Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Lizlove for the fic recs, just finished reading them.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
      Yeah I never got that one myself... how is it possible that she would be engaged with Jonas? he doesn't have the looks like O'neill (he doesn't have a look at all) He is crazy and wants to rule everything
      but maybe he was different before he went to that planet? but I don't know... I mean you can not change that much in a few years
      but she gave back the ring for that reason so...
      See the conversation they have in the ep:

CARTER: Sounds familiar.

JACKSON: Which part?

CARTER: He likes control.

JACKSON: Oh. What did you see in him?

CARTER: I don't know. I guess I've always had a soft spot for the lunatic fringe. He was...he was charming.

JACKSON: That's good, charming is good.

CARTER: I don't know. I should be more surprised by this then I am, but I'm not. You know, he had this in him, Daniel. Too many years of Black Ops.

JACKSON: Well that's typical of are government's evaluation of solders. The crazier they are, the more extreme situation they seem to be put in to.

CARTER: He wasn't happy when I broke off the engagement, but he seemed like he really pulled himself together when we met up a Stargate Command.

I just think she left him because he seemed to become real crazy. And what she said about the soft spot for the lunatic fringe? Does that mean she went with someone like that before Jonas?

Jack can be an a$$ too. He did black ops and he has a dark side. Just think about the movie and some eps where he lost control. She's attracted to such men and she can't control it. Sam is a very caring person and she wants what's best for everyone. Maybe she wants to heal such persons? Who knows?

She did quit Jonas because he was a lost cause but she herself said he had seemed to have changed. Maybe she did succeed at saving him from himself.

Jack changed a lot because of SG1 and I like to think Sam had a big part in it with those beautiful blue eyes.
      She likes danger in a way, even unconsiously.
      Pete wasn't enough

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db
        That scene in Grace where jack says "Excuse me?' coz she calls him Jack really erks me! Regs schmegs...they're still friends and they nearly lost her and he has to respond like that - what a dill!!
        In fairness to Jack, Sam almost never calls him by his first name. She's always careful about protocol and formalities. The last time Sam called him Jack while lying in the infirmary, it was an alternate version of her.

He was surprised and, given her concussion, maybe even a bit worried. I don't think that he was reminding her to stick to the formalities, but Sam thought that he was.

I just wish that he'd said "It's me" or "welcome back to the land of the living" or anything that didn't come across as a reminder that she wasn't supposed to call him by his first name.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
          "I wouldn't be Here" scene was so vague and I have watched it many times.
          It's unusual for Jack, he's normally a straight talker, but not when it comes to Sam and personal stuff, he screws up big time.

You are right trupi, it does mirror real life, we all get the wrong end of the stick alot of the time.
          I'd say that, under other circumstances he might have suggested that if it had been two weeks since Pete had asked and she couldn't say "Yes", maybe she wasn't ready to take that step with him or maybe she didn't want to.

I'd say that that would have been what he would have said to another female friend if she had posed the same question but where Sam was concerned, he might have been afraid of letting his own feelings colour his answer, afraid that the real reason he wanted to recommend that she say "no" because he didn't want to lose her, rather than because it was what was right for her. He didn't want to block her chance at happiness so he tried to encourage her.

"I wouldn't be here" could be interpretted in many ways. Jack could have meant that if things had been different, if they hadn't decided to leave it in the room, he would have retired and not been at the SGC anymore.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

a girl and a guy can just be friends,
            but at one point they will fall for each other,

maybe temporarily...

maybe at the wrong time....

maybe too late...

or maybe FOREVER.

(Sam and Jack? Which one are they or are they none...)
            THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
              See the conversation they have in the ep:

CARTER: Sounds familiar.

JACKSON: Which part?

CARTER: He likes control.

JACKSON: Oh. What did you see in him?

CARTER: I don't know. I guess I've always had a soft spot for the lunatic fringe. He was...he was charming.

JACKSON: That's good, charming is good.

CARTER: I don't know. I should be more surprised by this then I am, but I'm not. You know, he had this in him, Daniel. Too many years of Black Ops.

JACKSON: Well that's typical of are government's evaluation of solders. The crazier they are, the more extreme situation they seem to be put in to.

CARTER: He wasn't happy when I broke off the engagement, but he seemed like he really pulled himself together when we met up a Stargate Command.

<snip>

I love that scene!! The camera goes back to Jack when Sam says she's always had a soft spot for the lunatic fringe! And I think Daniel may glance back at him when he's talking about crazy soldiers, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                I love that scene!! The camera goes back to Jack when Sam says she's always had a soft spot for the lunatic fringe! And I think Daniel may glance back at him when he's talking about crazy soldiers, but I'm not sure.
                Do you mean this:
                And this:

I noticed and loved that part too.

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                  Something someone said a few pages back about her having a soft spot for the lunatic fringe got me to thinking. (OK, no cracks, please ) I think TPTB made their first mistake with the ship back in season 1 with The Ten Commandments when they had her formerly engaged to Jonas Hansen. I never understood why they had to go that far with their past relationship. IMO, they could have fulfilled the requirements of the episode just as effectively if he had been an acquaintance of hers from the academy or someone she had worked with at the Pentagon or someplace else.

It really bugged me even back then that they had to make her engaged to that loser. She was so smart and tough and capable and nice and everything else - it was totally unncessary to give her that kind of baggage. It's like they sowed the seeds for her relationship with Pete way back at the beginning.
                  I totally understand the possibility of her being engaged to Jonas. My guess is that when she was younger she went for the lunatic fringe as a way of lashing out at her father. She obviously has a rebellious streak or else she wouldn't be a leather-clad motorcycle rider. It was easy for her to take that just a little further and date guys her father hated. Another thing, they are extremely charming. That is part of the attraction. Then there's the whole "all he needs is the love of a good woman" syndrome. If she's just good enough and sweet enough to him then he'll become the model of sexy smouldering danger and passion. That is a potent and intoxicating mix for someone with any sort of sense of something to prove. Trust me on this. I know all too well. And they weave guilt and promises of betterment if you will just love them a little more and give them another chance. It becomes a challange to make them a better person. Who is the last person to walk away from a challenge?

If she is lucky, like Sam and me, she'll wake up and smell the event horizon and get the heck out of Netu. Look at Jack, he's part of the lunatic fringe. He's just found a way to channel it. You don't get into black ops without some sort of hitch in your wiring. That's not a condemnation or judgement, just a statment of observed fact. So she's not exactly changed her pattern. Pete is another example. Plain clothes police officer? None of these guys are accountants who drive mini-vans. This was a long way around to saying that I was not the least bit surprised that she was engaged to him. I was glad she never married him.

As for the "I wouldn't be here" I always took that to mean that if things were different for him, he'd be with her and not in the situation of having to discuss her possible engagement to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                    Do you mean this:
                    And this:

I noticed and loved that part too.
                    That's them!
                    What a cute scene! I wonder if Jack was just ignoring them or if he was actually oblivious to their conversation...

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                      That's them!
                      What a cute scene! I wonder if Jack was just ignoring them or if he was actually oblivious to their conversation...
                      He was listening IMO... innocently
                      He isn't as dense as he likes us to think!

Comment

look mirroring again hehehe!

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
                          "I wouldn't be Here" scene was so vague and I have watched it many times.
                          It is very vague and can be interpreted many ways.
                          Spoiler:
                          At first, I thought it meant I wouldn't be here if I still had a family. I mean Sam was throwing out all these issues about family life at the time. But then, after watching it again, by the look on his face, I think he meant that if things had been different, he wouldn't still be there, he'd be with her. But they both knew that couldn't happen, so he didn't stop her. He would rather her have someone than be alone. Maybe he truly thought she loved Pete, and just wanted her to be happy. I don't know. I think the commentary says something about leaving the scene open for speculation, and boy, do we speculate!

Comment

Originally posted by docker22
                            did you see how their both fiddling? i know thats kind of a jack thing, but maybe thats another mirroring? what do you think?
                            isn't mirroring great?! And of course any subtle (or lack of subtleness) that the shippy is on screen ehehe

I was watching The Light and I mean of course the shippyness is there but I like the moment in the light room when Carter is still focusing on the light and Jack turns her around to get her attention *shippy sigh*

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                              She's in love with Jack. She loved Pete. One moved towards her, the other not. What would you have chosen if you were a woman who craved for love and attention? Who wanted to have a life outside that mountain? Who could feel her clock ticking? All feelings put together, the decision was logical. Not right but logical.
                              That makes a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                                yeah but still you can interpret what he says. I mean it is also some kind of saying I am glad I am now here cause otherwise I would never had met you. So if she tought of it in that way... she would had never said yes to Pete. she would IMO said to Pete that it is to early or that she didn't love him (what she obviosly doesn't do). And she would have waited for Jack cause he told her in a subtle way that he is glad that he met her.
                                But I really think the main reason that she said yes is because she thougt that was her 'escape' for a normal life with a family.
                                Yep I took it as a shippy moment when he said "I wouldn't be here"......cue me going "awwwwwwwwwwww" and anyone near me being completely confused as I am the only Stargate fan in the household

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Working...
                                X