This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
    Of course, in another forum today they asked the question "If you had a time machine and could change anything in Stargate, what would you do?" I said Jack should take that ring and throw it across Sam's lab and say "What the hell are you thinking?"- so I favor the direct approach, I guess.
    That would be fantastic! You should write a fic about it! You could do the perfect combination of angst and happy ending! Please?
    sigpic
    Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
      Darn... now I want to read fan fiction. On a random note: anybody read the Birthday Traditions series by... *goes to check* ...Kate McCaye? When I decided to tackle that series it totally consumed my life until I finished it. (I don't usually read long fics... I have the attention span of a peanut.)
      I have read those. Quite cute. That was back in the day when I could focus on a fic. Now I can't read or write one to save my life. *is ashamed*

Comment

ot: about mitchell and vala --

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
        I know I'm going to have things thrown at me, but I actually *like* Mitchell *ducks*

I don't know what it is, but he's got charisma. Is he a replacement for Jack? HECK NO! No one will ever replace Jack O'Neill, and thank God RDA will be in Continuum to remind us of that fact But there's something about Mitchell that I just like. Maybe it's his cluelessness sometimes or the fact he's so down to earth. I don't know, I can't put my finger on it, but he's got something.
        i feel the same way. sam, jack, and mitchell are my fave characters, in that order.

ftw.

(about vala) I know she mended her ways somewhat as S9 and S10 went on, but COME ON, what business does she really have being a member of the elite SG1 team?
        that's the nail on the head for me. no matter if they toned her down, she didn't belong on sg1. and in my opinion, she shouldn't have been a fulltime regular on the series. i don't dislike vala, i just think she doesn't belong. she's comic releaf, like maybourne or felger.

my otness is over.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          Good thought...bet he did talk about her. A lot.

But I'm not sure she said "Is it true" though. I think it's "Is the AF the only thing keeping you two apart?"
          Yes, you are probably right about that. But it's still the same- she heard rumors. Otherwise how would she know specifically about the Air Force- there are a lot of things that could be the problem. She happened to know the right one.

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          Spoilers for space
          Spoiler:
          I had the thought recently that 2010 isn't that far away at all...

Besides PoV and Grace, but those don't really count. Wow...I can't believe it's been that long. I'm hoping for some Sam's in Continuum then, darn it all!

I'm thinking even if they're together, he still has those lingering thoughts...why in the world is she with me? That's Jack for you...but I'm sure he also realizes(now, after all that angst) that he really is what Sam wants needs, even if he doesn't quite get it.

Yep. Down to the wire. It's kind of a now or never thing. Last chance. I think this, along with the fact Sam came to him(Yes you, Jack. Not Daniel or Teal'c, or even Pete. This is about you and her and those feelings and she needs to talk to YOU before she takes that final leap with eek, er, Pete), obviously unhappy(which blows his 'she's happy with Pete, that must be what is best for her' theory outta the water), plus the fact Kerry could tell they had feelings(not just he had feelings, they) and confronted him about it, plus the 'Always' where just being there for her was enough-he did have something to give(possibly he could see he could be worthy of her love-he doesn't have to be anything other than he his or do anything other than he does-she loves him for him) etc....okay, someone shut me up and this nonsensical rambling!

Now would Jack have still pushed Sam away had Kerry not come out...I'm not sure. I'm more curious as to what Sam would have told him.

IMSHO, all you have to do is see those two together for a minute to know they're meant to be. *shrugs* I don't know, Kerry was a smart one though.

Oh, I like!
          My guess is she would have stumbled around a lot more! And I also think one conversation wouldn't have settled the issue, either.

And you know what, about the "Jack should have thrown the ring across the room" post I made out there in the general Gateworld forum, I got greened for that and one positive followup comment so far from people I don't know, just to let you guys know there are a lot of closet shippers out there.
          We Are Not Alone

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Congratulations, Linda06, on 3,100 posts!!!

Congratulations, AstraPerAspera, on 3,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, atlantis babe34, on 2,400 posts!!!
            Thanks, Melissa! Thanks everyone!

Congrats Linda06 and atlantis babe34 too!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
              CONGRATULATIONS APA ON 3000 POSTS!!!!
              CONGRATS FROM ME TOO!!!!!

Originally posted by waterfall View Post
              This may have been discussed here before, but I haven't been here in ,like, forever, but I always wondered what Kerry saw that convinced her that Jack was in love with Sam.
              It must have been something because he didn't deny it when she confronted him with it....maybey he was talking in his sleep or something...

waterfall
              WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Gatetrixer View Post
              If you insist on guttery, I always wondered why someone didn't comment on Sam's
              Spoiler:
              facial expression in Out of Mind, when they are back up against that wall. Or maybe someone did.
              once a long time ago I did a caption of that that involved the ever popular sidearm jokes.....I imagine it's probably in the shipper archives.....will probably have to dig for it

edit: gotta get to bed

(((((family))))

ttyl

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                Yes, you are probably right about that. But it's still the same- she heard rumors. Otherwise how would she know specifically about the Air Force- there are a lot of things that could be the problem. She happened to know the right one.

My guess is she would have stumbled around a lot more! And I also think one conversation wouldn't have settled the issue, either.

And you know what, about the "Jack should have thrown the ring across the room" post I made out there in the general Gateworld forum, I got greened for that and one positive followup comment so far from people I don't know, just to let you guys know there are a lot of closet shippers out there.
                We Are Not Alone
                I guess I never thought she'd heard rumors about them, just that the AF seemed like the most obvious thing that would keep them apart. Then again, people do talk.

Swoot for closet shippers! I think there's quite a few out there.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                  That would be fantastic! You should write a fic about it! You could do the perfect combination of angst and happy ending! Please?
                  Aw, geez.
                  You're so encouraging, all the time gater62. Except you're giving me a migraine with that unfinished fic of yours. Write faster, please!

I actually was looking for a short thing to write after the last two novellas I wrote, so that might be a fun one. Because I really think Jack did blow it. Like APA said about Threads- it could have been the end of the line for them. That's the only time I have ever actually been mad at Jack. (Well, that and the end of the Season 3 Episode which shall not be named.)
                  Last edited by VSS; 07 January 2008, 07:26 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

that's the nail on the head for me. no matter if they toned her down, she didn't belong on sg1. and in my opinion, she shouldn't have been a fulltime regular on the series. i don't dislike vala, i just think she doesn't belong. she's comic releaf, like maybourne or felger.

my otness is over.

sally
                    No kidding, I mean not only was she a wanted criminal, but she didn't have any real areas of expertise that would have helped SG-1. I think they were trying to find someone to replace Jack in the comic relief department.

I mean... er... look!
                    Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                      Astrology?

Carter, what's your sign?

- carter, what's your sign?

- well, if you were some guy trying to pick up on me, it would be 'stop'.

- me?

- 'employer entrance only'.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                        Morning Shippers!

Quick question...cuz I'm too lazy...and busy...atm to go look it up...does anyone remember who directed Continuum? Thanks!!!

Martin Wood! We LOOOOVVEEEE Martin Wood!!!

Comment

- me?

sally
                          Oh Sally! You give me a case of the giggles! Now I'm splashing in the gutter. Woohoo!!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post
                            No kidding, I mean not only was she a wanted criminal, but she didn't have any real areas of expertise that would have helped SG-1. I think they were trying to find someone to replace Jack in the comic relief department.

I mean... er... look!
                            http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7...1013744uk6.gif
                            Question: How long would Vala have been on SG-1 if Jack had been the CO of SGC?
                            Answer: However long it takes to dial the gate and get her the hell out of there.

- me?

sally
                            All right, that made even me blush!

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                              Glad everyone liked the captions. I can't wait to see what Bren does with "telescope" (hint hint).
                              Hmm... "Telescope", huh? Well, since y'all asked so nicely... I'll have a go at it...

One night while looking at the stars, Jack got a bright idea...

But try as he might, he just couldn't quite line up the telescope to see her...

He decided to try a bigger instrument, 'cause you know, bigger is better!

And what did he find when he was finally able to zoom in on his favorite star in the whole galaxy?

She was having the same bright idea!

Ok, not so guttery... what can I say, it was a lonnnngggg drive home today!
                              Love and hot fudge,
                              Bren Ren
                              ~
                              My stories!
                              ~

sigpic

Comment

- me?

sally
                                Employer Entrance Only!!!!

I'm embarrassed that it took me several times to read that before I got it, you'd think that since I was allready in the gutter after some of the great S/J fics I just got done reading my mind would have jumped there, but no. I'm good now though, allthough I'm still laughing.

RL OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Anyone else go back to school today? I was a little overwhelmed with my new classes. I know grad school is supposed to be tough, but my profs are out for blood!
                                sigpicsig by starlover1990 Thanks!
                                I ship Sam/Jack because "always" is a very long time and he'll "always" be there for her.

Sam/Jack-John/Teyla-Booth/Brennan
                                Danielle

Comment

Working...
                                X