No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He wasn't absent, he was concentrating on "Atlantis".
    Yes, I meant absent from SG1 because he was focused on Atlantis.

Thanks for the S9 info. There goes my theory. Beachhead was...okay. Ripple Effect could have been a terrific episode but sadly was a missed opportunity for me. So Brad clearly didn't come riding to the rescue on those two.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
      Yes, I meant absent from SG1 because he was focused on Atlantis.

Thanks for the S9 info. There goes my theory. Beachhead was...okay. Ripple Effect could have been a terrific episode but sadly was a missed opportunity for me. So Brad clearly didn't come riding to the rescue on those two.

Albion
      Maybe he wasnt concentrating because he was too distracted with atlantis. Perhaps he didnt have time to do proof reading and re-writes. Maybe he was still trying to get a handle on the crpy new direction of the show and the lame characters that were developed in his absence.

Who knows, glad you guys liked this weeks SG-1 ep. Still not enough to bring me back though. Last year had one or two decent eps (I really did like prototype) and some good moments in other eps. But as long as the focus is not the TEAM but is single user focused show with some other supporting characters I just cant get interested. SGA right now is doing the team thing so I will keep watching that... well except for this week which I purposefully skipped. The spoilers and previews gave me absolutly no hope that I would like the ep.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
        Maybe he wasnt concentrating because he was too distracted with atlantis. Perhaps he didnt have time to do proof reading and re-writes. Maybe he was still trying to get a handle on the crpy new direction of the show and the lame characters that were developed in his absence.

Who knows, glad you guys liked this weeks SG-1 ep. Still not enough to bring me back though. Last year had one or two decent eps (I really did like prototype) and some good moments in other eps. But as long as the focus is not the TEAM but is single user focused show with some other supporting characters I just cant get interested. SGA right now is doing the team thing so I will keep watching that... well except for this week which I purposefully skipped. The spoilers and previews gave me absolutly no hope that I would like the ep.
        Honestly, this season has been an improvement over season 9. TPP was really a good ep. If you can find someone to send you a dvd of it, give it a try. I bet you'll like it.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
          As for Vala
          Spoiler:
          If I were Daniel Jackson, I would have told her to shut up!
          Someone, please, explain why that character is on this team/show.
          the only thing i can think of is that someone at skiffy absolutely adores her

because yeah, vala served no purpose in the eps other than to give daniel and ego boo and someone else to talk to

and that someone coulda been any of the atlantis crew. How about teyla? wouldn't that have been interesting?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
            This Zoser is a she!
            Sweet - gotcha! Sorry - I should have put he/she, but now I know. That's what I get for trying to post and do two other things at the same time, usually involving a toddler.
            If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
            proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
            Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
              LOL. Should be the new test. If Mikey....I mean Zoser.....didn't hate it maybe I'll like it.
              <----slaps knee

GUFFAW!!!!
              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                Honestly, this season has been an improvement over season 9. TPP was really a good ep. If you can find someone to send you a dvd of it, give it a try. I bet you'll like it.
                I agree. There have been missed opportunities and nitpicks of course (some big HONKIN' nitpicks especially with Mitchell doing everyone's job/filling every role in F&B), but seriously, Season 10 so far is better than all of Season 9 put together. And I agree with you... Pegasus Project was a hit for me too.

Amazingly though, there have been 4 episodes that I didn't detest Mitchell...and 2 of them have been from Season 10. Now...if they can just tone Mitchell down so that I don't constantly want to shoot him...I'd be much obliged.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

if they could do the same with vala

unfortunately, i think her OTTedness is tied to her being linked with daniel, and since they seem to be joined at the hip, i'm not sure if there's much of a chance of that happening
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This is a question for the poeple who watch Atlantis.Does McKay always get soo much screen time? If he does that could be a big problem.Especially if he is always so annoying.I can see that being a problem with some of the other Actors.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Amazingly though, there have been 4 episodes that I didn't detest Mitchell...and 2 of them have been from Season 10. Now...if they can just tone Mitchell down so that I don't constantly want to shoot him...I'd be much obliged.
                      It's so weird... this is neither a pro- nor anti- post, but I just can't figure it out... I've seen all of season 9, all of season 10 (so far), and Mitchell seems the same to me. Maybe a little more serious (I would be to after the incident at the Ori Supergate), but he seems the same Mitchell from season 9. At least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        This is a question for the poeple who watch Atlantis.Does McKay always get soo much screen time? If he does that could be a big problem.Especially if he is always so annoying.I can see that being a problem with some of the other Actors.
                        McKay gets lots and lots of screen time. I dont know that it is a big problem (most of the time) its not like the show is "the world according to Mckay".

You dont get the sense that the universe is focused on Mckay just that he has good chemistry with just about every other actor on the show including minor characters like Zalenka and Loren. Plus, he is your exposition boy on the show and they need someone to do those lines...quickely.

Usually Mckay is playing off other characters and usually he is NOT the hewo even when he is the one that comes up with the "brilliant" solution (which he points out to everyone). Since he does seem to have good chemistry with the other actors I dont see them having issues with him. He doesnt strike me as ego boy (the actor... the character is most definitily ego boy) and in fact Hewlit convinced many of his fellow actors to be in a small little movie of his own. Mckay is however, quite annoying, thats just his character. He is toned down from SG-1 version but still quite annoying. But on Atlantis it works (most of the time when they dont have him go to OTT).
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Thanks.I have no problem with Actor.It's just I had a hard time watching the episode with the way McKay was acting.I found it a little distracting.

Comment

Thanks.I have no problem with Actor.It's just I had a hard time watching the episode with the way McKay was acting.I found it a little distracting.
                            I thought he was more obnoxious than usual in this show. It gave Mitchell something to do.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

It sounded like he had too much coffee.I loved how Mitchell and Sheppard treated McKay.It would also be nice if McKay was not always tied to the hip of the Sam character.There are other members of SG-1 for him to annoy.

Comment

...it would also be nice if McKay was not always tied to the hip of the Sam character.There are other members of SG-1 for him to annoy.
                                Oh, but I love him with Amanda Tapping and I know they enjoy working together.
                                Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Working...
                                X