Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
    And Vala...
    Lol. Can you imagine if they mixed Ba'al and Vala... Ba'al wearing Vala's outfits. (is it wrong that i wouldn't mind seeing that???)

Originally posted by suse View Post
    I rather liked Teal'c doing it.

suse
    I think anyone slapping Ba'al was a plus.

SGU spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Even tho it is common knowledge RDA will be in SGU I saw some people complain that it isn't spoilered. Better safe than sorry!

I've decided that I might give SGU a go... and yes it has everything to do with RDA making a few appearances. My big concern is that they'll use him the way he was used in S9&10, meaning: STAND THERE AND GET US OUR RATINGS!

Jack never seemed the same in the later series.
    Last edited by Allie_Kreek; 07 April 2009, 01:07 PM. Reason: Because...
    "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should... With all its sham,drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Baltimore, 1692

Comment

Originally posted by Allie_Kreek View Post
      Lol. Can you imagine if they mixed Ba'al and Vala... Ba'al wearing Vala's outfits. (is it wrong that i wouldn't mind seeing that???)

I think anyone slapping Ba'al was a plus.
      With all the leather Baal wears it's not that far off.

I meant Teal'c punching Mitchell. It was at least twice. And at least once he expressed satisfaction.

suse
      sigpic
      Mourning Sanctuary.
      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

With all the leather Baal wears it's not that far off.

I meant Teal'c punching Mitchell. It was at least twice. And at least once he expressed satisfaction.

suse
        oh my word how did i miss that... if only Teal'c had slapped Landry a few times
        "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should... With all its sham,drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Baltimore, 1692

Comment

Originally posted by Allie_Kreek View Post
          oh my word how did i miss that... if only Teal'c had slapped Landry a few times
          He came sort of close to it in "Talion"!
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
            He came sort of close to it in "Talion"!
            I'm starting to love Teal'c more and more and more!

Comment

suse

On the other hand, I always objected to Daniel's manhandling of Vala. I would have preferred to see a serious discussion to get her under control, so to speak. Maybe even with Sam.
              One thing I liked about Trio in Atlantis was Sam's ability to stop Rodney in mid-ramble with a simple "Rodney." If we actually saw Sam & Vala have a serious discussion about why she acted the way she did (perhaps a defense mechanism) and how she didn't need to do that anymore--then Sam could stop her when she got that way by a mere look or a "Vala." AT's very good at the significant look.
              Of course then we wouldn't have had the "fun" of Daniel/Vala.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

Fun like a staff blast to the face.
                Originally posted by Callista
                Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                Originally posted by HPMom
                She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I was glad that Teal'c got his own episode (finally), but I had problems with the amount of violence in Talion. It just seemed too OTT, and not something I would want kids to watch.

Then again, we had the OTT antics of Daniel and Vala...I wonder why TPTB thought after all these years of not being able to wright 'ship', they thought they could do it with D/V
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                    Fun like a staff blast to the face.
                    Or fun like a Goa'ould burrowing into the back of your neck.
                    sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

On the other hand, I always objected to Daniel's manhandling of Vala. I would have preferred to see a serious discussion to get her under control, so to speak. Maybe even with Sam.
                      One thing I liked about Trio in Atlantis was Sam's ability to stop Rodney in mid-ramble with a simple "Rodney." If we actually saw Sam & Vala have a serious discussion about why she acted the way she did (perhaps a defense mechanism) and how she didn't need to do that anymore--then Sam could stop her when she got that way by a mere look or a "Vala." AT's very good at the significant look.
                      And that's so out of character for Daniel. There's also a scene when Daniel had Merlin's knowledge downloaded into his brain, Vala was worried and told Cam to tell Daniel he didn't have to do it. Cam manhandles Vala in that scene. The whole thing is ridiculous.
                      sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                        Then again, we had the OTT antics of Daniel and Vala...I wonder why TPTB thought after all these years of not being able to wright 'ship', they thought they could do it with D/V
                        maybe they thought we'd be so bowled over by the sparkly chemistry we'd forget that adults who love and respect each other don't act the way Daniel/Vala do towards eachother. i sometimes wonder if the people who write this show have ever met a woman, let alone a smart, strong, confident woman in love.

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                        Or fun like a Goa'ould burrowing into the back of your neck.
                        That would be worse.. You'd have to watch the Daniel/Vala but you wouldn't have any control over your body so you wouldn't be able to change the channel...
                        Originally posted by Callista
                        Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                        Originally posted by HPMom
                        She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                          That would be worse.. You'd have to watch the Daniel/Vala but you wouldn't have any control over your body so you wouldn't be able to change the channel...

hmm, looks like I don't contribute much to this thread apart from laughing...
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            I was glad that Teal'c got his own episode (finally), but I had problems with the amount of violence in Talion. It just seemed too OTT, and not something I would want kids to watch.

I never got the Daniel/Vala ship. Then in Unending it was like:

By the way, I love you.
                            Oh snap!

I just remember thinking, "Where on Earth did that come from?" Maybe I missed the crucial ship episodes but I really didn't get it!

Plus I have to agree Daniel was very OoC with his manhandling of Vala. If anything Vala, was OoC letting them push her around like that. But there was one of the major problems of S9&10, the older characters (Daniel, Sam and Teal'c) were acting too OoC too often... then came the messing with history to appease a story idea... then dislike... anger... hair-pulling.... drooling and shaking... ... ... ... ...

Comment

I guess the crucial ship episode was Prometheus Unbound back in (I think it was) S8, and of course her abduction to the Ori Galaxy when she was trying to save SG-1.

Anyway, the entire ship doesn't make much sense to me either. To me it appeared that in the final ep of S10 Daniel merely went with Vala in that 80 years thingy because he wanted to have someone to lie in bed with at night.

Then again, the regression of Vala didn't make much sense either: From a competent person when she was away from Daniel into a fangirl like being when she was around him.
                              Signed,

Gregorius
                              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Well, I don't have anything against D/V ship. Personally I don't see it, heck, I don't even see this supposed great chemistry between them, but as a S/J shipper I can understand other shippers and even be happy for them So in Unending I thought: "Okay, this is odd", but it didn't bother me really, and knowing that it made happy a lot of other fans I just shrugged and moved on.

As for Vala herself..I like Vala, but there's one condition: I like her either serious (some episodes in season 10) or self-centred, egoistical and competent (season 9). I absolutely hate "girlie comic relief" from most of season 10. And I hate even more that she got a place on the team. IMO Vala could have been a great recurring character, an uneasy ally/villain with her own agenda, sort of like Maybourne That would have been interesting to see
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X