S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
    anyone have links to the promo shots from past seasons?
    This site contains the promo shots for seasons 9 and 10.

http://sg.emedian.net/
    AncientsTimeline

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
      snipped
      Totally agree on Sarah - would have been fascinating seeing the SGC wipe the galaxy of the Goa'uld (my favorite enemy). This would cause political vacuums and social turmoil and leave openings for the rise of new foes. And we could even use the round spinny thing.
      There's no way they would bring in Sarah. A female ex-Goa'uld host? Uh, I think they already have one that they would certainly not want to make run of the mill.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
        Sorry to switch topics but, I just looked at the ten new cast photos for season ten. I was so annoyed. Vala has two that are totally by herself. None of the other characters even have one. They have some group shots that are done by gender I guess. I did some totals on how many of the ten pictures each is in.

Daniel: 4
        Sam: 4
        Teal'c: 4
        Landry: 2
        Mitchell: 7
        Vala: 5

Does this look fair?
        Uh huh... Yeah... I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed it. Thanks for doing the tally there. As everyone has said - that only proves our point, eh?

Harrumph.

Comment

Originally posted by Krilia
          There's no way they would bring in Sarah. A female ex-Goa'uld host? Uh, I think they already have one that they would certainly not want to make run of the mill.
          Yes the have Carter and Sarah you certainly wouldnt want to make it run of the mill and cliche or anything.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
            Sorry to switch topics but, I just looked at the ten new cast photos for season ten. I was so annoyed. Vala has two that are totally by herself. None of the other characters even have one. They have some group shots that are done by gender I guess. I did some totals on how many of the ten pictures each is in.

Daniel: 4
            Sam: 4
            Teal'c: 4
            Landry: 2
            Mitchell: 7
            Vala: 5

Does this look fair?
            also what i expected

cam and vala are the new stars and will be the focus of the show

about the only thing that surprised me was that they didn't play up the farscape angle more than they did

get used to it folks, as far as skiffy is concerned, the only characters that matter are cam and vala
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Its kinda annoying, but thats what happens with shows. Man was I annoyed when they took Cordelia off Angel!

chem

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                also what i expected

cam and vala are the new stars and will be the focus of the show

about the only thing that surprised me was that they didn't play up the farscape angle more than they did

get used to it folks, as far as skiffy is concerned, the only characters that matter are cam and vala
                Cam and Vala--its sinking in heck--we are not even getting Stargate Monday.
                Not sure if I heard the ad correctly but they are pushing S9 dvds with the promise of S10 sneak peaks?

If that is correct---it speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by kazzyk
                  Cam and Vala--its sinking in heck--we are not even getting Stargate Monday.
                  Not sure if I heard the ad correctly but they are pushing S9 dvds with the promise of S10 sneak peaks?

If that is correct---it speaks volumes.
                  you heard right-that is exactly what they are doing-pushing 9 while pimping 10.

I would say something about getting screwed and my money's worth-but I won't.
                  Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                    you heard right-that is exactly what they are doing-pushing 9 while pimping 10.

I would say something about getting screwed and my money's worth-but I won't.
                    I can't name a ep in season 9 that is worth watching over again much less spending money for. Besides my money is the only way to really voice my opinion.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I tried to enter the SG-1 Sweepstakes & was told my birthday indicated I couldn't sign up for the sweepstakes ! My birthday is 12-3-1950. I'm 55. Does this mean the Sweepstakes discriminate against the older fans ???

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor401306
                        I tried to enter the SG-1 Sweepstakes & was told my birthday indicated I couldn't sign up for the sweepstakes ! My birthday is 12-3-1950. I'm 55. Does this mean the Sweepstakes discriminate against the older fans ???

I hope not. I'm almost 50 and if they want "the demographic" that their looking for, then I'm not even going to give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor401306
                          I think they wanted you to write it with slashes and not dashes. So 12/03/1950.

I signed up as well, I'm 23 and from NJ so they really don't need to put out any extra cash flying me in. If I win (which would likely never happen) I'll take what ever questions anyone has and bring them with me. Though I'd be wearing a "Jonas Quinn Rocks" shirt or something like that. so I doubt anyone will call on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            I can't name a ep in season 9 that is worth watching over again much less spending money for. Besides my money is the only way to really voice my opinion.
                            It would be really interesting to see exactly how much they do in sales for S9. I know I won't be buying any further seasons. If I want to rewatch any Jack episode from S10 (because S9 was crappy the way the writers portrayed RDA), I'll just go through NetFlix. The Stargate DVD's are the #2 selling DVDs for MGM behind the Bond series.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                              It would be really interesting to see exactly how much they do in sales for S9. I know I won't be buying any further seasons. If I want to rewatch any Jack episode from S10 (because S9 was crappy the way the writers portrayed RDA), I'll just go through NetFlix. The Stargate DVD's are the #2 selling DVDs for MGM behind the Bond series.
                              I just hope they see the numbers of sales plumeting(sp?) with S9 and realize what they did, but by then SG1 will probably cancelled so what will it matter by then
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                I just hope they see the numbers of sales plumeting(sp?) with S9 and realize what they did, but by then SG1 will probably cancelled so what will it matter by then
                                But maybe if the Season Nine DVD sales are abysmal TPTB will learn from their Season Nine mistakes and not do to Atlantis what they did to SG-1.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Working...
                                X