Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what I think? I think they're making it seem like A Really Big Deal so it sounds like he has an exceptionally good reason to not be there.

I'm sure his reason is good enough, whatever is, but from the point of view of the Wolf Staff, they're going to have a lot of disappointed fans at the Expo tomorrow, who will want to know where the hell he is and why he didn't come.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

No way! Daniel won't leave. He's like the major character when it comes defeating the Ori.. I'm sure that HE has to find something in the ancient *book?*
      But I swear, if Daniel leaves, then the only reason I'm going to be watching S10 is to catch and episode where Sam and Jack's relationship is revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid
        My laughter will be heard world-round if this turns into a big stink and then it turns out Daniel is going to Atlantis.
        Wouldnt that meeting be in Vancouver? Besides at this point Daniel would just mess up the new chemistry that is forming on that show.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

While I don't care much for Atlantis, I think Michael Shanks has enough sway and is intelligent enough that he wouldn't trade shows if his character were going to screw things up.

As a matter of fact, I find the "Daniel" archetype conspicuously absent from Atlantis, which is strange considering the significance of finding that city. Atlantis has the requisite military tough guy (Shepphard), tough woman (Teyla), diplomatic/administrative woman (Weir), muscleman (Dex), Doctor (Beckett), and science/tech nerd (MacKay). It's strange to me that after the post-Full Circle buildup to the Lost City of the Ancients that there's no archaeologist/Ancient expert in the main cast.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

While I don't care much for Atlantis, I think Michael Shanks has enough sway and is intelligent enough that he wouldn't trade shows if his character were going to screw things up.

As a matter of fact, I find the "Daniel" archetype conspicuously absent from Atlantis, which is strange considering the significance of finding that city. Atlantis has the requisite military tough guy (Shepphard), tough woman (Teyla), diplomatic/administrative woman (Weir), muscleman (Dex), Doctor (Beckett), and science/tech nerd (MacKay). It's strange to me that after the post-Full Circle buildup to the Lost City of the Ancients that there's no archaeologist/Ancient expert in the main cast.
            he missed the ship, remember?

Comment

Its also possible to film an entire tv season in the time between now and when Season 10 is to begin filming. A lot of shows nowadays are heading towards the 13 episode season...that can easily be filmed in 4 months

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                Its also possible to film an entire tv season in the time between now and when Season 10 is to begin filming. A lot of shows nowadays are heading towards the 13 episode season...that can easily be filmed in 4 months
                This is also a good point, though it seems to me that aside from HBO it's really only the BBC that makes seasons that short. Not even the second season of Battlestar is going to be that short.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm hoping it's a role as a semi-regular, or perhaps a guest-starring arc in a TV show-- thjat would be wonderful, and he could still do S10. I'd love to watch him do something other than Daniel, especially if it's something he can really sink his teeth into.

Although if he's not coming back for S10, it will certainly free up my Friday nights again. No Daniel, no Stargate for me.

Dana Jeanne
                  Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Well in my oppinion we will know pretty soon if hes going to be in season 10 fairly soon. they will have to announce it, or youll notice in promos for season 10 that hes absent. i also agree that i dont thing sg1 currently can stand the loss of another major charater, though i think its bound to happen sooner or later because AT just had a baby, and shes probably going to go down the same road as RDA went as fas as spending time with her family. its that simple reason that i dont think sg1 will be on for much longer then possibly season 11 at best. i do think that MS will probably go to atlantis, he was supposed to go to begin with, and hes the formost expert on the ancients, so even after sg1 is over, i beleive that atlantis will continue and hopefully be as strong as sg1 has been all these years. but at the end of the day im in the camp that anyone who was smart would end a show gracefully on good terms then to run it into the ground. i dont think this has happened yet with sg1, but i do beleive that if every season they replace a main charater then it ceases to be sg1 and starts to be a new show. Right now it could still maintain its integrity but if main charaters start to go it will be sad to watch the show and should be ended and a new show started. but i think it will be interesting to see what happenes with MS.

Comment

I just checked MS's site and it doesn't look good
                      I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Which site is that?
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by yabyumpan
                          I doubt that Sony would have agreed to a S10 without assurences that all the major cast members would be around. This is probably for a hiatus film or a guest role in a big/mainstream show. While SG1 could survive without MS/Daniel for one season and the show can carry on without RDA/Jack, I very much doubt it could survive if neither of them were on the show.
                          One would hope Sony was that smart, anyway.

Comment

This is also a good point, though it seems to me that aside from HBO it's really only the BBC that makes seasons that short. Not even the second season of Battlestar is going to be that short.
                            USA Network, the sister channel to Scifi has several top rated series that run for only 12 to 13 episodes long. It wasn't until this current season that The Dead Zone was lenghtened to longer season.
                            This post was written by LastMag

("last mag." is my favorite Jack O'Neill quote from the episode 'Thor's Hammer')

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1
                              I just checked MS's site and it doesn't look good
                              What site are you talking about? What doesn't look good?

Michael Shanks doesn't have any offical site as far as I know so if you saw information on a fan site I wouldn't get worried until he says something offical.
                              This post was written by LastMag

("last mag." is my favorite Jack O'Neill quote from the episode 'Thor's Hammer')

Comment

He's just working on something during the off stargate season. He has to be. He wouldn't quit Stargate now!

Comment

Working...
                                X