S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
    He may have run some things day to day, but it wasn't until later that he had the power to forcefeed us his lame*** "vision" of the Bori.

Oh, indeed. I still enjoy S1-8. And I generally like the commentaries but RCC's self congratulatory monologues are bad for my health.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      He may have run some things day to day, but it wasn't until later that he had the power to forcefeed us his lame*** "vision" of the Bori.

Oh, indeed. I still enjoy S1-8. And I generally like the commentaries but RCC's self congratulatory monologues are bad for my health.
      Well be fair now, if he doesn't congratulate himself, who will
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
        Oh, don't get me started on Vala, either. They completely lost any pretensions to being a crack military team when she joined. I kept thinking to myself that Jack would have kept her off the team come hell or high water.

It's not coincidence he was as far as he could get from her in Continuum. I've heard people say they really would liked to have seen them interact more and i just have to laugh. There's a reason why that never happened, and never will.
        Oh, but it can happen and will happen if the writers (ie showrunner) decides to put it in because the writers decide what canon is regardless of what has previously happened in the show. [/sarcasm]
        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          Well be fair now, if he doesn't congratulate himself, who will
          And it's Mandy for the win!
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
            And it's Mandy for the win!
            I think you have been hanging around me a bit too much.

We'd better enjoy this place to vent while we can. Have you seen the new vision statement? Looks like this place is the first to go.

Yeah, there were times we went a bit far, but there are manymanymany posts that were quite constructive. they just weren't what TPTB wanted to hear.

suse
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
              I think you have been hanging around me a bit too much.

We'd better enjoy this place to vent while we can. Have you seen the new vision statement? Looks like this place is the first to go.

Yeah, there were times we went a bit far, but there are manymanymany posts that were quite constructive. they just weren't what TPTB wanted to hear.

suse

Our negativity is based on the fact we love Stargate. Isn't this forum a place where people who love the show come to discuss it, to share our joy and disappointments. Where's the fun in only sharing positive thoughts, it certainly wont lead to more discussion.

If it has become too negative then isn't that a result of fan disappointment. We certainly don't set out to sabotage one of our favourite show (we don't need to)

From what I've read of this thread, most people point out the negatives and discuss how the s10 could have been improved or different directions that could have been taken. Hopefully we will be allowed to continue to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
                Our negativity is based on the fact we love Stargate. Isn't this forum a place where people who love the show come to discuss it, to share our joy and disappointments. Where's the fun in only sharing positive thoughts, it certainly wont lead to more discussion.

If it has become too negative then isn't that a result of fan disappointment. We certainly don't set out to sabotage one of our favourite show (we don't need to)

From what I've read of this thread, most people point out the negatives and discuss how the s10 could have been improved or different directions that could have been taken. Hopefully we will be allowed to continue to do that.
                I bet this will be one of the first threads to get axed, we do have anti in our title
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I bet this will be one of the first threads to get axed, we do have anti in our title
                  But if we didn't have this thread and other's like it then what? You'd have general discussion threads? Wouldn't that lead to more negative outcomes then positive? I feel it would discourage people from posting.

Oh well. Better get in some Anti just in case.

Insiders: Landry and Mitchell discuss their concerns over Vala being a liability because Daniel isn't there - then let her go off with a team to help hunt/distract the Ba'al clones in her lovely Airforce issue tight pants. But don't worry she's only got a Zat.

The fact that they mention she only listens to Daniel (though I've never seen any evidence of this) but don't mind letting her go anyway just really irked me.

Comment

Oh, it said that in the vision statement. Us first, then the Atlantis ones after the show ends.

Doesn't matter. I've been posting way less over the last several months and expect to be posting here even less from now on, Not because I can't be constructive, I can and have been, but because one you say it once and move on, what else is there to say?

Anywho, did you all see that amazon is selling the SG-1 box set for $99.99? Still not worth it as I own the seasons I want to own, though I'd kinda like to see the extras.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post

That's my philosophy as well. To me "anti-ness" has come from the disappointment. I think it has been a great show (or I wouldn't come here to talk about it in the first place) but I believe there are valid criticisms to be made. Keeping some of the discussion in separate threads, I think, leads to less hostility among members. You get less of the "how can you say that?! X totally rocks!" and "No, X is total trash, you clod!" kind of posts.

I think this thread has been one of the more reasoned ones. I've checked others where they talk about ways to kill characters they don't like and that kind I could see getting rid of. I know it's all supposed to be in fun, but still...

Comment

I'm only concerned that with the Anti threads gone in the coming months, the anti sentiment will spill over into the generally un-anti threads, where as right now, the anti sentiments are contained (for the most part) in their own threads.

Really, I don't want to have to defend my ship choices (or listen to others bash them) because those people have no where else to vent.

Hmm, maybe I'll go over and post this in Darren's thread about the subject.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          I'm only concerned that with the Anti threads gone in the coming months, the anti sentiment will spill over into the generally un-anti threads, where as right now, the anti sentiments are contained (for the most part) in their own threads.

Really, I don't want to have to defend my ship choices (or listen to others bash them) because those people have no where else to vent.

Hmm, maybe I'll go over and post this in Darren's thread about the subject.
                          I don't think you have to worry about the ship threads, I'm sure the S/J one will be fine.

And if you want to see how well we got along before 'this' anti thread, just take a look at the Cam and Vala discussion thread, in the s10 folder. (Which by the way was initially called, 'Did Vala and Cam kill Stargate')
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I don't think you have to worry about the ship threads, I'm sure the S/J one will be fine.

And if you want to see how well we got along before 'this' anti thread, just take a look at the Cam and Vala discussion thread, in the s10 folder. (Which by the way was initially called, 'Did Vala and Cam kill Stargate')
                            I'm not worried about the ship threads going away. I'm worried about them being innundated with nasty comments (unlike now) because the anti's no longer have a thread.

Oh, I don't think I want to get into a 'did Vala and Cam kill Stargate debate'. I can imagine that turned nasty!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              I'm not worried about the ship threads going away. I'm worried about them being innundated with nasty comments (unlike now) because the anti's no longer have a thread.

Oh, I don't think I want to get into a 'did Vala and Cam kill Stargate debate'. I can imagine that turned nasty!
                              They have discussed that, and from what I read, I don't think they will allow 'anti-s/j' to post in the thread...I'm pretty sure
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Yeah the ship threads have to stay. I mean where else can we discuss the love story that is Sam/Thor? Only some of us get that one. I always laughed when someone wandered in and thought it was a deeply serious thread. Lots of fun people there, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X