This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hopalong
    Here's a question that's probably really really obvious, but I honestly can't remember. Did Sam ever find out that Pete had checked up on her? (apart from turning up at the stakeout)
    I don't think so. Not unless Pete told her himself offscreen. Did Hammond or Jack find out about it? Hammond might have said something to her if he did, I don't know about Jack.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by hopalong
      Here's a question that's probably really really obvious, but I honestly can't remember. Did Sam ever find out that Pete had checked up on her? (apart from turning up at the stakeout)
      Well, he did
      Spoiler:
      say this to her: You didn’t run away when I stalked you. I don't know if he's referring to just the stakeout or if she knew about the background check. Either way, he's a stalker, and you should never date stalkers!

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
        I don't think so. Not unless Pete told her himself offscreen. Did Hammond or Jack find out about it?
        What I would have loved to see was Jack finding out and getting upset. I mean, ship aside, he and Sam are friends, and I'd be concerned if my friend was dating someone like that. Then he'd get the boys together and they'd go scare Pete off. I think I read a fic like that once.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
          Well, he did
          Spoiler:
          say this to her: You didn’t run away when I stalked you. I don't know if he's referring to just the stakeout or if she knew about the background check. Either way, he's a stalker, and you should never date stalkers!

That's something I have never understood!!! Sam is one of the most brilliant women on the planet and yet she goes out with a guy who followed her! I've always thought that if he followed her there who's to say he didn't follow her to other places!

She openly admitted that she "always had a soft spot for the lunatic fringe" but this was rediculous! If she was smart enough to get away from Jonas, why didn't she get away from Pete? Plus there is the fact that she was younger when she got engaged to Jonas. She's leaning on forty. You'd think she would have learned from past mistakes!

This is one reason why I think that Pete did damage to Sam's character.

Sorry for the long post...

Spoiler:
          Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
            That's something I have never understood!!! Sam is one of the most brilliant women on the planet and yet she goes out with a guy who followed her! I've always thought that if he followed her there who's to say he didn't follow her to other places!

She openly admitted that she "always had a soft spot for the lunatic fringe" but this was rediculous! If she was smart enough to get away from Jonas, why didn't she get away from Pete? Plus there is the fact that she was younger when she got engaged to Jonas. She's leaning on forty. You'd think she would have learned from past mistakes!

I guess she was desperate. Otherwise, I just can't figure it out.

Comment

What I would have loved to see was Jack finding out and getting upset. I mean, ship aside, he and Sam are friends, and I'd be concerned if my friend was dating someone like that. Then he'd get the boys together and they'd go scare Pete off. I think I read a fic like that once.
              Jack could always send Teal'c to have a little talk with Pete.

Comment

Jack could always send Teal'c to have a little talk with Pete.
                A little talk...hehe...he.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar

I think that Sam needed the relationship to work out, after "Grace" she was doing her best to make herself move on and maybe subconsciously she was afraid that if she ended the relationship with Pete so early on, she'd be right back where she started; loving a man she thought that she could never have.

I'd say that she was ignoring her own misgivings because she didn't want the relationship to fail.

While I'm not surprised that Jack didn't say anything - I think that he was uncomfortable with how much it bothered him to see Sam dating anybody else - I'm surprised that Teal'c, Daniel or Janet didn't say anything after "Chimera".

Janet and Teal'c were at least partly aware of her feelings for Jack and I don't see Daniel as being clueless about it.

Comment

I'd say that she was ignoring her own misgivings because she didn't want the relationship to fail.
                    I agree. I think she was so determined to make it work she overlooked things. She was desperate for a successful relationship, to try and move on, and maybe prove to herself she could do it. She gave it a good shot, but there's only one man for her!

While I'm not surprised that Jack didn't say anything - I think that he was uncomfortable with how much it bothered him to see Sam dating anybody else - I'm surprised that Teal'c, Daniel or Janet didn't say anything after "Chimera".
                    See, I wish we'd seen more of everyone else's reactions to that whole situation.

Comment

i think it would have been great to see an convo, between janet or daniel and sam, i mean they have known for years that sam and jack have feelings for each other,so for sam to suddenly take up with someone like pete right out of the blue would surely have made them want to have a heart to heart with sam to find out why. i know i would if it was my mate, but then again maybe im just nosey!

sig made by Samjackshiplover
                      http://www.myspace.com/docker22

Comment

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry
                        Pure speculation here:

I was just reading the synopsis on Ripple effect on GW and two things striked me odd:

In the black team's universe, all Jaffa were united under Bra'tac after the defeat of the Goa'uld and the Replicators at Dakara ("Reckoning, Part 2"). *Carter was married, though we do not know to whom.*

&

In the brown camo team's universe, Martouf and Janet are members of SG-1 along with Colonel Mitchell and Daniel Jackson. Samantha Carter and Martouf previously had a relationship, and he even joined the Stargate Program on Earth to be closer to her. They lived together for some time, but their romantic relationship ended and *now she is with someone else -- though Martouf didn't tell her who. She is also on maternity leave from the S.G.C.*

Could it be she's with Jack? In both AU, like she was in TBFtGoG & PoV??

BTW, plse let me know what you think of my new vid...It holds a special place in my heart since it is dedicated to my friend Claire who has just been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be operated on June 22nd to remove the nasty thingy and will have to go through radiotherapy afterwards...
                        I wish her the best and pray all will be ok...
                        LOL...
                        That's what I thought when I saw it.

My hopes and prayers go with you and your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by docker22
                          i think it would have been great to see an convo, between janet or daniel and sam, i mean they have known for years that sam and jack have feelings for each other,so for sam to suddenly take up with someone like pete right out of the blue would surely have made them want to have a heart to heart with sam to find out why. i know i would if it was my mate, but then again maybe im just nosey!
                          I agree. It should have sent up red flags to her friends. TPTB could have handled the whole thing better.

I must remember that mate means friend! I had images of The Broca Divide running through my head!

Comment

She gave it a good shot, but there's only one man for her!
                            At least Pete helped her see that... although I'm pretty sure that he didn't intend to.

See, I wish we'd seen more of everyone else's reactions to that whole situation.
                            I wonder if there are any fanfics showing that. Somebody should have sat Sam, Jack and Pete (individually) down for a little chat - Teal'c, Janet and Daniel could have tackled one each.

Comment

I agree. It should have sent up red flags to her friends. TPTB could have handled the whole thing better.

I must remember that mate means friend! I had images of The Broca Divide running through my head!
                              im glad im not the only one, when i typed it my mind went off on its own little journey, and i was going to change it to friends, but i thought nah, its only me with the naughty thoughts, lol.

i really do wish TPTB had handled it a lot better, i mean i've got nothing against the actor himself, but pete was just a really weak seeming character and sam is so strong that i just cant see why she would have been attracted to him, although he was the opposite of jack, so maybe thats what she needed at that point. and then bringing kerry in finally showed her what she was missing. sorry if i rambled in there.

sig made by Samjackshiplover
                              http://www.myspace.com/docker22

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                                :[/center]

I mentioned before that the smudge in the picture of AT/RDA was on the picture...it wasn't my bad photography....honest!
                                How cool is that pic. Are there any more like that one?? The dress is quite pretty too - pity I already had my wedding...13 years ago!!
                                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X