S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Personally I really liked TRNT because it focussed on Sam. In the 9th and 10th seasons, I feel that Sam and Teal'c were more or less shoved into the background in order to focus on Cam, Vala and Daniel at the expense of the other two, and there just wasn't much "team" in these two seasons. So it was a pleasure to see a story focussed on Sam for a change. Plus, she got to wear pretty civilian clothes for a change. But, yes, it was rather heavy handed in the political "message" of it. I thought it was interesting, though, to see a story about what "might" have happened if the Stargate program went public, and can actually see some of what happened in this episode happening in "our" reality if the program went public.
    I agree to some extent, Sam did get lost in S9-10 in order to focus on the new additions (Daniel's part varies depending on who you're talking to ). I actually didn't even really focus on Sam as a character until "Line In the Sand." THAT was the stand-out Sam episode for me I thought it revealed some interesting insights into her character and her beliefs/hopes in regards to religion/faith/etc, which, going back and watching the previous 8 seasons I didn't get a lot of unfortunately.

I don't think I would have minded the focus on Sam had the episode not been so heavy-handed. There were definitely bits in there that I really liked - the Cam scene was interesting - and I liked seeing Lorne and Rodney pop up The ending was cute too. Sam was good in the episode - I guess I just had higher hopes given that the episode followed two of my favorite episodes of the series ("The Quest 2" and "Line In the Sand") *shrug*

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      I don't think I would have minded the focus on Sam had the episode not been so heavy-handed. There were definitely bits in there that I really liked - the Cam scene was interesting - and I liked seeing Lorne and Rodney pop up The ending was cute too. Sam was good in the episode - I guess I just had higher hopes given that the episode followed two of my favorite episodes of the series ("The Quest 2" and "Line In the Sand") *shrug*

-Stef
      Those two episodes were very hard acts to follow.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree, they were hard acts to follow, but TRNT did give us a break from a few Ori heavy episodes. I know it did feature the Ori, but it wasn't the only part of the story. There were a few things I really liked about TRNT and one of them was the fact that Rodney popped up, unlike alot of people I've always liked the Mckay/Carter banter so it was good to see that again.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
          I agree, they were hard acts to follow, but TRNT did give us a break from a few Ori heavy episodes. I know it did feature the Ori, but it wasn't the only part of the story. There were a few things I really liked about TRNT and one of them was the fact that Rodney popped up, unlike alot of people I've always liked the Mckay/Carter banter so it was good to see that again.
          I like their banter, just not so much them as a couple I enjoyed their dynamic in the episode. I also liked seeing Lorne interacting with the SG-1 cast, especially Sam. I thought those scenes were nice - especially for a character who doesn't always get a lot of non-military related things to do on Atlantis.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello to everyone i finally resolved to take a look in another threads instead of some that i usually go to everyday, although some ppl disagree with the season 10 or even season 9 ... after season eight has ended i confess that i was really pissed because O'Neill wouldn't be a regular character on the next season and i couldn't imagine SG-1 or SCG without him, so i decided to watch the other episodes (yes i'm still a hardcore fan of the 'old school' )... in the begining i didn't liked Mitchel because i though that he was just another cheap copy of O'Neill but after some of the fisrt episodes of season nine i start to accept him... and now it's kinda funny because now i like him and i even LOVE Vala interaction with the boys, she bought an extra fun that were missing in the serie because after all O'Neill was the king and still is the king of Jokes... and i really loved the seasons... well thats it. The End
            sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you decided to pop in and voice your opinion, Rachel-Kree. Did you have any favorite episodes of Season 10?
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Thanks for that green, all you can call me Rachel It's hard to have a favorite episode of season ten but i love 'Family Ties' and 'Line in the Sand' i guess... but i can't stop watching 'The shroud' and 'The Pégasus Project' those are awesome... i learned how to love those seasons now i can't stop it ... even though is very hard to find Stargate dvd's where i live ...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                  Thanks for that green, all you can call me Rachel It's hard to have a favorite episode of season ten but i love 'Family Ties' and 'Line in the Sand' i guess... but i can't stop watching 'The shroud' and 'The Pégasus Project' those are awesome... i learned how to love those seasons now i can't stop it ... even though is very hard to find Stargate dvd's where i live ...
                  Wow, you picked one of my favorites and one of my least favorites I love LITS, I think it was such a great episode for every character (well, not Daniel). Cam and Sam got some great moments, we got to see the resilient and more mature side of Vala with Tomin, and we got to see Teal'c being the bada$$ we all know he is

-Stef

Comment

Rachel, I was similar to you when S9 began...I was never against it and I was still looking forward to it but I never liked Mitchell or Vala. S10 really stepped it up for me and I warmed up to both characters
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                      Rachel, I was similar to you when S9 began...I was never against it and I was still looking forward to it but I never liked Mitchell or Vala. S10 really stepped it up for me and I warmed up to both characters
                      You know, I had the same experience with Cam. I loved Vala from the first time I saw her, but I don't think Cam really won me over until "The Quest, Part 2." I never disliked him but I never really loved him until that episode and his little speech to Vala.

-Stef

Comment

It's kind of funny, but I liked both Vala and Mitchell pretty much from Day One. IMO, they were excellent additions to SG-1 when RDA departed. Both characters really grew well in their two seasons on the show, and the first two SG-1 movies (Vala more so in AOT, Mitchell in both).
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hummm still it's kinda weird sometimes but i learned on how to like S10, although some ppl can find some 'shippy' moments between Cam and Sam but i think they are just good friends cuz i'm a hardcore Sam/Jack shipper so i can't see that coming... BUT i LOVE when Cam cooked a cookie for Sam. (ok, did i wrote it wrong ? sounds really weird that...)... i laugh soo much i LOVE their interaction in this season, plus Vala did everything on the serie looks funny , shes a great Character i can't imagine a new movie without them because now they are a part of it... hopefully in the Third movie IF it happens ... i would love to see them all together in the movie, and i would pay 'anything' just to see General O'Neill and Vala in the same place, that would be GREAT ! and very funny above all

Edit : sorry about my english mistakes ...
                          sigpic

Comment

Hummm still it's kinda weird sometimes but i learned on how to like S10, although some ppl can find some 'shippy' moments between Cam and Sam but i think they are just good friends cuz i'm a hardcore Sam/Jack shipper so i can't see that coming... BUT i LOVE when Cam cooked a cookie for Sam. (ok, did i wrote it wrong ? sounds really weird that...)... i laugh soo much i LOVE their interaction in this season, plus Vala did everything on the serie looks funny , shes a great Character i can't imagine a new movie without them because now they are a part of it... hopefully in the Third movie IF it happens ... i would love to see them all together in the movie, and i would pay 'anything' just to see General O'Neill and Vala in the same place, that would be GREAT ! and very funny above all

I agree, I couldn't see Sam & Cam together...it could be because I'm an S/J shipper but I think it's more because I've always seen their interaction as a brother/sister (sibling) type relationship and I think in my opinion S10 really shows that.

Oh I nearly forgot. Merry Christmas for tomorrow everyone, I hope you all have a safe and happy xmas with family and friends!! I think Australia is ahead of some countries time wise, (it's only 3 hrs to go here) but whenever you have christmas...have a good one!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm one of those people who ships C/S together but that's mostly because I just enjoy their interactions together as friends more than anything They were/are a big highlight of S9-10 for me.

I agree about the movie, I hope that EVERYONE is in it, not just the characters BW likes best

Thanks for the holiday wishings, Amaunet, you too!

-Stef

Comment

Merry Christmas to everyone in here
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X