X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
    Spoilers for Line In The Sand

Spoiler:
    I agree Rogue and we all know I'm not always one of the positive Shippers.The Fishing password means something and the D'oh.I'm getting a kick out of some who are saying the Shippers are reching again.I guess some are in denial again.
    Reaching? How can they say we're "reaching"? Honestly, some people can't see the forest for the trees...and that's why I stay away from the threads where they hang out, ses110.

The only other word she could have chosen that would have been as obvious as
    Spoiler:
    "fishing" is "ALWAYS."

Reaching? Not!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post

The only other word she could have chosen that would have been as obvious as
      Spoiler:
      "fishing" is "ALWAYS."

Reaching? Not!
      That would have sealed the deal. Period.

Comment

Major spoilers for The Road Not taken from another thread on the forum.Spoilers from AT and Alan Mccullough TV Zone 74

Spoiler:

Carter is trying to repair and refine the modifications that she made to the Arthur's Mantle device based on the malfunction in Line in the Sand when all of a sudden, and for no apparent reason, she's pulled into a parallet universe. Carter wakes up to discover that Major Lorne (Kavan Smith) from Atlantis is leading the SG1 team. There's no sign of Teal'c, Vala, Daniel or Mitchell, and in this particular reality, Earth is in a state of war. Upon her arival, Carther accidentally kills this reality's versio0n of Sam Carther, and ends up taking her place. As the story plays out, the Ori are about to attack and our Sam is immediately pressed into service to try to save this reality from the enemy, and in doing so then figure out a way back to her own reality.

The interesting thing about this episode is that, by Act Two, it goes off in a totally different direction. Carter has succeded in saving Earth and has become a celebrity. The rest of the story is mainly about her dealing with her new-found notoriety in a world that's so screwed up. So it becomes a very interesting character piece for Amanda Tapping, who did an excellent job. Because the rest of SG1 didn't exist in this reality - they only show up in a couple of scenes at the beginning and at the end - she had to pretty much carry the whole episode herself, and she was more than up to the challenge of that," praises Mccullough.

"My favourite episode this season is The Road Not Taken, an alternate reality type of story that is very topical as well.

It's basically about what happens if the Stargate programme was revealed, and in the case of this episode there is pandemonium, riots and international discord. Carter ends up in this reality that's facing imminent destruction by the Ori and she figures out a way to save them. In doing so, she becomes a hero of sorts for this planet, but an unwilling hero. Sam doesn't want to be the mouthpiece for this particular administration and its ideology, so she desperately tries to get herself out of this predicament. At one point, Carter runs into an alternate version of Mitchell, and Ben and I got to play this really cool, intense scene together. We get to see what happened to Mitchell after he decided to buck the system and stand up for his principles. We also look at Sam's relationship with an alternate Dr McKay [David Hewlett].

The episode is a fascinating take on how governments deal with social unrest and the kind of ego that this particular administration has. I don't want to sound like I'm getting up on my soapbox, but politically speaking a great deal of the story rang true to me. I thoroughly enjoyed working on it.

Oddly enough, the rest of the SG1 cast doesn't show up in the episode until the very end, but I got to do some scenes with Beau Bridges [Hank Landry] and Don Davis [General Hammond], who I absolutely love. It was amazing to have Don back with us, and I'll always treasure having worked with him again."

I was hoping The Shroud would be AT's favorite.I think it will probably be more about Jack and Daniel and Road Not Take was Sam heavy.I want The Shroud to be Sam heavy.

:-/

I worried about that little sentence there. Otherwise it sounds like a fantastic ep!
        my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

SES

Was that the Shippers are "reaching" or "reching"?

(runs and hides)
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
            :-/

I worried about that little sentence there. Otherwise it sounds like a fantastic ep!
            I agree with you about that sentence! It really gags me to think of them like....*gulps* that! I just got shivers down my spine...and not in a good way. YUCK!

I love Jack! I love Jack!
            This is great.
            I told ya.
            I can't believe we didn't do this years ago.
            Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Major spoilers for The Road Not taken from another thread on the forum.Spoilers from AT and Alan Mccullough TV Zone 74
              Spoiler:

Carter is trying to repair and refine the modifications that she made to the Arthur's Mantle device based on the malfunction in Line in the Sand when all of a sudden, and for no apparent reason, she's pulled into a parallet universe. Carter wakes up to discover that Major Lorne (Kavan Smith) from Atlantis is leading the SG1 team. There's no sign of Teal'c, Vala, Daniel or Mitchell, and in this particular reality, Earth is in a state of war. Upon her arival, Carther accidentally kills this reality's versio0n of Sam Carther, and ends up taking her place. As the story plays out, the Ori are about to attack and our Sam is immediately pressed into service to try to save this reality from the enemy, and in doing so then figure out a way back to her own reality.

The interesting thing about this episode is that, by Act Two, it goes off in a totally different direction. Carter has succeded in saving Earth and has become a celebrity. The rest of the story is mainly about her dealing with her new-found notoriety in a world that's so screwed up. So it becomes a very interesting character piece for Amanda Tapping, who did an excellent job. Because the rest of SG1 didn't exist in this reality - they only show up in a couple of scenes at the beginning and at the end - she had to pretty much carry the whole episode herself, and she was more than up to the challenge of that," praises Mccullough.

"My favourite episode this season is The Road Not Taken, an alternate reality type of story that is very topical as well.

It's basically about what happens if the Stargate programme was revealed, and in the case of this episode there is pandemonium, riots and international discord. Carter ends up in this reality that's facing imminent destruction by the Ori and she figures out a way to save them. In doing so, she becomes a hero of sorts for this planet, but an unwilling hero. Sam doesn't want to be the mouthpiece for this particular administration and its ideology, so she desperately tries to get herself out of this predicament. At one point, Carter runs into an alternate version of Mitchell, and Ben and I got to play this really cool, intense scene together. We get to see what happened to Mitchell after he decided to buck the system and stand up for his principles. We also look at Sam's relationship with an alternate Dr McKay [David Hewlett].

The episode is a fascinating take on how governments deal with social unrest and the kind of ego that this particular administration has. I don't want to sound like I'm getting up on my soapbox, but politically speaking a great deal of the story rang true to me. I thoroughly enjoyed working on it.

Oddly enough, the rest of the SG1 cast doesn't show up in the episode until the very end, but I got to do some scenes with Beau Bridges [Hank Landry] and Don Davis [General Hammond], who I absolutely love. It was amazing to have Don back with us, and I'll always treasure having worked with him again."

I was hoping The Shroud would be AT's favorite.I think it will probably be more about Jack and Daniel and Road Not Take was Sam heavy.I want The Shroud to be Sam heavy.
              Hmmmm.....kinda like Grace Under Pressure, part 2?

Comment

Hi there everyone...
                I've unfortunately been so preoccupied with RL that I haven't had time for SG1.... where are my priorities?

Anyway...I have a request from those good folk who know how to do shippy videos. Please make a nice shippy S/J video using Kathy Trocolli's song "If I'm Not In Love" from her self-titled CD. I love that album...every song makes me think of S&J!!!!

I don't have - or rather didn't have hope for a shippy S10 until I read a few things....but I still don't have my hopes up too high... IF & WHEN I see that BHK....then I'll be happy!

Oh yeah....and wouldn't it be great and horrible if when the show if finally over that TPTB & MGM would release new DVD sets with lots of behind the scene stuff! It'd be great...but I doubt hubby would encourage me to purchase an entire new set...and that would be just horrible. I bet there are some great out takes!.
                Last edited by GateSeeker2; 18 January 2007, 07:14 AM.
                This is great.
                I told ya.
                Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Line in the Sand:

Spoiler:

Oh boy. I think I have a new favorite episode.

SAM WHUMP + ANGST + SHIP = HAPPY HANNAH

First off, the whump! Sam really got blasted! AT did such a fabulous job of acting in this ep. It was almost painful for me to watch her be in such horrible pain.

The angst!! When Cam was telling her she wasn't going to die on that planet... that entire scene! *sob*

And ship!

Spoiler:

SSSSSSQQQQQQUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Oh my. That felt good.

Fishing! And d'oh! I agree with what everyone else has been saying! It's the most positive confirmation of ship that's happened!

All in all, fantastic ep! C'est magnifique!

I really liked the no spoiler thing. It killed me, but I'll do it for the Shroud as well.
                  my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

I have a feeling
                    Spoiler:
                    AU McKay and AU Sam were married.I have no doubt our Sam will show no interest in AU McKay.This is killing me for saying this but I would not be surprised if AU McKay kisses our Sam thinking it's AU Sam.I really hope I'm wrong.

Comment

nyone kno wats gonna happen with jackndsam cus she's gonna go off to atlantis?
                      Reminds me, that would be funny if mckay put the moves on her while jack was there, o sigh.
                      "ahh but birds of a feather"

Comment

You guys crack me up.....I really have missed you all. I just came out of lurkdom this week......I was very busy with work and other things. Hey, I'm moving from Illinois to Idaho in the begining of June.

Now before you all start cracking the jokes, let me get them out the way

1. Yes, I hope to meet Mr. Right, get married and have babies and no.....they will not be little Idaho potato spuds!

2. If Idaho...youdaho

PS- Finally saw LITS.....Loved the hints at our ship! No mistaking them

Happy Posting
                        Faithstars
                        It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          Hmmmm.....kinda like Grace Under Pressure, part 2?
                          Beurk!!! Hey guys...We all have to remember it's AU...no worries...There does not seem to have a Jack in that universe though...weird...I always thought J/S were together in most of the AUs we've come across...Let's wait and see...Can't wait for "The Shroud"...more scenes for my vids...

Speaking of which, I am currently uploading Jack's POV on my MGM channel...
                          I'll let you know the linky as soon as it's done...Sam's POV seems quite popular...I'm a happy camper...We shippers RULE!!!

Comment

I really hope that RDA will be interested in appearing in the movies! And, I guess TPTB mean a release date of next fall....not this fall? too bad.

Spoiler:
                            how will Sam being in Atlantis affect our S/J ship? It might not...and perhaps RDA will agree to a few more epis again for Atlantis's S4. Atlantis could make for some nice shippy scenes.... *sighs*
                            This is great.
                            I told ya.
                            Well, let's not dwell.

Comment

Originally posted by iheartjackandsam View Post
                              nyone kno wats gonna happen with jackndsam cus she's gonna go off to atlantis?
                              Reminds me, that would be funny if mckay put the moves on her while jack was there, o sigh.
                              Welcome iheartjackandsam!!!!!

SSSSQQQUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
                              Welcome to GW and to our thread!
                              Spoiler:
                              I think Sam will be on her own ship or use the Intergalactic Bridge, meaning she can be back in our galaxy in no time. I have no worries about the ship, because they are sooooooooo married in my little universe!

Curses! I have no green left.

Comment

It's unbelievable sg-1fanintn.I might not like something or want to see that something but I'm not going to deny it exists.I'm not sure if I'm making sense? I try to stay away from certain threads but I still notice Anti Sam/Jack comments on threads I do not expect those comments to appear.One of the biggest reasons I want to see the Sam/Jack resolution is for the people who insist Sam/Jack have no romantic feelings for each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X