• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i think it would have been very interesting if she'd just said ~~

Spoiler:
    sam - dammit, just tell me what you want me to do!

jack - uh... carter, i can't tell you what to do with your own life.

sam - why not?!

jack - because it's YOUR life!

sam - ... but i'm hanging by a thread here, and you're just letting me hang.

jack - i can't make up your mi--

sam - help me!

jack - help you *what*?!

sam - if you don't care, *really* don't care, then just tell me so!

jack - carter...

sam - or if you care about *me*, and maybe want... me...

jack - what do you want--

sam - tell me not to marry him.

jack - i can't--

sam - i'm pleading with you, jack, to open up to me! for once, for one %#*&ing moment, be honest with me!

jack - don't marry him!!!

sam - ......... i won't.

jack turns to walk out, stopping by the door. with his back turned to her...

jack - thank you.

jack walks off.

sam - i... love you.

from the hall, sam hears the soft reply, 'i love you too'.

yes, i'm listening to music again. it sure stirs my muse.

If only.

answering part of the question -

in 'desperate measures', just after jack stopped those doctors from giving sam a lethal dose to kill her...

after sam says she's alright, and then they both go into the hallway, i could see jack seeing sam was *not* alright (her hands shaking). he stops them and she looks over to him. he asks again if she's alright, and again, she says yes. but he says her hands are shaking. she glances down to them and sees they are. her shoulder slump and she just stands there. jack says, 'come here' and sam slowly goes to him. but she merely rests her head on his chest. he slowly touches her shoulders and then pulls her firmly against him. they stay like this for a minute and then sam pulls away. he asks, 'better?' and she nods. he looks down to her hands and she brings them in front of her to let both of them see if they're still shaking. they are just a bit, but jack nods and they start to go down the hall again.

i could have made that shippier.
    If only squared.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I've always grumbled about the way "Desperate Measures" ended. If anything, Sam should also have been in a bed in the infirmary. While Jack had been shot, Sam had been kidnapped, treated badly, shot full of drugs, probably not fed properly, came within seconds of being murdered, and who knows what else had been done to her over the course of a minimum of 5 days since she'd been kidnapped. The effects of whatever drugs she'd been given wouldn't have just worn off in a day. I just had a big problem with the writers for simply having her standing at Jack's bedside, basically sympathizing with him for having been shot, while she's getting no sympathy at all for what she went through.

And while I could be wrong, I thought that RDA had not even been asked or invited to be in the last episode of the series. I thought I read somewhere that he said he hadn't even been approached about doing it, which in a way would have been just as insulting as not even mentioning Jack in the last episode. (It's been quite awhile since I came across that, and I thought at one time it had been discussed in these threads?????)
    I agree.

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
    Congratulations, josiane, on 5,500 posts!!!

Congratulations, trinity3, on 3,600 posts!!!

:

Welcome, Milli!!!
    Gosh thanks! I really didn't realize

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
    So since Sally *refused* to make this into a fic...with her permission I did super thanks!! Always Come for You Hope you guys like it!
    Nice!

Originally posted by Ibaraz View Post
    *Hugs family*

Spoiler:
    Tuesday night, my mum passed away. Life is pretty hard right now, but I'm taking it one hour at a time... She passed away quickly, and it was kind of unexpected that it happened at this time. We're all grieving, and dealing with our loss.

I just wanted to let you know, cause I'm probably not going to be posting for awhile now. I think.
    Thanks for even thinking about us at this time of your grief.

Everyone on the thread can we take a minute now and give Ibaraz a virtual group hug.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS IBARAZ & FAMILY))))))))))))))))))))))

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Originally posted by trupi View Post
    Excellent art work! Thanks for sharing Alan
    Indeed. Thanks Alan.
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Ew, too much gutter on the thread! I prefer fluff and angst right now

((((((((((Ibaraz))))))))))
      my condolences...

(((((Hugs Eagle))))) So sorry to here about your dog

Alan, thanks for post those arties, it's great!

Thanks for angst, Sally!!! It's protect me from gutter!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post

*sigh* Sometimes it's better to pretend S9 and 10 don't exist. Sometimes.

Tbh, I was disappointed that there was no ship in the ep whatsoever. Without knowing any spoilers, only thing I knew was that Sam got kidnapped, and I truly expected something - either Jack's reaction or desperately trying to find her, but got pretty much nothing. That's the only time I've been disappointed with the lack of ship. Pre-S9, that is.

Congrats on 200 pots, ddc!

Okay. How many windows have you got? 1?

Omg, I'm so sorry to hear that. ((((Ibaraz)))) My condolences.

I have posted there before... a few pics even.

I'd like to thank y'all again for being so kind and supportive. (((Ship Family)))
        ummmm....9 in my living room alone....2 huge panes of glass for my sliding door.....6 in the family room.....3 in my bedroom and 3 in my parents' bedroom....2 in my sister's bedroom...2 more huge sliding glass door panes for the door on the garage and sunroom....and 2 more for the windows in the garage too..........we have a lot of glass in our house...which is why we're reluctant to throw stones around inside our house.....

and ddc has 200 pots.....that's a lot of pots....is he (she?) making soup for an entire army or something?
        Last edited by mad_gater; 23 April 2009, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Go vote, ladies . . .

Jack is there. Sam is there . . . Both could easily kick Kirk's . . .ahem. . .

http://www.paleycenter.org/star-trek-smackdown
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Just catching up before I flutter off again!

Originally posted by Ibaraz View Post
            *Hugs family*

Spoiler:
            Tuesday night, my mum passed away. Life is pretty hard right now, but I'm taking it one hour at a time... She passed away quickly, and it was kind of unexpected that it happened at this time. We're all grieving, and dealing with our loss.

I just wanted to let you know, cause I'm probably not going to be posting for awhile now. I think.
            Spoiler:
            So sorry to hear that. Many hugs.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            ummmm....9 in my living room alone....2 huge panes of glass for my sliding door.....6 in the family room.....3 in my bedroom and 3 in my parents' bedroom....2 in my sister's bedroom...2 more huge sliding glass door panes for the door on the garage and sunroom....and 2 more for the windows in the garage too..........we have a lot of glass in our house...whcih is why we're reluctant to throw stones around inside our house.....
            Thats a lot! You must get a lot of light huh? I'm in a really old house so not much windows at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              Okay! tonight a viewing of Metamorphosis!!
              Just to make it official...

RT Viewing:

Metamorphosis

Tonight at 9pm GMT

Is that time ok with everyone?

Comment

i've got a fic challenge made just for LA Doyle. ready?

sam dies tragically while on a mission. jack goes into super depression. he kills himself. but when he becomes a ghost, he's told he can't go to heaven because he's committed a huge sin in suicide. jack's left to roam the earth, never to reunite with sam.

*gives shippers a moment of sad silence*

BUT, sam is a ghost too and comes to jack to help him! she tries to reason with THE ptb, but they're told he can't cross over with her.

sam and jack stay at the sgc, trying to help their friends grief. sam keeps seeing this light, this shining and beautiful light that's calling to her, but she won't take it. jack tries to convince her to, but she says she wants to spend eternity with 'him'.

as time goes by, sam and jack start hearing a low whine. as time passes, the sound gets louder. the sound gets so loud that they have to scream to one another to hear each other. suddenly sam feels she's being pulled into the light. she screams for jack, with him grabbing hold of her hands to keep her with him. it's no use, he can't stop the pull of the light... her hands are slipping from his...

BAAM!

sam's eyes suddenly open. she hears noises and glances to the right. a loud whine is heard, as the paddles are being charged to use on jack's heart. lights are flashing and sam looks up...

hours later, sam opens her eyes again. jack's in the bed beside her, asleep. janet walks in.

sam: janet... what happened?

janet: sam, you were working on some alien artifact while colonel o'neill was in the lab with you. we think you triggered something, we looked at the recording made in your lab.

sam: but... why are we...

jack: sam, that thing almost killed you and the colonel. when it went off, you were electrocuted, and when the colonel tried to help you, he was pulled into the current with you. both of you were in cardiac arrest by the time i got to your lab.

sam frowns.

janet: do you remember this?

sam: not really.

janet: while we were trying to revive you, which i'll tell you... it was really close, sam, for both of you. but making matters worse, that machine of yours was freaking out. it was making a loud ringing noise and causing the lights in your lab to shine incredibly bright.

sam: oh my god...

janet: what?

sam: janet... i think... i think i was dreaming while this was going on. those sounds went into the dream.

later that night, jack wakes to find sam staring at him.

jack: hey, carter.

sam: sir...

jack: so, janet told me about what happened.

sam: ....

jack: i'll tell you, i had some incredible dreams since this happened.

sam: what kind?

jack: ... like we were dead and staying at the sgc. kind of haunting it i think.

sam: .... and did i keep seeing this light that you wanted me to go into?

jack: uh... yeah, actually.

sam: did i die on a mission and you commi... died too?

jack: carter...

sam: sir, either we shared the same dream --

jack: or we really died!

janet: or you two were manipulated by the ancient artifact.

sam/jack: what?

janet: daniel deciphered the machine you were working with, sam. you 'did' share the same event.

daniel: and it also means you are married to each other now.

sam/jack: what!?

suddenly sam wakes up. she glances at her clock. she has two hours before her date with someone her brother knows. while taking her shower, she can't forgot her dream. it haunts her.

an hour before the date, sam picks up the phone to cancel the date...

and calls jack.

~~~

my gawd, i'm sorry. it wasn't supposed to go on that far. or even go in that direction. sorry again.
                But, but, but ... you've done such an excellent, super wonderful, awesome job of writing this so far. Why can't you do the writing of the story?????

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                  Excellent art work! Thanks for sharing Alan
                  Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  Hey, that's really cool, Alan. Thanks for sharing those links.
                  You are so very welcome!

That's a great bit of photoshopping there!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!! It just cries out Movie III to me!!! I look forward to the day when the cast photos are done for Movie III and pictures like the one above won't need to be made up...it really will be Sam and Jack / Rick and Amanda together!!!

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Alan thanks for finding that and posting it! I'm now reading more of it!
                  Glad your enjoying it! I don't about you but I look forward to when crimson-diablo continues it beyond Page 64! Apparently things *really* hot up later on!

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                  Indeed. Thanks Alan.
                  Originally posted by Blacky Kitten View Post
                  Alan, thanks for post those arties, it's great!
                  My pleasure!

My 9,800th posting!!! Woo-hoo!!!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

So, ... what did Jack do???? Sam looks a bit ... um ... irritated.

(**but great picture, btw**)

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                      Thanks for even thinking about us at this time of your grief.

Everyone on the thread can we take a minute now and give Ibaraz a virtual group hug.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS IBARAZ & FAMILY))))))))))))))))))))))

We'll keep you in our prayers.
                      Well said. *hugs Ibaraz* I'm so sorry for your loss! All of us will always be here for you, whatever you need.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        ummmm....9 in my living room alone....2 huge panes of glass for my sliding door.....6 in the family room.....3 in my bedroom and 3 in my parents' bedroom....2 in my sister's bedroom...2 more huge sliding glass door panes for the door on the garage and sunroom....and 2 more for the windows in the garage too..........we have a lot of glass in our house...whcih is why we're reluctant to throw stones around inside our house.....
                        Uhm... 29? *cough* No problem.

and ddc has 200 pots.....that's a lot of pots....is he (she?) making soup for an entire army or something?
                        *pokes*

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        Go vote, ladies . . .

*votes*

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        My 9,800th posting!!! Woo-hoo!!!
                        Congrats on 9800th post, Alan!

So, ... what did Jack do???? Sam looks a bit ... um ... irritated.
                        My bet is that Sam is... concerned about the confirmation, but Jack is more confident.

(**but great picture, btw**)
                        It is. In case anyone wonders, it's not mine. I assume that the author's name is the one on the top right corner.
                        sigpic

Comment

Go vote, ladies . . .

And at the moment, Jack is leading in said poll!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Congrats on 9800th post, Alan!
                            Thanks, Egle!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Go vote, ladies . . .

I'd like to se a "Teal'c vs. Worf vs. Tyr Anasazi vs. Rhade" poll.....a nice 4-way smack-down......

Comment

And at the moment, Jack is leading in said poll!!!
                                ahhh...no love for John Sheridan.....can't see why though......sorry to say I had to go with him....as much as I love Jack and Sam and many of those others.....I have to say it takes sheer guts to stand up against midnight black creatures that seem to come straight from the depths of Hell and are capable of inflicting mental torment like none ever seen before...it also takes takes a great amount of courage and determination (which I think is sorely lacking today) to stand up for yourself and your beliefs and to stand against those who seek to keep your liberty from you....even if that means you have to take up arms against your own government....that's true guts, courage, and determination in action baby!!!! That's why I had to go with John Sheridan....

Comment

Working...
                                X