No announcement yet.

Emancipation (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better than I remembered, that's for sure.
    sigpic

Comment

Was Carter's change of clothing (from the fancy blue dress to the drab brown bag) supposed to imply that Turghan had not waited to "partake" in his purchase (i.e. her blue dress had been torn off)?

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
        Was Carter's change of clothing (from the fancy blue dress to the drab brown bag) supposed to imply that Turghan had not waited to "partake" in his purchase (i.e. her blue dress had been torn off)?
        That's for the viewer to decide. One might think that he actually did beat her, in which case the dress would have been removed. Or it might be that Turghan thought he'd humiliate her by making her wear less fancy clothing, not realizing that she really, really did not like that blue dress.

Comment

The blue dress of doom with the fancy head dress.

One of Carter's finer moments...
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            That's for the viewer to decide. One might think that he actually did beat her, in which case the dress would have been removed. Or it might be that Turghan thought he'd humiliate her by making her wear less fancy clothing, not realizing that she really, really did not like that blue dress.
            I'm not talking about beating, I'm talking about the "r" word. I think it's likely that he beat her.

Comment

Claire, there is no indication in any episode at any time that Carter was raped (I assume that's the r word you meant, and why didn't you just say so?) in this or any other episode. Certainly, it's possible he tried and her resistance led to the beating.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Equality, in my opinion, is like utopia. It doesn't exist...
                In my opinion equality is like dystopia - it's the differences that count and make life interesting.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                  In my opinion equality is like dystopia - it's the differences that count and make life interesting.
                  You clearly have never felt the sting of inequality...

Comment

I think everyone has felt some kind of inequality
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I think everyone has felt some kind of inequality
                      You'd think so, and I certainly didn't find it making my life more interesting. Interesting is certainly not the word I'd use.

Comment

I would never find it interesting
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

You clearly have never felt the sting of inequality...
                          Oh, I think I have, everybody has. Unless you have accompanied me for the last 50 years how do you know what I have felt??
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                            Oh, I think I have, everybody has. Unless you have accompanied me for the last 50 years how do you know what I have felt??
                            By ways of what you say... We may not see each other but everybody builds a picture on what the person might be like, or look like (although in some cases that could lead to many surprising revelations).

You state that equality is a dystopia, and makes life diverse and interesting. And I interpret that as you have not been in a position of inequality or you wouldn't say it like that. Inequality doesn't make life diverse or interesting, it's far from interesting. Diverse yes, perhaps, but definitely not interesting for those on the not-equal side.

Comment

...lack of equality eats away at hope, happiness and a number of other things when it goes deep... this to me, is not interesting either, it's heartbreaking.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                              "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                              a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

By ways of what you say... We may not see each other but everybody builds a picture on what the person might be like, or look like (although in some cases that could lead to many surprising revelations).

You state that equality is a dystopia, and makes life diverse and interesting. And I interpret that as you have not been in a position of inequality or you wouldn't say it like that. Inequality doesn't make life diverse or interesting, it's far from interesting. Diverse yes, perhaps, but definitely not interesting for those on the not-equal side.
                                I think 'inequality' is missing in your first line of the second paragraph, I don't speak of torture or discrimination, I speak of natural inequality so that we never meet Huxley's visions.
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X