No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sci-fi pressured them into killing someone off.....never knew that. I think it was the right decision, killing Janet, and I'm glad they did it (waits for the uproar). It added a very realistic feel to the show and their situation, Hereos was an outstanding episode, and it was about time for a character that we cared about and had that much of an emotional investment in, to die. Should sci-fi be pressuring the producers over the content of the episodes/progression of the storyline that much? No. But on this one, they didn't drop the ball, they did the right thing both financially and artistically. Perhaps that's why I wasn't as fond of Ripple Effect, I thought Janet's story was done, and she didn't need to come back. That return hindered her story, not to mention ended up being just a tool for spreading a buch of silly ship nonsense about Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
      So sci-fi pressured them into killing someone off.....never knew that. I think it was the right decision, killing Janet, and I'm glad they did it (waits for the uproar). It added a very realistic feel to the show and their situation, Hereos was an outstanding episode, and it was about time for a character that we cared about and had that much of an emotional investment in, to die. Should sci-fi be pressuring the producers over the content of the episodes/progression of the storyline that much? No. But on this one, they didn't drop the ball, they did the right thing both financially and artistically. Perhaps that's why I wasn't as fond of Ripple Effect, I thought Janet's story was done, and she didn't need to come back. That return hindered her story, not to mention ended up being just a tool for spreading a buch of silly ship nonsense about Sam.
      Agree. This was unnecessary.
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I just didn't want Teryl Rothery to leave the show because she's so damn gorgeous.

Comment

I think it was the right decision, killing Janet, and I'm glad they did it (waits for the uproar). It added a very realistic feel to the show and their situation, Hereos was an outstanding episode, and it was about time for a character that we cared about and had that much of an emotional investment in, to die.
          I agree. This is one of the reasons Heroes is my equal favourite ep. It is so real, and it reinforces the relationships and bonds with those at the SGC.
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
            I agree. This is one of the reasons Heroes is my equal favourite ep. It is so real, and it reinforces the relationships and bonds with those at the SGC.
            "Heroes, Parts 1 and 2" were very well done episodes. Definitely among my SG-1 favorites.

As for Doc Lam, I sure hope we see her sooner than episode 17. I'm personally hoping for sometime soon after the break.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              "Heroes, Parts 1 and 2" were very well done episodes. Definitely among my SG-1 favorites.

As for Doc Lam, I sure hope we see her sooner than episode 17. I'm personally hoping for sometime soon after the break.
              I'm afraid not, I've read that the first episode Lexa is in is Tallion. But Dr Lam will be mentioned by the others definitely in the episodes just after the break.

Comment

Ah, thats a shame. In any case, Company of Thieves is on tonight and I am very excited for it.

Can't wait to see...

Spoiler:
                Teal'c finally get his revenge for being tortured so much
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I liked Ripple Effect because the Janet/Martouf bits didn't really mean much to me(I didn't really know who they were when I first saw it and to me it's such a minor part of the episode) and I like parallel universes--still want to know what the green one is
                  Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                  Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                  -Audioslave

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
                    Anyone else think that the Six Month break might be just what the show needs? A chance for people to catch up and come back for the mid-season premieres? As evidenced last year, more people come back for the last half of a season it seems.
                    Well, if heavy competition is a factor in the ratings decline, the competition is weaker in March. February, in particular, is tough because it's a sweeps month and all the networks tend to put their best programming on. Then, they often put on reruns in March and April. Look at Stargate's ratings last February and that's where they really started to decline.

Running new shows through February is a recent SciFi Channel thing. Once upon a time, they avoided it.

I don't think waiting to March is bad.

Comment

Yeah, "Ripple Effect" was an interesting "me
                      talking to me" kind of episode.

This season appears to be darker than season 9,
                      mostly due to:

Spoiler:
                      - The fall of Chu'lak. "Flesh and Blood"
                      - Dark, spooky settings "Morpheus"
                      - The fact that the ancients aren't going to help us
                      "The Pegasus Project"
                      - A terrifying creature that brutally kills people "Uninvited".
                      - The destruction of Dakarra "Counter Strike"
                      - The introduction of a new Goa'uld "Memento Mori".

Anyone care to add to this list?

I hope that SG-1 finds a way to fight back against the Ori soon,
                      because I've always wanted to get back at the Ori ever since
                      "Camelot".

Anyone here looking forward to tonight's "Company of Thieves"?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06
                        Yeah, "Ripple Effect" was an interesting "me
                        talking to me" kind of episode.

This season appears to be darker than season 9,
                        mostly due to:

Spoiler:
                        - The fall of Chu'lak. "Flesh and Blood"
                        - Dark, spooky settings "Morpheus"
                        - The fact that the ancients aren't going to help us
                        "The Pegasus Project"
                        - A terrifying creature that brutally kills people "Uninvited".
                        - The destruction of Dakarra "Counter Strike"
                        - The introduction of a new Goa'uld "Memento Mori".

Anyone care to add to this list?

I hope that SG-1 finds a way to fight back against the Ori soon,
                        because I've always wanted to get back at the Ori ever since
                        "Camelot".

Anyone here looking forward to tonight's "Company of Thieves"?

Me!

Comment

Has anyone else visted the RDanderson site and read he said he is willing to appear in quite a few season 11 episodes, that was before we heard that there wouldn't an 11th season. And the save SG-1 site is putting a few ads in Variety hoping to bring in more interest. The Conan O'Brien show had to bring interest also.

Comment

"Company of Thieves" tonight! I'm both excited and sad. The excited bit since it happens to be a new episode and the sad bit because it brings us another step closer to that hiatus.

Comment

SO very true at least season 9 comes out on DVD October 3rd well at least in the states. I'll take anything to tide me over when we have to wait 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by camarogod69
                                SO very true at least season 9 comes out on DVD October 3rd well at least in the states. I'll take anything to tide me over when we have to wait 6 months.
                                Indeed. I'm looking forward to all the audio commentaries and special features. I also have some of season 10 taped but these items can only last so long and it's not quite the same as a new episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X