave? Fish or cut bait? ____ or get off the pot?

Suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        I know how TPTB can save tons of Money but it will never happen.Get rid of the Vala and Mitchell characters and the Ori and bring in Hailey or Jonas.You try to get RDA to make more appearances in Season 11 and SG-1 might be back on track.
                        I don't know if that would happen. Even if TPTB were to decide that the low ratings could be traced back to Mitchell and Vala - not because they were badly handled characters, of course, but because the fans wouldn't accept change - and they were able to sort BB and CB's contracts out, would they be willing to (a) basically admit that the characters hadn't been well-received by writing them out, (b) slight colleagues that they seem to enjoy working with or (c) risk the loss of the Mitchell and Vala fans in the hopes that those who didn't like the characters will start watching again?

I don't think they'd bring Jonas back, he's scarcely rated a mention since he left.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                          If it helps, remember that the only episode prior to this season which gained less than a 1.4 was Enemy Mine (1.2 - frankly, it deserved it ). Even during S6 it only hit the low of 1.4 twice (Descent & Paradise Lost - didn't deserve it ). So 1.4 is pretty bad.
                          I can only see a renewal off a 1.4 average with a budget cut.

I've been hoping SG-1 would eat its own tail for a while now. It's done Farscape, Star Wars, Firefly, Star Trek, etc., surely it must be time to homage a once great show called Stargate: SG-1?
                          oh, so even in its first season on scifi it never got a 1.3 and was only averaging a 1.4 ok that makes a bit of difference. Yea, I can see scifi negociating for one of those 13 ep seasons they tried to do with farscape with a budget cut... which means goodbye to the last good things in the show AT, MS, CJ, Gate special effects, stuff like that will be the first to be cut.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I dunno, there is nothing in the advertsing that I have seen that screams "WATCH ME" and a whole lot that screems "CHEESE". RDA fans may come back (if they have more faith in TPTB then I) but I dont see those adverts pulling in too many casual fans or first timers.
                            Spoiler:
                            Zombies? Really?

All that being said you are a lot smarter then I. So if you think that and I think no.... then you will probably be right so, no bet.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

oh, so even in its first season on scifi it never got a 1.3 and was only averaging a 1.4 ok that makes a bit of difference. Yea, I can see scifi negociating for one of those 13 ep seasons they tried to do with farscape with a budget cut... which means goodbye to the last good things in the show AT, MS, CJ, Gate special effects, stuff like that will be the first to be cut.
                              I know this isn't my place here and I'm going off topic and I'm not invading or critisisng and shall be gone as soon as I finish this post... just wanted to point soemthing out about those ratings.
                              The comparisment with the numbers as they are for seasons 6 & 7 is irrelevant, unless you use the number of viewers. Seasons 6 and 7 had 1 rating point = 700,000 viewers. Season 10 has 1 rating point = 1,250,000 - well, roughly. So the 1.2 Enemy Mine earned translates to about 840,000 viewers, which would be a 0.67 (if I haven't mixed up my maths, which I might have.) a 1.2 rating today equals about 1.5 million viewers.
                              Again, sorry for the intrusion.. cheers.

*poofs into the void*
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I dont know?? One would think 200 could do a 2.0 but I dont think so. As someone else mentioned--those that stopped watching have simply stopped and would not even be aware or care about 200.

I am guessing a 1.5 or 1.6. Even if the ratings for 200 are good or bad--it does not speak well for the season as a whole.
                                Low ratings will confirm that many have walked away. A high rating would confirm the RDA factor and that people have stopped watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X