Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I had to go and find screencaps of the Kobol thing... what do you guys reckon?

Kobol:

The Lost Moon of Poosh (no, wait, wrong show... ):

Oh and another thing I love about this episde, how we really see Jack think. We don't get to see him think enough.

Oooh and yay, the Sam and Teal'c in the locker room scene! Love this so much - Sam's despair (and letting it show, even though she initially tries to fob him off), Teal'c's quiet understanding and strength, and the fact that this scene gets a counterpart in Grace when Sam goes missing. Love it.
    sigpic
    Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

The locker room scene *sniff*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by josiane View Post
        Lots of lovely foreshadowing in this conversation between Jack and Maybourne.

Maybe you're losing your mind
        and
        The only thing you have to be afraid of around here is me

Both proven to be true by the end

And Sam's conversation with Hammond about ideas to get Jack back. Really Hammond shouldn't be surprised, after all, when Jack got stranded on Edora she proposed building a particle accelerator, FCOL! But again it shows, just like in 100 days, how Sam doesn't even stop to think about practicalities when she's trying to think of ways to get Jack back
        What's the line again?

I don't think we can put a price on Colonel O'Neill

Something like that anyway. Very indicative..

The Locker scene. *hugs Sam* *hugs Teal'c for knowing Sam was going to need him*
        sigpic

Comment

*comes in*

*reads*

I see you'll have a very DEEP conversation about Jack...

and poor Sam indeed...she does everything to save Jack....

as for the "I say when we are done here" ...she is right...but then again Hammond has the last word; so if he okays the mission so far and thinks that they should look further (ignoring Lee's comments) than they should. Sam is in command of the S&R for Jack....and Harry..

I think, next to the thunking that this is a very good episode and it shows something about the Furlings...with this TPTB could have done much more and expanded on it...it could be a perfect Alpha base for earth as well...plus Earth could use the technology that is used in here for another...moonbase

Okay...gonna put my episode on now as well
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aveo_amacus View Post
            oo well spotted Twin
            She just wants Jack back and doesn't care what she has to do to achieve that goal, I've been sitting here drawing parallels to DM, then Jack was willing to work with Maybourne as long as he got her back - which is Jack's last desperate measure. Spending every last minute and building some amazing machine is Sam's.

Edit: on a completely different note, I love how the lighting changes once Jack starts eating the plant
            *nods* It makes him look even sexier. I don't know how that's possible, but it does!!!!

Edit: Would this be the perfect time to re-post this?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
              I'd forgotten about Inauguration But yes, very significant.

It reminds me also of Fifth Man where Sam very nearly crosses the line from insubordination to downright disobeying Hammond's order in her determination to go back for Jack.

*hands Josi the mop* While you're there.....

Oh oh oh! NO!!!! Don't go there! I'll not manage to concentrate on the rest of the ep!
              oo well spotted Twin
              She just wants Jack back and doesn't care what she has to do to achieve that goal, I've been sitting here drawing parallels to DM, then Jack was willing to work with Maybourne as long as he got her back - which is Jack's last desperate measure. Spending every last minute and building some amazing machine is Sam's.

Edit: on a completely different note, I love how the lighting changes once Jack starts eating the plant
              Yes, on both! This is another thing I love about Stargate, how many parallels you can draw between episodes. It adds to the layers and the meanings, as they build on things that happen and reference back and forth. And it means you can endlessly compare and refer and infer, and I just love that
              sigpic

Comment

Locker Scene!!!
                *cries* I am SO glad AT fought as hard as she did for this scene, it's wonderful, both from her acting but also for the character. I love the bit where she says "it feels like we just lost Daniel, I don't know if I can.."

*lip trembles*
                sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

What's the line again?

I don't think we can put a price on Colonel O'Neill

Something like that anyway. Very indicative..

The Locker scene. *hugs Sam* *hugs Teal'c for knowing Sam was going to need him*
                  Exactly. And really, there are quite a few episodes where we basically have this situation. Sam or Jack in danger/stranded, and the other showing that there is nothing they won't do to get them back. I'm trying to think back, but I don't think we have the same situation to the same extent with either Daniel or Teal'c.

*nods* It makes him look even sexier. I don't know how that's possible, but it does!!!!
                  *drools* I don't think the mop's gonna cut it any more Oma

OMG the 'drop it now'... *dies*
                  sigpic

Comment

Darn it, I have to go Maybe we can have the metamorphosis rewatch tomorrow or Thursday?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I'm shocked you don't know what a picture wall is. You mean to say that everyone doesn't have one of these???

I have a large corkboard on the wall in my computer room, and periodically I print photos that I really, really like of Sam and Jack together (or each individually) and put them on said corkboard. The pictures get rotated occasionally so there's something new.

Okay, so maybe I'm going a bit overboard, but it helps until confirmation comes along.
                      Maybe I should get one of the things, too. There's just the spot on the wall next to me... Until that I have loads of shippy (and thunkable) picture in my phone. Whenever I need a fix and am away from my computer, it helps.

Anyway, I'm off. ((((Ship Family))))
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                        Darn it, I have to go Maybe we can have the metamorphosis rewatch tomorrow or Thursday?
                        Sounds good to me Would be better than tonight for me too, actually
                        sigpic

Comment

*hugs Jack and Sam* Season 6 was one heck of a tough season for them The whole arc of Frozen & Abyss, followed by Unnatural Selection, Smoke & Mirrors, then PL, and follow that up with Metamorphosis.......

No wonder it's my favourite Season after Season 4 All that Angst!
                          sigpic

Comment

Edit: Would this be the perfect time to re-post this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...radiseLost.jpg
                            yep that was it

You know I would have LOVED to have seen Sam's reaction to Jack coming home. Do you think SG1 would have been on the cargo ship or waiting back at the SGC??
                            sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

*hugs Jack and Sam* Season 6 was one heck of a tough season for them The whole arc of Frozen & Abyss, followed by Unnatural Selection, Smoke & Mirrors, then PL, and follow that up with Metamorphosis.......

No wonder it's my favourite Season after Season 4 All that Angst!
                              It really was. It's one of my favourite seasons too for that, and the angst perfectly reflects where they are in their relationship too - they've tried the pulling away thing, and it's not changed the feelings, just dulled the fluff and left this hard angst. But the frustration that we get in S7 hasn't really hit in yet, it's like they're waiting but haven't really realised yet just how long they will have to.

Plus Jack is seriously hot in S6

I'm feeling the need to watch this vid now Season 6 episodes have this effect on me...
                              sigpic

Comment

yep that was it

You know I would have LOVED to have seen Sam's reaction to Jack coming home. Do you think SG1 would have been on the cargo ship or waiting back at the SGC??
                                Oh wouldn't we all?! Much as I would like Sam to be on the cargo ship, I get the impression that the Tok'ra were going to do the pick-up on their own and return Jack to the SGC after dropping Maybourne off. I don't think I have any reason for thinking that though!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X