This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A. Melissa changed her avatar and completely threw me off
    B. Melissa being in the no babies camp? *checks her forehead* Our fluffiest member....*gasp* (I was gonna say Melissa I know I wrote a baby (kidish) fic that you reviewed )
    C. All this no baby talk is making it really hard for me....well...you'll see
    D. Jenn said something that gave me the warm fuzzies...about when Sam went back to SG-1 and Jack probably didn't want it and about 'being careful with her', I totally can see him saying that Or thinking that she's his. Not in a male dominate way of course but in a 'I'm finally with her' sort of way...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Lovely, lovely AT4 convention report. Some nice Sam/Jack, Rick/Amanda moments in there.

http://pengyn.livejournal.com/88542.html
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        I read one once where Jack got pregnant. It was weird. I felt... odd after reading it. And slightly disturbed.
        I would bet that we read the same one. And I felt exactly as you did- actually, it was disturbing enough that I didn't finish it. As Hammond said, some lines aren't meant to be crossed- and that's one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
          Lovely, lovely AT4 convention report. Some nice Sam/Jack, Rick/Amanda moments in there.

Wow! I just read it and was coming here to post the link myself. Guess you beat me to it.

Be sure to look for the comments about Sam and Jack being together about 2/3 of the way through the report.

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

A. Melissa changed her avatar and completely threw me off
            B. Melissa being in the no babies camp? *checks her forehead* Our fluffiest member....*gasp* (I was gonna say Melissa I know I wrote a baby (kidish) fic that you reviewed )
            C. All this no baby talk is making it really hard for me....well...you'll see
            D. Jenn said something that gave me the warm fuzzies...about when Sam went back to SG-1 and Jack probably didn't want it and about 'being careful with her', I totally can see him saying that Or thinking that she's his. Not in a male dominate way of course but in a 'I'm finally with her' sort of way...

I've pretty much always been in the no babies camp. I just don't think it makes sense given their ages and the fact that they're still not living together full time. But that's just me. I can also agree that they would want to express their love by having a child together...

It's kinda like I've always been in the camp of them marrying within a few months of Threads. If I had waited that long to be with someone, I wouldn't want to take a chance that a reassignment could come between us again...so...since marriage solves the problem of the nasty regs, it just makes the most sense to me.

Me and common sense...joined at the hip!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
              LOL! I don't want to read one where Jack gets pregnant either!
              Ewwwww!

Actually, I'm more in the no babies camp, given their ages. But I don't mind baby fics...as long as they're not silly or way out of character.
              I like the idea of them having one child - Grace

Here's a fic I liked where Sam is pregnant:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1999024/1/Reap_What_Is_Sown

sigpic
              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                I've pretty much always been in the no babies camp. I just don't think it makes sense given their ages and the fact that they're still not living together full time. But that's just me. I can also agree that they would want to express their love by having a child together...

It's kinda like I've always been in the camp of them marrying within a few months of Threads. If I had waited that long to be with someone, I wouldn't want to take a chance that a reassignment could come between us again...so...since marriage solves the problem of the nasty regs, it just makes the most sense to me.

Me and common sense...joined at the hip!
                Sadly as fluffy angsty as I am...I'm sort of in the no babies camp <------ The reason for my sad face, is that Sam said "What about kids?" in Affinity....so she must have at least been thinking of them....if she would have married at the end of S8 beginning S9, and even if she got pregnant right away that would have taken her to almost the end of S9...and I don't think they would have tried right away...but alas...I get depressed with the whole 'no babies' talk...*considers writing Death!fic because of the sadness of it all*

Edit- Leiasky loved that link, thanks!! I so loved the 'what would Sam bring with her on an island...Jack' part

Comment

Well the problem is that the odds of a woman having a successful pregnancy after 40 is a lot lower - it's not that it doesn't happen, but it's not as common as we think it is. So while it's possible that Sam could easily have a couple kids, if we were going to go by "odds" it's MORE likely that she'd have difficulty. I read an article once that was annoyed at all the stars having babies at 40 and older acting like it was so easy when many go to fertility clinics.

I'm just saying LOL

But in fanfic world you can write it any way you want with any odds you want
                  Or having a surrogate carry the baby for them ...

I read one once where Jack got pregnant. It was weird. I felt... odd after reading it. And slightly disturbed.
                  I read that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Exactly. And it's nice to finally know you're valued for who you are not what you. This is Sam's reaction:

I don't usually go around reccing' my own fics, but my thoughts on this are pretty well summed up in my fic Beachhead, though there are some in Be Careful What you Wish for and Belonging. Sometimes one short fic is worth a thousand words of explanation.

I'd already had the Jack/Sam stuff corroborated by Megyn for my updated Evidence post. However, the stuff about *why* she thinks Sam *would* be with Jack, without sacrificing her 'feminism,' was new from that report, and for reasons obvious to anyone who knows me, has me bouncing up and down. Because I think that's exactly what so many of us here believe about Sam's evolution from the early simple almost knee-jerk feminism of S1 which was actually more a denial of her femininity to fit into a male dominated world, through Grace in which Sam - literally - faces the three aspects of her personality - and to post-Threads in which she has accepted herself as a woman as fully as a scientist and soldier. Yeah. Reading AT's comments on that evolution made me *very* happy...

Comment

Personally, I see them adopting a child from somewhere out there in the galaxy.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                        I'd already had the Jack/Sam stuff corroborated by Megyn for my updated Evidence post. However, the stuff about *why* she thinks Sam *would* be with Jack, without sacrificing her 'feminism,' was new from that report, and for reasons obvious to anyone who knows me, has me bouncing up and down. Because I think that's exactly what so many of us here believe about Sam's evolution from the early simple almost knee-jerk feminism of S1 which was actually more a denial of her femininity to fit into a male dominated world, through Grace in which Sam - literally - faces the three aspects of her personality - and to post-Threads in which she has accepted herself as a woman as fully as a scientist and soldier. Yeah. Reading AT's comments on that evolution made me *very* happy...
                        Amen!!!

Comment

what did rick mean by "you'll pay for it later"? when he was on the phone with amanda?

Comment

Welcome, es!

Welcome ch3rr3!

Welcome, justanotherjen!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              Exactly. And it's nice to finally know you're valued for who you are not what you. This is Sam's reaction:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o156/JenniferJF/th_jacksmilelx6th.jpg

I don't usually go around reccing' my own fics, but my thoughts on this are pretty well summed up in my fic Beachhead, though there are some in Be Careful What you Wish for and Belonging. Sometimes one short fic is worth a thousand words of explanation.

Agree with everything you said

Also, the bolded.... Totally ran off to check the update...it's really nice that even those little hits can be added to it!

Edit- Oh man Jenn! Love how you have that entitled 'Jack's smile'

Comment

Yes, very lovely. *sigh* I love Sam and Jack!

Comment

Working...
                                X