This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LastMag
    USA Network, the sister channel to Scifi has several top rated series that run for only 12 to 13 episodes long. It wasn't until this current season that The Dead Zone was lenghtened to longer season.
    Ah, being in Canada I don't get the USA Network
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

who knows, but i would be surprised is MS wasn't tied up, the producers are not stupid they will know that losing him will be the end of the show

Comment

I think I'll wait until an official source weighs in, rather than relying on rumor mongers, paranoid inferences and general mass hysteria.

I still highly doubt that Shanks would opt out of Stargate's gravy train, but more power to him if he does. Odds are still highly in favor of him doing S10, though, and it'd be nice if, for once, folks didn't do a lemming until some real, concrete information is known.

Comment

Originally posted by yabyumpan
          I doubt that Sony would have agreed to a S10 without assurences that all the major cast members would be around. This is probably for a hiatus film or a guest role in a big/mainstream show. While SG1 could survive without MS/Daniel for one season and the show can carry on without RDA/Jack, I very much doubt it could survive if neither of them were on the show.
          Production on season 10 probably won't start til mid-January, and yes, you can squeeze a movie in during that time period. The acting doesn't take as long as all the post-production, after all

Comment

I'm going to agree with the majority, I think it just means that he has a meeting for a guest role or a short term role while on hiatus between season 9 and season 10.

Comment

Shanks will be back. I have faith in that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the London Expo website
                Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:15 pm
                Post subject: guest cancellation MICHAEL SHANKS

Michael is now unable to attend the Expo this coming Sunday due to an important meeting he has to take in LA to do with a potential major TV role.
                That's nice for him, and I hope that it works out.

But there's always spin involved. This was written by the Expo people with a (perfectly reasonable) motive of trying to make their ticketholders not feel slighted. For "important" read "more important for his career than a signing in a foreign country" and for "major" read "speaking". The "major" role might be a cameo, a villain-of-the-week, a documentary voice-over which could be recorded in mere hours... any number of things which wouldn't necessarily have any repercussions towards his role as Daniel Jackson.

Madeleine

Comment

Doesn't Stargate have an odd shooting schedule anyways, in that they shoot over summer?

That would leave time to film a guest role on another show, easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin
                    Not sure where to put this, so would a mod please place it properly? Thank you.

This was posted over at the London expo sight earlier today:

Michael is now unable to attend the Expo this coming Sunday due to an important meeting he has to take in LA to do with a potential major TV role.

He sends his sincere apologies and hopes to attend next year.

He will still be attending SG10 and will be doing the store signings the week following SG10.

Sorry

Admin

Does this mean he won't be coming back to STARGATE for Season 10????

Carin
                    Personally I think he will be back on SG1, but I am also very excited he has the opportunity at something else as well! Maybe a guest staring part, a recurring character or even a movie.

Michael is so talented, he will do well anywhere.

I will love it if he stays on SG1, but I will follow his career where ever he goes.

The man is a true talent and a true gentleman.

Comment

Originally posted by Carin
                      Not sure where to put this, so would a mod please place it properly? Thank you.

This was posted over at the London expo sight earlier today:

He sends his sincere apologies and hopes to attend next year.

He will still be attending SG10 and will be doing the store signings the week following SG10.

Sorry

Admin

Does this mean he won't be coming back to STARGATE for Season 10????

Carin
                      lol how can there be a bigger roll than been a character on sg-1? its the best tv show every by far

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

Here's a thought,

Perhaps the major TV role is him signing up for SG?

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                          My laughter will be heard world-round if this turns into a big stink and then it turns out Daniel is going to Atlantis.
                          Well if SG1 was at any risk of not being renewed that's exactly what would happen, I'm sure. Brad Wright told MS last year before season 9 was confirmed - that he would have a job either way because if SG1 was cancelled they were going to "put Daniel on a ship and send him to Atlantis". As things stand now though, with it looking like Vala will be a regular character and Carter a recurring one next season I think they probably very much want to keep Daniel on SG1.

I wish Michael the best of luck, whatever the job he is going for because I really love to see him putting his talents to other roles as well as our beloved Daniel. I think it's probably the wrong time of year for this to be a new series or a full time job on an existing one but it could be a recurring guest role or a mini series or movie that he could do during hiatus and if it is more, well... I don't think he'd leave unless it was something reallybig and I certainly wouldn't complain about that!

Elbereth

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
                            My laughter will be heard world-round if this turns into a big stink and then it turns out Daniel is going to Atlantis.
                            Daniel so needs to get to get to go to Atlantis! I don't know if they'd ever have him be on there permanently, but if he was, it'd become my new favourite show.

Comment

Lordy!

Here was go again with people reading into things. I've heard nothing about Daniel not coming back, and I've heard nothing about Carter being just a reoccurring character. Yes...AT's contract still isn't signed...but in show biz that means nothing. Until we get official word about any characters from TPTB...everything is just rumor.
                              sigpic

Comment

It's the phrasing. People see "major" their thoughts don't go to one time guest starring roles or even tv movies. Thoughts usually run to tv shows and long term roles in them.

And, I'm guessing any hints one way or another will cause speculation until it's confirmed exactly whether he's signing or not.
                                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                                X