Originally Posted by suse
    Seems the new show was cancelled.

Let's hope the classic show continues.

suse
    Originally posted by Mac Jackson View Post
    Perfectly said

Seconded. Beautiful.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
      I would have loved to see a bit more focus on the Jaffa Nation, specifically, how Teal'c felt about his dream faltering so badly. I think the freedom of the Jaffa was his primary cause for being on SG-1, so seeing it struggle while staying on SG-1 because of the Ori must have been very difficult for him. I wish we could have seen some of that personal conflict for him.
      TPTB claimed they had wrapped up all the storylines, but IMHO there really were some potentially good stories left to tell--the Jaffa nation situation and Teal'c being one of them. Maybe if CJ had gotten to write we weould have seen more than TEal'cTorture in S9 &10. Got to wonder if CJ improved the line "I grow tired of this torture, Colonel Mitchell" in the one where Cam goes undercover with the Lucien Alliance (I have trouble remembering those ep titles).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        TPTB claimed they had wrapped up all the storylines, but IMHO there really were some potentially good stories left to tell--the Jaffa nation situation and Teal'c being one of them. Maybe if CJ had gotten to write we weould have seen more than TEal'cTorture in S9 &10. Got to wonder if CJ improved the line "I grow tired of this torture, Colonel Mitchell" in the one where Cam goes undercover with the Lucien Alliance (I have trouble remembering those ep titles).
        Heh, I think that was Company of Thieves. *is a little worried to currently have better recall for Stargate episodes than her class notes *

I think it would have been interesting to see what kind of episode CJ could have written about the Jaffa Nation, especially after they lost Dakara.

I also kinda wish we'd seen more of the Earth's other allies in season 9 and 10, like the Tok'ra and Asgard. I saw a re-run of Pegasus Project a few days ago, and while it's one of my favorites from season 10, it kinda bugged me when Daniel said they were alone at the end because the Ancients refused to help. I couldn't help thinking, 'but you still have the Jaffa, Asgard, and Tok'ra, among the other allies made over the years.' True they're not as strong as they once were, but they were still Earth's allies.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
          Heh, I think that was Company of Thieves. *is a little worried to currently have better recall for Stargate episodes than her class notes *

I think it would have been interesting to see what kind of episode CJ could have written about the Jaffa Nation, especially after they lost Dakara.

I also kinda wish we'd seen more of the Earth's other allies in season 9 and 10, like the Tok'ra and Asgard. I saw a re-run of Pegasus Project a few days ago, and while it's one of my favorites from season 10, it kinda bugged me when Daniel said they were alone at the end because the Ancients refused to help. I couldn't help thinking, 'but you still have the Jaffa, Asgard, and Tok'ra, among the other allies made over the years.' True they're not as strong as they once were, but they were still Earth's allies.
          I think they didn't want to reference S1-S8 too awfully much. As the show was now Stargate Command, complete with new Lead MALE boy stuff!Action Hero. They wouldn't want to confuse the new viewers...

suse
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Cam would've been more interesting had he been a Tok'Ra operative or that his behavior was the result of the Asgard experimenting on him (The voices in his head being parts of Loki's personality).
            Signed,

Gregorius
            Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
            Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
              Cam would've been more interesting had he been a Tok'Ra operative or that his behavior was the result of the Asgard experimenting on him (The voices in his head being parts of Loki's personality).

Creighton Mitchell had had voices in his head? (Besides his grandma telling him stuff to say?)

Cam would have been more interesting pretty much anywhere other than where he was placed.

Oh well.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

It just occurred to me that Jack O'Neill

Spoiler:
                Will be in SGU more than he was in SG-1

in season 10. Maybe even season 9 & 10 put together.
                Now that's sad.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  It just occurred to me that Jack O'Neill

Spoiler:
                  Will be in SGU more than he was in SG-1

in season 10. Maybe even season 9 & 10 put together.
                  Now that's sad.
                  Well Coop banished him to Atlantis! Out of the 5 scheduled appearances in season 10 RDA only did 2

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    Well Coop banished him to Atlantis! Out of the 5 scheduled appearances in season 10 RDA only did 2
                    In the grand scheme of the Stargate universe, the last two seasons of SG-1 are starting to look even more disastrous than they already were.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                      In the grand scheme of the Stargate universe, the last two seasons of SG-1 are starting to look even more disastrous than they already were.
                      IMHO they were made only for the record and they managed to undo much of the greatness of the previous 8 seasons and canon (inexperience commander leading the main team, villains/shady characters joining SG-1). Heck if there would have been a season 11 I half expect we would have seen Baa'l join SG-1
                      /sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        IMHO they were made only for the record and they managed to undo much of the greatness of the previous 8 seasons and canon (inexperience commander leading the main team, villains/shady characters joining SG-1). Heck if there would have been a season 11 I half expect we would have seen Baa'l join SG-1
                        /sarcasm
                        The scary thing is, I can actually see the writers thinking: "Hey, what an excellent idea! Let's add Ba'al to the team! It will create so much tension and he's so hot that nobody will notice he doesn't exactly fit!"
                        There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                        sigpic
                        awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Originally posted by col aga View Post
                          The scary thing is, I can actually see the writers thinking: "Hey, what an excellent idea! Let's add Ba'al to the team! It will create so much tension and he's so hot that nobody will notice he doesn't exactly fit!"
                          Scarily true indeed. runs away screaming

The defanging of Ba'al was one of the more horrendous moves.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            Scarily true indeed. runs away screaming

The defanging of Ba'al was one of the more horrendous moves.
                            One of the best bits of Seasons 9 and 10 was when Carter clocked Ba'al one! ...if only she'd been kind enough to do the same to Mitchell in every episode!
                            "You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees & the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should... With all its sham,drudgery & broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world." - Baltimore, 1692

Comment

Originally posted by Allie_Kreek View Post
                              One of the best bits of Seasons 9 and 10 was when Carter clocked Ba'al one! ...if only she'd been kind enough to do the same to Mitchell in every episode!
                              And Vala...
                              sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

Originally posted by Allie_Kreek View Post
                                I rather liked Teal'c doing it.

suse
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Working...
                                X