Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick flyby post (I don't have time to catch up today on the ...18!!! pages) with a fic rec

A Pond With No Fish by Rachel500

It's an alternative S9 - check it out, I've really enjoyed it. Still a couple of chapters to go, but the 25 already there should keep you going for a while
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome Trooper.1, Dr,Jackson
      and Welcome back sueKay

hope leslie hermnharry I'll look at your vid later, I'm at work at the moment. Give our best wishes to your friend, it's a good sign that she got an early diagnosis.

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
        Exactly. I agree. You can try to find some logic if you look hard enough, rather its far fetched or not, in almost anything, but I can't find any logic in Sam saying yes.
        I think what made up Sam's mind up and saying yes to Potato Head was when she asked Jack "What if the Stargate program never existed where would you be" and he said "I wouldn't be Here". I think she took it, as meaning, with Sara and never meeting Sam. Then at that point who knows if Sam would have been married with kids etc.etc.etc.. But what I think he meant is, he would be dead because in the original movie he was about to blow his brains out because of Charlie's death. Sam missed the impotance of the Stargate program in Jack's life, it saved him. Also,it seemed from the movie he was already breaking up with Sara. So because of the Stargate program he was able to meet another love of his life which I feel is more important to him then the first and make great friends. But they both missed read each other and history was made. The way even with best relationships" misunderstanding" because feeling are very sensitive and if you don't state something in clear terms, so that the other person understands you 100%, it will back fire. I'm married 22 years and know my husband 27 years, I know what I'm saying.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          I think what made up Sam's mind up and saying yes to Potato Head was when she asked Jack "What if the Stargate program never existed where would you be" and he said "I wouldn't be Here". I think she took it, as meaning, with Sara and never meeting Sam. Then at that point who knows if Sam would have been married with kids etc.etc.etc.. But what I think he meant is, he would be dead because in the original movie he was about to blow his brains out because of Charlie's death. Sam missed the impotance of the Stargate program in Jack's life, it saved him. Also,it seemed from the movie he was already breaking up with Sara. So because of the Stargate program he was able to meet another love of his life which I feel is more important to him then the first and make great friends. But they both missed read each other and history was made. The way even with best relationships" misunderstanding" because feeling are very sensitive and if you don't state something in clear terms, so that the other person understands you 100%, it will back fire. I'm married 22 years and know my husband 27 years, I know what I'm saying.
          yeah but still you can interpret what he says. I mean it is also some kind of saying I am glad I am now here cause otherwise I would never had met you. So if she tought of it in that way... she would had never said yes to Pete. she would IMO said to Pete that it is to early or that she didn't love him (what she obviosly doesn't do). And she would have waited for Jack cause he told her in a subtle way that he is glad that he met her.
          But I really think the main reason that she said yes is because she thougt that was her 'escape' for a normal life with a family.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
            yeah but still you can interpret what he says. I mean it is also some kind of saying I am glad I am now here cause otherwise I would never had met you. So if she tought of it in that way... she would had never said yes to Pete. she would IMO said to Pete that it is to early or that she didn't love him (what she obviosly doesn't do). And she would have waited for Jack cause he told her in a subtle way that he is glad that he met her.
            But I really think the main reason that she said yes is because she thougt that was her 'escape' for a normal life with a family.
            Absolutely, you're right he should have said something that would have said "Wait for me, I still want to be with you" but he didn't and she saw it as meaning move on. Jack assumed she understood how he felt about her and was acting like Jack because now he was hurt because she's showing him an engagement ring from someone else and asking him what to do. He should have said over my dead body and kissed her hard and long but TPTB wouldn't have done that. But the scene does mirror real life pretty well because when you ASSUME you make an A-- out of YOU and ME.
            sigpic

Comment

Just had to get the family off page two!

Bucky

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky
                Just had to get the family off page two!

Bucky
                what it was on page 2???? well that can we not allow so here is a nice pic...

Carter thinking: ow just look at that face... he does look nice in every perspective

Comment

"I wouldn't be Here" scene was so vague and I have watched it many times.
                  It's unusual for Jack, he's normally a straight talker, but not when it comes to Sam and personal stuff, he screws up big time.

You are right trupi, it does mirror real life, we all get the wrong end of the stick alot of the time.

Comment

Carter thinking: ow just look at that face... he does look nice in every perspective
                    LOL, Thats so cute.

I'm supposed to be working.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
                      "I wouldn't be Here" scene was so vague and I have watched it many times.
                      It's unusual for Jack, he's normally a straight talker, but not when it comes to Sam and personal stuff, he screws up big time.

You are right trupi, it does mirror real life, we all get the wrong end of the stick alot of the time.
                      I watched that scene a thousand times too and still... nothing!
                      What the h*** did that mean?

I understand Sam for saying yes. The guy (Jack) didn't say anything, because what Sam meant with the 'What about you' was clear IMO. I was holding my breath anyway. You could see Jack's pain as a watcher. Sam was obvious to that, first because she's not an expert what's considering heart problems and she was struggling with her feelings too at the same time.

Just a phonecall away there was a man who wanted to marry her FCOL. To have a future with her. The whole family thing. Jack stood there and it reminded her of the thing she could never have with him. It was clear neither of them wanted to retire atm. Sam took the chance of her life so to speak.

What she couldn't reach (Jack) was hurting her. I think she never was in love with Pete. Does she loves the guy? Yeah sure. But those two feelings are not the same. She mixed those up. Thinking (or hoping) those 2 feelings were the same.

She's in love with Jack. She loved Pete. One moved towards her, the other not. What would you have chosen if you were a woman who craved for love and attention? Who wanted to have a life outside that mountain? Who could feel her clock ticking? All feelings put together, the decision was logical. Not right but logical.

Comment

Man he's cute!(sigh)

OK snapping out of Jack induced haze....
                        I noticed that quite a few of us have long happy marriages to use as an example of what could be for Sam and Jack.
                        I'm wondering what is the RL ship status of the writers and TPTB?
                        No specifics please. I'm just wondering why do they find it so hard to write "The Ship" into the story and think that it would be less interesting.
                        No RL experience to go by?

Speaking of RL, got to go pick up a son!
                        Rocketgal

Comment

She's in love with Jack. She loved Pete. One moved towards her, the other not. What would you have chosen if you were a woman who craved for love and attention? Who wanted to have a life outside that mountain? Who could feel her clock ticking? All feelings put together, the decision was logical. Not right but logical.
                          I totally agree! As much has I despise Pete, I did find it an interesting character insight of Sam to see just how conflicted she was about how she thought she wanted to live her life and what she was/was not willing to do or sacrifice in order to get it. She underwent some major soul searching.
                          I also think it was nice to show a non-perfect side to her character. She excels in so many areas of her life, but her personal relationships have been a challenge. But FCOL, she's suffered enough now... time to make Sam a happy camper! ::

Comment

Does anyone has a short fanfic? and that is really cute and romantic...

Comment

Also does anyone have a Humour Sam/Jack fic?

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm... I think this one is really cute, but really short too.

Info:

Title: Blue Eyes

Author: sourjellybeans56

Genre: Romance

Pairing: Sam/Jack

Rating: K

Summary: Jack thinks about Sam’s eyes.

Edit => you may not like the end

Comment

Working...
                                X