S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan
    The thing is, that Descent expected LOWER ratings for Memento Mori, because he(she?) didn't enjoy it.
    He enjoying it had nothing to do with my expectations. Even really good episodes get crap ratings sometimes. It just didn't seem like a lot of people on here tuned in so I was expecting the worst.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent
      I'm in the grey area these days.

Mostly Pro but I still have my problems with the show, is that so wrong?
      The Antis won't help you to solve them positively. That's for sure.
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

The Antis won't help you to solve them positively. That's for sure.
        Come, now, lets not be negative towards the negative-ers.....

Nothing wrong with sitting on the fence and having an open mind- both ways.

Happy #4000 to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
          Come, now, lets not be negative towards the negative-ers.....

Nothing wrong with sitting on the fence and having an open mind- both ways.

Happy #4000 to me!
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Happy #4000 to me!
            Holy cow, congrats on spending a lot of time here Trek_Girl.
            sigpic

Comment

Holy cow, congrats on spending a lot of time here Trek_Girl.
              Ouch.....now putting it like that.....

*Glances to table* Textbook? What's a textbook? j/k

Comment

Ouch.....now putting it like that.....

*Glances to table* Textbook? What's a textbook? j/k

Well I mean it in the nicest way possible, you know that.
                sigpic

Comment

BTW... what camp are you exactly in? 'cause I'm seeing you more and more in the ANTI thread..... sitting on the fence is not good, you know...
                  Harassing people for their opinions isn't good either, you know.

Although I avoid the Anti thread as a rule.
                  Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                  Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                  -Audioslave

Comment

Anyone else think that the Six Month break might be just what the show needs? A chance for people to catch up and come back for the mid-season premieres? As evidenced last year, more people come back for the last half of a season it seems.

Originally posted by full.infinity
                    Well, it is hard to have creative discussion in there. Specially when almost every other thing said in there gets turned around into some childish joke.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      Wow, that vignette for "Company of Thieves" has this SG-1 fan very excited. I can't freaking wait for Friday to hurry up and get here already. I think it'll end up being one of the best eps so far this season.
                      Yeah me too I want Friday now dammit! Man Company and Quest look great. DAMN 6 MONTH HIATUS! Oh well thats wha DVDs and VCR tapes are for.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                        whatever do you mean?
                        I have no clue either. * Jumps back to avoid lightning strike*

Comment

Anyone else think that the Six Month break might be just what the show needs? A chance for people to catch up and come back for the mid-season premieres? As evidenced last year, more people come back for the last half of a season it seems.

Well, it is hard to have creative discussion in there. Specially when almost every other thing said in there gets turned around into some childish joke.
                          I have to agree- there doesn't really seem to be any place on the forums at the minute where everyone can discuss the show and be open to other interpretations and thoughts that don't match their own, both positive and negative (no idea what the actual ep specific threads are like).....

I don't think the six month break will hurt SG-1ow, but I don't think it will help it either. On the other hand, I think it will help Atlantis- if they run the second half and season four with only a couple weeks between, I don't think that could do anything but improve next summer's ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity
                            Harassing people for their opinions isn't good either, you know.

So do I. Very hard to talk nicely in there.

Comment

I have to agree- there doesn't really seem to be any place on the forums at the minute where everyone can discuss the show and be open to other interpretations and thoughts that don't match their own, both positive and negative (no idea what the actual ep specific threads are like).....

I don't think the six month break will hurt SG-1ow, but I don't think it will help it either. On the other hand, I think it will help Atlantis- if they run the second half and season four with only a couple weeks between, I don't think that could do anything but improve next summer's ratings.
                              Unfortunitly you are right as SG-1 is not getting uncancelled bu I don't think it will hurt the chance for a miniseries. The break will likley help the ratings not hurt and pretty much 30 episodes in a row(counting the last 10 of Sg-1) will be great.

Comment

Seperating the franchise from BSG was a big mistake. Not to mention the fact that it ruined my perfect Friday nights. Again I say "CURSE YOU SCI-FI!!"

I hope Sci-Fi puts Atlantis back with it next season (if possible? ) as it was meant to be.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X