Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annubis' hitman
    Them Anti's make me sick.

I cant believe they use to call themselves gate fans.
    I know that some anti's will come in here and complain about how mean we are, but this is exactly how I feel about many of them. It's not even a matter of being anti-, it's a matter of the poisonous hatred they attack the show with. Not all of them, yes, but I've seen too many that take things to far - the latest page had some guy saying that he's smug and happy that the show is doing badly because its supposed to 'teach' the producers and actors a lesson or something.

Pro- or anti- there is a point where you take it past a certain line, and the anti's do it a heck of a lot more then the pro's.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
      Let's enjoy stargate. Ratings did increase from 1.4 to 1.6, if tehy keep the momentum in 2 weeks will have our usual renewing ratings .
      http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...ftoslows.shtml

My oppinion is that ratings will increase and both Stargates will get renewed for an eleventh and a fourth season.
      As for the Antis don't be so harsh on them they are still fans of Stargate (this my oppinion as one of the Pros). I know it's said to see that there are people that are not enjoying Stargate (anymore), let them time to accomodate with the changes. They'll come arround in season 14 and by then what now is change then will be stability.
      I've been on the Anti thread as well and some of their posts where valid and I agree with them, hell, I even found some inconsistencies in season 9 and season 10 and things that bugged me.
      BTW If you watch T3 you'll find out the future is inevitable.

Welcome to the GateWorld forum, Annubis' hitman!
      I just had a thought...is it possible people didn't realize it had changed airing time? As I recall, it used to air 8pm, then 9 for SGA then 10 for BSG...

I don't know. Just a thought. I know I was a little surprised to realize it was at 9pm

As for the antis...well, as you all note, everyone has a right to his/her opinion. Yep, there are cast changes: Browder for RDA, Bridges for Don Davis (or RDA, I guess) and adding Black. But it's not like TPTB fired Mr. Anderson--leaving was his choice and the suits hired someone they could work with, who could work with them, who had name recognition among genre fans and who himself was familiar with the genre.

I don't think anything will be right for those folks until the show is reset to the days when RDA was in every episode and got all the best lines.

I guess what bothers me most is when they're so critical of the actors--not the performances but the actors themselves. Fortunately, most of the folks there are pretty fair and at least try to stick to the writing or even the performance. I remember pre-s9 there was a real hatchet job going on against Amanda Tapping, of all people.

Such is life.

Comment

I usually just ignore most of the antis. They are totally entitled to their opinions, and I respect those opinions, even if some of them are totally unjustified. Some do point out valid criticisms, but others, man, seem to just pull stuff out of the air.

I just like to stay, for the most part, on the Pro side of town if you catch my meaning.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Right I guess it's ok when Pro Fans come into the Anti thread and take shots at Anti's.That is the only reason I posted on this thread because a Pro Fan made a comment regarding one of my posts.Fine I'll go back to the Anti thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
            How about we just report an off topic post and move on? It's not worth responding to and starting a flame war over even if it's just to tell them to get out. If an anti posts here, we shouldn't reply, just as they shouldn't have to if a pro posts in their thread. We should all be happy friends in our respective corners of the playground as it seems to have come to that.

Am I the only who's noticing the tempers flairing around here more then usual?
            Yeah, I think the recent news are the reason for all of this. 3 - 4 more episodes and it should return to "normalcy"
            I was re-thinking this potential, still not officially confirmed by SciFi, 6-months long hiatus. It's actually nothing that unusual. It was happening before with another shows at SciFi. And it's definitely a good test of loyalty for the fandom. We'll see...
            T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I've deleted a number of posts, except for one I want to reply to (and which I've left anonymous in case the poster wants to do the grown-up thing and self-delete)
              Right I guess it's ok when Pro Fans come into the Anti thread and take shots at Anti's.
              I reckon you must have missed all the posts from me, from Sky, from Tame and from other mods telliing people not to troll the anti thread. I can't think of any other reason why you would think it 'okay'. It certainly isn't okay for anyone to troll this thread simply cos one of the threads they visit has been trolled.

Subject over, I hope.

Madeleine

Comment

Just seen the confirmed ratings. shame about the 1.4 and 1.5 for SG-1 and Atlantis, but atleast they have already began to climb. 1.6 and 1.6 this week, hopefully we will see 1.8s/1.9s for the next episodes, and then hopefully some 2.0s+ as we get further in to the season. I would like to see what Eureka gets for it's second episode.

Comment

200 will get lucky.
                  School is overrated.

Comment

200 will get lucky.
                    I can hardly wait to see this behind the scenes special about 200th episode. It's gonna be a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                      I can hardly wait to see this behind the scenes special about 200th episode. It's gonna be a lot of fun!
                      But only after I see 200.
                      School is overrated.

Comment

But only after I see 200.
                        Chronologically the special about 200 will be aired BEFORE 200th episode

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan
                          Chronologically the special about 200 will be aired BEFORE 200th episode
                          Chronologically speaking I will watch it after
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            I usually just ignore most of the antis. They are totally entitled to their opinions, and I respect those opinions, even if some of them are totally unjustified. Some do point out valid criticisms, but others, man, seem to just pull stuff out of the air.

I just like to stay, for the most part, on the Pro side of town if you catch my meaning.
                            Wow, I agree with what you said 100 percent!
                            Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                            Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                            -Audioslave

Comment

I heard that in the 200 episod,e the dawns for SG series 3 will be set. Let's wait and see!
                              Season 10 rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by mihnea27
                                I heard that in the 200 episod,e the dawns for SG series 3 will be set. Let's wait and see!
                                Season 10 rocks!
                                I kept myself away from spoilers (because Martin Lloyd annoys me very much) related to that episode so I wouldn't know a thing. But who knows maybe I will like a Martin Lloyd episode.

Bine ai venit! colega
                                (Welcome to the Gateworld forum my fellow citizen)
                                School is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X