• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT again on TV:
    Spoiler:
    Originally posted by silly sally View Post
    No BSG or Heroes???
    Nope. Can't handle the artsy filming style of the one, and Heroes has consistently bored me the few times I've tried. Not sure why, cause it seems like a good concept on paper. I think it's probably that I've never been able to care what happens to the characters.

tbh, I do watch House and Bones. But not in a "can't wait for the next episode" kind of a way. And we watch Terminator when it's on (which doesn't count for US, either, btw.)

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      OT Filming/Release Schedules:
      Spoiler:
      I'm still traumatized from having learn we won't be seeing new Sanctuary till Oct 9th. When do ya'll across the pond get new Doctor Who and Torchwood? Cause it's jsut that and Legend of the Seeker (kids' new favorite) till the fall I fear.

BTW, are they still making TV shows in the US?
      CBS utterly dominates the ratings for series and their shows are mostly filmed here. The smaller shows probably do find it cheaper to film elsewhere, especially now that the dollar is up. That favors Stargate, too. I'm crossing my fingers. I mean, the studios can't just shut down for a year or two, they have to film something just to stay in business. SG-1 movies are a safe bet, and not expensive. It's kind of amazing how many movies never turn a profit- but this one will.

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
      No BSG or Heroes??? Or even House?
      Spoiler:
      I'm not sure I understand the question, but are you talking about Caprica? BSG was only ever going to run 4 seasons, it was planned that way from the start. I would guess Caprica will be put on hold- especially with SGU coming along- no one can afford to gamble on anything new right now.
      Last edited by VSS; 26 January 2009, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        OT Filming/Release Schedules:
        Spoiler:
        I'm still traumatized from having learn we won't be seeing new Sanctuary till Oct 9th. When do ya'll across the pond get new Doctor Who and Torchwood? Cause it's jsut that and Legend of the Seeker (kids' new favorite) till the fall I fear.

BTW, are they still making TV shows in the US?
        Dr. Who OT
        Spoiler:
        As far as I know there was never going to be a s5 with DT. MS is doing that tbr in April 2010, they're planning to do specials (4 or 5 if memory serves) this year and the next guest star has been announced but that's all I've heard so far...
        sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
          "There was an episode in our third season in which we gave every indication that O'Neill had fathered a child. Earlier this year [Season Five], I asked Brad Wright if he'd ever consider doing a story in which O'Neill goes back to that planet and discovers he's got a child. If we did, I'd like it to be a daughter, only because he's already had a son. I'd love to see a relationship like that unfold in front of the cameras."
          (Actor Richard Dean Anderson, in an interview with TV Zone magazine (Special #42, July 2001))

Granted this was 8 years ago, but I don't remember hearing anything to contradict it. Till now.
          Wow, very interesting, thanks Seahen! I've definitely heard the other thing too, I wonder where from though

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
          It is so sweet of RDA to acknowledge his dedicated fan base on his birthday! Just another reason why our show and ship are the best! Yay !

I don't know if anyone saw the SAGs tonight, but they included Don S. Davis in the In Memorial section. They used an SG1 clip and I was so touched to see his work being saluted.
          Aww, so glad to hear that. ((((Don))))

Originally posted by Solo View Post
          Heheh - Anzac biscuits are.. uhm - google 'em They're a staple part of any Australia Day celebrations. ANZAC is an acronym for the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps - v. well known for action in the first world war (Gallipolli in particular). We celebrate Anzac Day on 25 April, but the biccies are pretty iconic, so - because I cannot be bothered making lamingtons (and rum balls are a Christmas thing) - I do 'em for Australia Day, too.

And aye, Sainsbury's = supermarket Not that fancy
          OT Australia Day cuisine
          Spoiler:
          I love lamingtons!!! My ex-housemates were Aussies, and we used to make lamingtons for Australia Day. I miss them now I don't live with them any more

And

Happy Australia Day!!!

Originally posted by VSS View Post
          I have to say this is making me nervous
          SGA movie on hold
          I hope this doesn't apply to the SG-1 movie. I don't think it does, because the SG-1 movies are proven to sell well and are cheap to make, but if there's no credit available, nothing is going to happen.

On the other hand, if they do end up filming the next movie later this year, it'll be a good incentive to get it into the stores ASAP. And JM did seem a little more definitive about the SG-1 movie, didn't he say it would likely be out in 2010? I think the last time he said anything about the Atlantis movie, he said they had to push the filming date back because of SGU.

*refuses to panic*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NELL!!!
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

BW was just lurking over on the Atlantis movie thread, so I asked him what was up with the SGA movie.

I hope he answers!

More than that, I hope we hear something on the third movie soon.

Comment

I have to say this is making me nervous
              SGA movie on hold
              I hope this doesn't apply to the SG-1 movie. I don't think it does, because the SG-1 movies are proven to sell well and are cheap to make, but if there's no credit available, nothing is going to happen.

On the other hand, if they do end up filming the next movie later this year, it'll be a good incentive to get it into the stores ASAP. And JM did seem a little more definitive about the SG-1 movie, didn't he say it would likely be out in 2010? I think the last time he said anything about the Atlantis movie, he said they had to push the filming date back because of SGU.
              TBH i'm not all that surprised that SGA has been shelved for the time being....I wouldn't be surprised if they never made the movie, TBH it doesn't really bother me any more

But fear not, I don't think they'll shelve SG-1, I think it'll be on schedule...I had way more hope of an SG-1 movie than an SGA movie anyways
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                TBH i'm not all that surprised that SGA has been shelved for the time being....I wouldn't be surprised if they never made the movie, TBH it doesn't really bother me any more

But fear not, I don't think they'll shelve SG-1, I think it'll be on schedule...I had way more hope of an SG-1 movie than an SGA movie anyways
                Yes, even the diehard SGA fans said the same thing.
                EatG spoiler
                Spoiler:
                I thought Atlantis's return to earth pretty much brought the plot full circle.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                  Ohh, I wanted to see those but completely forgot about them! I'm glad they did a memorial and that Don was included. Were any of the Stargate cast at the awards?
                  I didn't see any of them, but I didn't watch the whole show. Also, they put the "big" names at the front where the camera's are, and he hall was big, so it's impossible to know who might have been in the back.
                  sigpic

Comment

BW was just lurking over on the Atlantis movie thread, so I asked him what was up with the SGA movie.
                    Finally I got to witness Brad being online.

sigpic

Comment

OT Television Series

Spoiler:
                      One of the things I heard was that Obama was going to make it more difficult for shows to be shot overseas and give more benefits to shows shot here in the US. I really hope that happens. Too much of our business has gone overseas and that's put a lot of industry people here out of work.

With the economy like it is, I imagine the studios (who are in the middle of layoffs at the moment - my department is going through it this week) aren't going to 'take chances' with many new shows.

Don't know about BSG. Can't get into the soap opery style. I like Heroes. It starts on Feb 2nd.

As far as the SGA movie being pushed back. I'm not surprised. MGM knows a SG-1 movie is a sure thing based on the sales of the previous two. I don't see that being pushed back. Perhaps if there was going to be a SAG strike, but that looks unlikely at the moment.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I hope he answers!

He's more involved in SGU and the new SG-1 movie, isn't he? I think the SGA movie is Joe's and another writer's, yes?

Someone ask Brad how the SG-1 movie is coming along
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

He's more involved in SGU and the new SG-1 movie, isn't he? I think the SGA movie is Joe's and another writer's, yes?

Someone ask Brad how the SG-1 movie is coming along
                          He's still there. You ask. I already pestered him once.

Comment

OT Television Series

Spoiler:
                            One of the things I heard was that Obama was going to make it more difficult for shows to be shot overseas and give more benefits to shows shot here in the US. I really hope that happens. Too much of our business has gone overseas and that's put a lot of industry people here out of work.

With the economy like it is, I imagine the studios (who are in the middle of layoffs at the moment - my department is going through it this week) aren't going to 'take chances' with many new shows.

Don't know about BSG. Can't get into the soap opery style. I like Heroes. It starts on Feb 2nd.

As far as the SGA movie being pushed back. I'm not surprised. MGM knows a SG-1 movie is a sure thing based on the sales of the previous two. I don't see that being pushed back. Perhaps if there was going to be a SAG strike, but that looks unlikely at the moment.
                            Spoiler:
                            With apologies, I am really glad that strike appears unlikely now.

If Obama is serious, he's got to do something about business taxes and regulation. Of course, that pretty much applies to every business. We used to have a great climate for business, now we don't. And California has rapidly become one of the worst states, which has got to be doubly hard on the studios.

Comment

Oh? Where'd you hear that?

I suppose I should try harder to keep up with this information! LOL!
                              He said it in a Screensavers interview a few years back, when Wylie was about four I think.

It's here Oh, it was in 2002, longer ago than I thought

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                [CENTER][B] Happy Birthday, Nell!
                                From me also Nell!

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                                Congrats on 5000th post, scifi_girl!
                                From me also scifi_girl!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...