• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    ((((((((Jackie)))))))))))

I hope you get better soon

looks good jackie!!!!

edit: can't wait for the next chapter...
    LOL! I'm not sick! Just addicted to coffee!!

And thankies! Hopefully, I'll get it up by tomorrow!
    sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Hey all!!! *waves
      I'm fly-by posting cuz I've been off reading fics for....*looks at watch....a few months now.....came across one I thought was worthy of sharing with y'all called "It wasn't suppose to be like this" by Devilish Me.
      Not your typical Sam and Jack have a kid story, original and a good read.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3935888/...o_be_like_this

waterfall

Comment

In honor of this auspicious occasion, I’m going to list my 3000 favorite Stargate moments….

Spoilered for length...

Spoiler:
        Hah! Thought I was really going to do it, didn't you!

Seriously, though…I can’t believe this is # 3000…I don’t think I’ve ever done anything voluntarily 3000 times…let alone talk this much about one single topic! Anyway…I was originally going to share with you some of my favorite S/J pics, but I figure you've seen enough of my stuff lately, so I'll spare you all! I did want to say, however...thanks for letting me come here and hang out with all of you... I’ve had a blast and made some wonderful friends and its been great being able to have a group of people with which to share our shipper highs and lows and frustrations and joys, pics and fics and vids and captions and dissection every shippy scene and wearing of those magical rose-colored shippy glasses that allow us to see ship even where others might not! So thanks, shippers….you’re the best!

(((((((((((SHIPPERS)))))))))))))

Okay...I can't resist...one picture...my favorite shot of each of them...

You know...I gotta go with Kawalsky on this one...damn but they look good together!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
          Here's one that needs a cap:
          writes 8:23am - Sam mows front lawn
          writes 8:37am - Sam mows back lawn
          writes 9:11am - Sam drinks iced tea on back deck
          writes 9:39am - Sam angles the lounge chair toward the sun
          writes 9:40am - Sam goes into house

"It won't be long now."

writes 9:52am - Sam exits house in swimsuit
          smiles "Sqeeeeeeeee!"

writes 9:53am - Sam lays down on the lounge chair to sunbathe
          CRASH, BAM, BOOM

moans "OOOhhhhhh! I can't believe I fell off the ladder again"

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

"It won't be long now."

smiles "Sqeeeeeeeee!"

CRASH, BAM, BOOM

ROFL!!!!

Comment

Darnit...I soooo wish I was good at captioning! Boy, this one's gonna be good, I can just tell!
              Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
              In honor of this auspicious occasion, I’m going to list my 3000 favorite Stargate moments….

Spoilered for length...

Spoiler:

Seriously, though…I can’t believe this is # 3000…I don’t think I’ve ever done anything voluntarily 3000 times…let alone talk this much about one single topic! Anyway…I was originally going to share with you some of my favorite S/J pics, but I figure you've seen enough of my stuff lately, so I'll spare you all! I did want to say, however...thanks for letting me come here and hang out with all of you... I’ve had a blast and made some wonderful friends and its been great being able to have a group of people with which to share our shipper highs and lows and frustrations and joys, pics and fics and vids and captions and dissection every shippy scene and wearing of those magical rose-colored shippy glasses that allow us to see ship even where others might not! So thanks, shippers….you’re the best!
              Congrats on the big 3000. They go by fast!

Comment

First, I'd just like to say, I've never recieved so much green for one post before. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. Second, hisg1fans, that was really good! I greened you!

and third,

Congrats APA on 3000 posts!

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                  <snip>
                  Second part- I agree with you there mostly. IMHO, the difference between Sam and Jack is that she represses her emotions and he hides his. That's a big difference. Jack "feel feelings" most of the time- and he's always on guard, but in a dozen subtle little ways (as we're so good at analyzing) they keep coming to the surface, anyway. Subtle but constant.

Sam, on the other hand, learned to repress her emotions as a little girl. That's why I see her as having these bursts of emotion that pop up- like in PL or LC or A Hundred Days or Threads- and then she goes back to being oblivious like when she hands Jack the ring box in Affinity, gets a little too close to Orlin or accepts a date with Joe Faxon. (Right in front of Jack!). Can you see Jack accepting an offer like that in front of Sam? Not in a million years. After D & C Jack only had eyes for Sam until he thought he'd lost her for good. Sam's so repressed she literally had to get smacked up side of the head to even think about having a relationship with Jack (of course, she made the wrong choice, but at least she thought about it).

They both have good reason to think the other doesn't care anymore, but they handle it completely differently.

And that's why I think Jack suffered more, IMHO. Granted, he's the one who put the distance between them but that was a pretty big burden to bear.
                  I like your distinction of hiding feelings v. repressing them, and I think you're right about the differences between Jack and Sam on this count. I guess I wouldn't consider Sam oblivious, though...but perhaps it's just cuz I take a different view of the examples you mention. In Affinity, I don't think she was being obtuse...or insensitive...I honestly think she was giving Jack a chance to step in and stop her...to see if he still cared anything for her at all, because I still think she was convinced that he no longer felt about her the way he had when they made their confessions back in D&C. And when he gave her his incomprehensible "I wouldn't be here"...well. We know what happened then. As for Orlin...I never was convinced that that was a romantic relationship at all on Sam's part. And if she was close to him, emotionally, it was because everyone else...including Jack...thought she was a little nuts, and didn't provide her the support she really needed at the time. And Joe Faxon. Again...I think the attraction was on Joe's part, and I guess I never saw the invitation to lunch as a "date" date. I know that we're supposed to see the seeds of that 2010 future there, and I could see it happening, had things progressed along the 2010 timeline. But as far as Sam going for Joe right off the bat...I guess I always thought she was being the polite liason to the ambassador, and nothing more. Just MHO, of course!

Did he call her Sam in Threads or is that what APA put in as his thoughts? I did not think he did.
                  Nope. He never called her Sam again, after Serpent Song, as far as I can remember. Just my pic fic!

I don't think Jack thought he broke Sam's heart, or at least not very much, see what I posted after Buc252. Otherwise, how could he think she'd be happy without him? He figured she'd just get over him and move on. Like he "said" in Grace- "That easy?"

I also find it interesting that you think he wouldn't have stopped her from marrying Pete even if they'd had a decent talk, and that he wouldn't have discussed anything with her at his house, either. But then, when would he? What was the catalyst that changed things in Jack's mind? Kerry's little speech didn't have anything to do with whether or not he was good enough for Sam, she was just pointing out the obvious. I agree that he was always trying to do what was best for Sam, but if their having a little heart-to-heart wouldn't change his perspective, then it wouldn't have changed it post-Threads, pre-Threads or anytime, because nothing else had changed. Or are you saying they just gazed into each other's eyes and proceeded to express their feelings more-shall we say- directly? That works for me, too.
                  I guess my interpretation of Jack is that he really doesn't think he's good enough for Sam...he knows how she feels about him, but also believes it's better for her if she does move on...so he sort of hurts her for her own good, if that makes any sense...believing in the long run she would be happier...happier with someone younger...someone less burdened by the dark things he carries around in his psyche...someone with whom a relationship won't be detrimental to her career...someone who is more deserving of her love than he thinks he is. Which is why I think he is deliberate first in his efforts to distance himself from her...and then to side-step every overture she makes to try to tell him how she feels...or to find out from him if he has any feelings for her.

And the reason I think he would have side-stepped her again in his back yard, if Kerry hadn't been there, is because of these same things. I'm not sure he would have even let her get as far as she had intended in the conversation...or if he'd let her talk, he would have done his best to convince her that she was just having cold feet and it was to be expected. I think it was just his gut reaction taking over...to protect Sam from letting her feelings for him get in the way of what Jack thought was a better future for her. So when Kerry interrupted both Sam's confession and Jack's probable rebuttal, it gave Jack a chance to really think about what Sam said. IMHO, I think Jack had pretty much figured things out by the time Kerry walked into his office, and that her break-up with him was only half a heartbeat earlier than his break-up with her.

As for the catalyst that changed Jack's mind...well, I'm probably way off here, but I can't help notice that the last thing Sam says before Kerry interrupts them is "if I don't tell you now, I may never...." I think that word "never" is key...cuz if there's anything that would linger in Jack's thoughts it's the image "never" creates. Suddenly a future without Sam in it looks very bleak indeed. It's a huge dose of reality when he considers the ramifications of her leaving his life that way. Realizing this, IMHO, is where he makes his decision. And the opposite of "never" is "always"...which, of course, comes a few scenes later. Thankfully!

As for suffering...I think they both did...very much...in different ways. Which is why we have the Cavern of Angst, after all!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sarai View Post
                    Yeah me 2, i considered Thor but i just have this vision of shouting for Teal'c out the back door! Martouf would also be a good name, as would maybe Cassie for a girl-cat...still thinking on that one

Awesome Seahen, tried to green you but GW is not letting me green anyone today. oyyyy
                    My mum always said, when you're picking a name out for your child always go to the backdoor and yell it out...see if it still sounds ok.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS APA ON 3000 POSTS!!!!
                      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                        Well, I had a huge multipost going, and my computer froze. Suffice it to say, I'm not going back to look for those posts! *sigh*

Great telescope caps Seahen!
                        Here's one that needs a cap:

Jack's Checklist:
                        Catch the eclipse - Check
                        Check out the blackhole - Check
                        Chart the new galaxy - Check
                        Look through Carter's Window - D---! She waved before closing the curtains! That woman knows everything!
                        sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS, APA!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

"It won't be long now."

smiles "Sqeeeeeeeee!"

CRASH, BAM, BOOM

Hilarious!

Congratulations APA on 3000+ shippy posts. You are awesome!
                            sigpic
                            Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post

Spoilered for length...

Spoiler:

(((((((((((SHIPPERS)))))))))))))

Okay...I can't resist...one picture...my favorite shot of each of them...

You know...I gotta go with Kawalsky on this one...damn but they look good together!

HAPPY SHIPPER 3000, APA!
                              Just sayin', the green beans are used up, so gotta say in words: CONGRATS!
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

This may have been discussed here before, but I haven't been here in ,like, forever, but I always wondered what Kerry saw that convinced her that Jack was in love with Sam.
                                It must have been something because he didn't deny it when she confronted him with it....maybey he was talking in his sleep or something...

waterfall

Comment

Working...
                                X