This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post

It makes me wonder... Sam definitely has a sassy, fun side to her, but we really don't see it til much later in the series. Early on she's really portrayed as being very much married to her work. What do you think changed her? Was she always like that and we just miss it (then again, Jack does tell her that she's been tense since they met!). Do you think it's because she spent so much time in school, then on research, then on SG-1 that it wasn't until Grace that she realized that she could be a "whole" woman instead of just a soldier girl?

I really think it has everything to do with her gender. She came out blasting in CotG because the guys were commenting about her being a woman. JACK likes women, but hates scientists (wonder why? do we ever find out?) but I do think Sam had to prove to a lot of people, and to herself, that she could make it in this man's profession. She wanted to earn her rank and respect.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
      I really think it has everything to do with her gender. She came out blasting in CotG because the guys were commenting about her being a woman. JACK likes women, but hates scientists (wonder why? do we ever find out?) but I do think Sam had to prove to a lot of people, and to herself, that she could make it in this man's profession. She wanted to earn her rank and respect.
      Maybe he doesn't think they're tough enough? I mean, he's a shoot first, ask questions later kind of guy (his first response to the electrical entity in "Entity" - blow that mother up! - which in my AU story is exactly what he did LOL). Meanwhile, as tough as Daniel is, he's sort of a, let's try to make sure we're not blowing up a perfectly good alien artifact and hey, let's try to play nice and make a few friends while we're at it. Clashes in idealogy mostly. So he runs into Sam, has no problem with her gender, but may think she's a bit of a wuss. It's a stereotype.

At least that's my hastily put together theory. I'm just thinking out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
        Maybe it should be Teal'c who knows about it and grosses everyone else out

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
        heh....maybe he could've earned some brownie points from Sam in that scene if Jack decided to thwhap them upside the head for their comments about women.....

Comment

Just dropping by with a pressie...

Food Diary

It was written for the Sam/Jack Friendathon but if you want to see ship, well, I'm not going to stop you
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

You guys are funny...
            As in humourous, not odd.

...Although...

Anyway. As a Shippy Hippy I shall now step in and say this:

''Why do birds suddenly appear? Every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be close to yououououououou... Why do stars fall down from the sky
            Every time you walk by? Just like me, they long to be...Close to youououou...

Laaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaa close to youhou. Laaaaaaaalalalaaaaa, close to...''

Nothing like a corny sing-along to protest against The War.
            *spreads love*

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
            Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
              You guys are funny...

...Although...

''Why do birds suddenly appear? Every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be close to yououououououou... Why do stars fall down from the sky

*spreads love*

... skips merrily through thread ...

... in hippy costume, with flowers in hair, in teeth, in pockets, in waistband, tucked behind ear(s) ...

... barefoot (clean feet, mind you) ...

... singing (mostly on-key) hippy songs (requests from anyone???? ... anyone???)

... whilst strewing and flinging flower petals in the air, and on the floor, and on thread members, grabbing members by the hand, dragging them along to dance merrily around and around in circles until ... oops, got liddle bit dizzy there ... and around and around some more ...

... grabbing more flowers to fling in the air ...

... tossing balloons into the air, along with pretty flags of all colors and shapes ... and broccolli ...

... dances out door on far side of room ... still singing ... still dancing ... still ...

(**Don't ask ... I have no idea what just got into me. But it was fun!**)

Comment

Far out, Hedwig! WooooHooood!

*rolls out Shippy Banners*
                *Picks flowers from other people's gardens*
                *Rolls around in the flower petals*

I do wonder what it is about our Ship that makes this world a place of beauty. Why colours seem brighter when Ship is in the air and why the sound of ''California Dreaming'' comes rolling in with the wind everytime a new S/J picture finds it's way to this awesome thread as if driven by faith and Shippers' hope for confirmation...

*inhales more broccoli smoke*
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

You guys are funny...

...Although...

*spreads love*

The war with Canada?

*skips around thread inhaling the broccoli*

*sits in sunshine and passes out sunblock to be safe*

*starts to sing*

lalalala Sam and Jack forever lalalalalalala Sam and Jack are doing guttery things lalalalalalala Sam and Jack fishing lalalalalalala lots and lots of fiiiiisssshhhiiiinnnnggg

*dances around thread*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                  Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                  Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    ... skips merrily through thread ...

... in hippy costume, with flowers in hair, in teeth, in pockets, in waistband, tucked behind ear(s) ...

... barefoot (clean feet, mind you) ...

... singing (mostly on-key) hippy songs (requests from anyone???? ... anyone???)

... whilst strewing and flinging flower petals in the air, and on the floor, and on thread members, grabbing members by the hand, dragging them along to dance merrily around and around in circles until ... oops, got liddle bit dizzy there ... and around and around some more ...

... grabbing more flowers to fling in the air ...

... tossing balloons into the air, along with pretty flags of all colors and shapes ... and broccolli ...

... dances out door on far side of room ... still singing ... still dancing ... still ...

(**Don't ask ... I have no idea what just got into me. But it was fun!**)
                    - probably too much broccoli smoke....

Comment

Far out, Hedwig! WooooHooood!

*rolls out Shippy Banners*
                      *Picks flowers from other people's gardens*
                      *Rolls around in the flower petals*

I do wonder what it is about our Ship that makes this world a place of beauty. Why colours seem brighter when Ship is in the air and why the sound of ''California Dreaming'' comes rolling in with the wind everytime a new S/J picture finds it's way to this awesome thread as if driven by faith and Shippers' hope for confirmation...

*inhales more broccoli smoke*
                      Blessings and gratitude on you for the green.

Wonders why there is no song with words by Dutch Indeed (as shown above - super great words for a song).

Moving along ... throws self happily into flower garden and tosses flowers in the air and makes snow (... er flower) angels with all the petals falling down around her, then skips happily through flower petals kicking them into air and grabbing huge armfuls to take huge whiff of pretty flower scent ...

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                      The war with Canada?

*skips around thread inhaling the broccoli*

*sits in sunshine and passes out sunblock to be safe*

*starts to sing*

lalalala Sam and Jack forever lalalalalalala Sam and Jack are doing guttery things lalalalalalala Sam and Jack fishing lalalalalalala lots and lots of fiiiiisssshhhiiiinnnnggg

*dances around thread*
                      ... happily throws armloads of flower petals at Amanda and dances and skips away ...

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      - probably too much broccoli smoke....
                      Huh? No such thing as too much broccoli smoke ...

Comment

The war with Canada?
                        Hehe, actually... Yes, in a way...

Wonders why there is no song with words by Dutch Indeed (as shown above - super great words for a song).

Um... Actually there is a song coming up. Not the one above, but that one will probably see the light of day sometime

sigpic

Comment

So why have we all gone Sam and Jack hippy insane today? Is it the nice weather perhaps....I bet you Sam and Jack would be fishing right now, lazing around outside, Sam sitting under a tree on her back with her eyes shut, and Jack comes out of the cabin and sees her laying there and his breath catches just a tad because it dawns on him that yes in fact she is his, and he remembers all those times he never thought that he'd be with her like this, and he goes up to her slowly and leans down and wakes her up with a kiss...

...uh oh...plot bunny...crap...I might have to write that now

hehe does it look familiar Hedwig?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

So why have we all gone Sam and Jack hippy insane today? Is it the nice weather perhaps....I bet you Sam and Jack would be fishing right now, lazing around outside, Sam sitting under a tree on her back with her eyes shut, and Jack comes out of the cabin and sees her laying there and his breath catches just a tad because it dawns on him that yes in fact she is his, and he remembers all those times he never thought that he'd be with her like this, and he goes up to her slowly and leans down and wakes her up with a kiss...

...uh oh...plot bunny...crap...I might have to write that now
                            That sounds suspiciously fluffy... Did you get high and fly into the fluffy clouds of shippydom?

Comment

Blessings and gratitude on you for the green.

Moving along ... throws self happily into flower garden and tosses flowers in the air and makes snow (... er flower) angels with all the petals falling down around her, then skips happily through flower petals kicking them into air and grabbing huge armfuls to take huge whiff of pretty flower scent ...

... happily throws armloads of flower petals at Amanda and dances and skips away ...

Huh? No such thing as too much broccoli smoke ...
                              Sooooo true

But Hedwig, clean feet???? *shakes head sadly* You can't be a true hippy with clean feet

*tosses more flower petals around the thread*

*lights candles*

All you need is love (da da da da daaaaaa)
                              All you need is love (altogether now)
                              All you need is love, love
                              Love is all you need.........

Comment

One Corny Song. Because Estrela put it in my head...
                                It's not my best work, but hey. If everyone's being silly...

Loves Jack

If you see a faded sign at the side of the road that says
                                ‘’Honk if you know that Sam Loves Jack!’’ Loves Jack yeah

Sam’s headin' down to Atlantis one day, knowing that there’s love anyway
                                Going through that blue-ish gateway.
                                She doesn’t need a car, to put those Wraith in jail. So she’s hunting ‘em down
                                And she Loves Jack

I got me a Ship, it seats about 20.000
                                So come on and bring your jukebox money.

She Loves Jack. He has a little cabin where they can get together
                                Loves Jack baby! For his Love Shack baby.
                                Love baby, that's where it's at, Ooo love baby, that's where it's at

Sign says ‘’stay away anti‘s, 'cause love rules and Sam Loves Jack‘’!
                                And they Happy Dance in the middle of a field,
                                Just ‘cause Sam loves jack and he sure loves her back!

Gutter on the mattress
                                Angsty when she’s away
                                Fluffy on the front porch
                                Hippies in the hallway

Sam Loves Jack in a little cabin where they can get together
                                Loves Jack baby! For the Love Shack, that's where it's at!

Huggin' and a kissin', dancin' and a lovin', wearin' next to nothing
                                Cause it's hot as an oven
                                Sam and Jack shimmy! The whole shack shimmies when both their body's
                                Are movin' around and around and around!

Every Shipper's movin', every Shipper's groovin' baby!
                                Folks linin' up outside just to get down
                                Every Shipper's movin', every Shipper's groovin' baby
                                Screamin‘ ‘’Sam Loves Jack! And he loves her back!’’

Hop on our Ship, it's as big as a whale and it's about to set sail!
                                I got me a Ship, it seats about 20.000
                                So come on and bring your jukebox money.

S/J… give us more, Powers. Knock a little louder sugar!
                                S/J… give us more, Powers!
                                *continue singing and Happy Dancing*

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X