This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VSS View Post
    Oh, I think that it's perfectly compatible with being on this thread. I think they threw in the Cassie comment to preserve the ship because Sam came back on to SG-1. If she went to Nevada with the sole purpose of being able to see Jack, then what would happen when she came back? So they made up a different reason why she went once they figured out they'd written themselves into a bit of a corner.
    I tend to think Jack's leaving for Washington was to get him out of Sam's Chain-of-Command so they could start a relationship. However, I don't think Sam's going to Area 51 caused this. Primarily because, as I believe has been said, that position also fell under the SGC and thus she would still have reported to Jack had he stayed there.

Personally, I tend to think her leaving the SGC and taking a more 'desk' type job was - essentially - for the reason she gave Barrett. I really think, especially given Jack's issues (as I perceive them) with fear of loss, Sam quite possibly decided it was too much to be out on an SG-1 team on the front lines and, given the war was over, took the opportunity for a less risky lifestyle. This also fits with the hesitation I see in her returning, and with Jack's phone call to Landry in which he doesn't want Sam to come back (which I believe was the true message of that call - I'm doing this but I don't want to and be careful with her). So, in other words, Sam decided it was time to give more of herself to her personal life and relationships - not just Cassie, whom she mentioned to Barrett, but Jack as well.

Quite possibly, too, she'd always wanted to spend more time doing pure research, and so she finally felt free at that point, after Jacob's words, to not only feed the woman but the scientist as well.

EDIT: Which is awfully close to what Wendy said as I was writing this.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      I tend to think Jack's leaving for Washington was to get him out of Sam's Chain-of-Command so they could start a relationship. However, I don't think Sam's going to Area 51 caused this. Primarily because, as I believe has been said, that position also fell under the SGC and thus she would still have reported to Jack had he stayed there.

Personally, I tend to think her leaving the SGC and taking a more 'desk' type job was - essentially - for the reason she gave Barrett. I really think, especially given Jack's issues (as I perceive them) with fear of loss, Sam quite possibly decided it was too much to be out on an SG-1 team on the front lines and, given the war was over, took the opportunity for a less risky lifestyle. This also fits with the hesitation I see in her returning, and with Jack's phone call to Landry in which he doesn't want Sam to come back (which I believe was the true message of that call - I'm doing this but I don't want to and be careful with her). So, in other words, Sam decided it was time to give more of herself to her personal life and relationships - not just Cassie, whom she mentioned to Barrett, but Jack as well.

Quite possibly, too, she'd always wanted to spend more time doing pure research, and so she finally felt free at that point, after Jacob's words, to not only feed the woman but the scientist as well.
      Right, I agree with that but my point wasn't really about the character so much as what the writers had to make clear in just a few lines. They really couldn't let the viewers think she left so she could be with Jack, because that doesn't work out in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

EDIT: Which is awfully close to what Wendy said as I was writing this.
        Well said, Jenn and Wendy! I agree wholeheartedly...

Comment

Originally posted by melanell View Post
          Regarding Sam and Jack having kids now:

I don't really think her age is a factor, yet.

OTish:
          Spoiler:
          I know several women who have successfully, easily, and sometimes even accidentally, had kids after the 40 yr mark. I know 1 women who had 3 kids after the 40 yr mark! And one was an oops!

But I do think that perhaps by now Jack may consider his age to be a factor.
          Well the problem is that the odds of a woman having a successful pregnancy after 40 is a lot lower - it's not that it doesn't happen, but it's not as common as we think it is. So while it's possible that Sam could easily have a couple kids, if we were going to go by "odds" it's MORE likely that she'd have difficulty. I read an article once that was annoyed at all the stars having babies at 40 and older acting like it was so easy when many go to fertility clinics.

I'm just saying LOL

But in fanfic world you can write it any way you want with any odds you want

Comment

So...we have selected a date (December 19) for Shipmas.

Now...who wants to volunteer to do the art work?

I'm also going to post this question in the art thread...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
              So...we have selected a date (December 19) for Shipmas.

Now...who wants to volunteer to do the art work?

I'm also going to post this question in the art thread...
              *raises hand*

Can I do it? I know i've done ship days artwork before...but never shipmas!

*goes back to her gutter corner again*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                *raises hand*

Can I do it? I know i've done ship days artwork before...but never shipmas!

*goes back to her gutter corner again*
                Absolutely! Tag...you're it!!!

I'll PM you in just a minutes...

Comment

Absolutely! Tag...you're it!!!

I'll PM you in just a minutes...
                  Yay...I'll try to make it tomorrow...

As long as nobody has any problems with it...

*looks shyly around*

I was rather...impulsive
                  sigpic

Comment

Yay...I'll try to make it tomorrow...

As long as nobody has any problems with it...

*looks shyly around*

I was rather...impulsive
                    Check your PMs!

Comment

Check your PMs!
                      Done

...now a misteloe above it and we get another 100 more of these...in my dreams
                      sigpic

Comment

...now a misteloe above it and we get another 100 more of these...in my dreams
                        In all our dreams....

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
                          Well the problem is that the odds of a woman having a successful pregnancy after 40 is a lot lower - it's not that it doesn't happen, but it's not as common as we think it is. So while it's possible that Sam could easily have a couple kids, if we were going to go by "odds" it's MORE likely that she'd have difficulty. I read an article once that was annoyed at all the stars having babies at 40 and older acting like it was so easy when many go to fertility clinics.

I'm just saying LOL

But in fanfic world you can write it any way you want with any odds you want
                          Yes, and then they end up with triplets, or the babies are genetically not really theirs, they're donated embryos. Now there's a fanfic I don't want to read- not for Sam, anyway. Kind of like the one where Jack gets pregnant. *shudders*

Comment

A little random pic spam...

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                              Yes, and then they end up with triplets, or the babies are genetically not really theirs, they're donated embryos. Now there's a fanfic I don't want to read- not for Sam, anyway. Kind of like the one where Jack gets pregnant. *shudders*
                              LOL! I don't want to read one where Jack gets pregnant either!

Actually, I'm more in the no babies camp, given their ages. But I don't mind baby fics...as long as they're not silly or way out of character.

Comment

LOL! I don't want to read one where Jack gets pregnant either!

Actually, I'm more in the no babies camp, given their ages. But I don't mind baby fics...as long as they're not silly or way out of character.
                                I read one once where Jack got pregnant. It was weird. I felt... odd after reading it. And slightly disturbed.

Comment

Working...
                                X