This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    Hope the oil depot explosion was accidental and not sabotaged. Guys lets move forward and ignore producers and writers comments to us. They are not happy with us because we are rocking the boat and we must have made a wave. If we didn't they wouldn't even be commenting about us! Just sent you Santa want list encare of TPTB. Send postcards and Christmas cards sending your Christmas greetings and your wants for season 10. That would be hilarious when they get bags of Christmas cards with request from shippers!
    Greart idea Trupi. If any UK shippers want to send Christmas cards, the final posting date for them to get to the USA on time is tomorrow (12th).

Sam & Jack-Always
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      Do you mean there is a Carter doll before those talked about now on GW? I think Pierre Bernard asked AT about "when will there be a Carter doll?" That was on one of the lowdowns, but not the version the UK got, I think. Wonder if the nodding head doll is official.
      Probably not official. Have you ever seen the Osbourne nodding head dolls? They're a bit like that, but Gate ones. I liked it, anyway. Doesn't matter if it's official or not. I'll see if I can find a pic online.
      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        there was a recent con in germany called 'german city con' (duh ). anyways, peter, david, and michael deluise were in attendance. someone finally put up a transcript of it, but it's in german and the translation of it is atrocious.

here's the link from the site that has the transcript: http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=339
        Hey Sally. I'm a French/German/Dutch linguistics student. I'll do a quick translation for you.

The theme of this year's Citycon in Fuerth was "Into The Fire" and that's exactly what happened: good humour spreading like wildfire, loads of fun and sleepless nights! With guests including Corin Nemec, Gary Jones, David Deluise, Michael Deluise and Peter Deluise, the Citycon was able to light up the sky as well as any of the larger Stargate Conventions. The pyramid Hotel in Fuerth played host to the event and was the perfect location for it.

This was my first ever convention. It was by surfing on the net that I came across the German City Con homepage (www.germancitycon.de) and found out that is was taking place in Fuerth. As my girlfriend and I ldon't live too far away, in February 2005, we booked 2 VIP tickets. I was always a sci fi and a Stargate fan. She came to Stargate through me and liked it, but we had no idea what would await us at a convention. Of course, there's loads of things on the internet or in magazines about star appearances, signings and so on, but what you really take home with you afterwards is something you won't know until you experience it for yourself.

With high expectations, we went to the lobby of the Pyramid Hotel at 19.00and were shocked to find how many people were already there, ready to be let into the Restaurant Setos where the VIP party would take place. Everywhere you looked there were fans in costumes: in air force and stargate base uniforms, atlantis uniforms, I even saw Hathor and a Goa'uld. I couldn't help but wonder at the time and the work that these fans invested in such things.
        To get our tickets we had to wait in a long queue of waiting fans (apparently quite a normal thing at conventions, as we later found out) and once we got them, we were made comfortable at a table in the restaurant. The number of VIP tickets was limited to 200, so it didn't take long until all those taking part had picked up their tickets and the restaurant filled with life.
        On our table were six other Stargate-Fans (3 couples) who already knew each other from the last German City Con, soon the conversation topic of choice. They explained to us how conventions usually worked, where they came from, what they did and you already got the impression how the Germany City Con was it's own friendly and open little world. It has the feeling of a great big family, where you instantly feel included.

So, at about 21:00, the invited stars came into the restaurant and the fans broke into applause. The celebrities went round the individual tables, talking to fans, answering questions and generally creating a great atmosphere.

The first star to reach our table was Michael DeLuise, who played Colonel Danning in the 100th episode "Wormhole Xtreme".. He told us that it was his first time at a convention in Germany and he was really excited about it. As well as that, he was happy to be in Germany, because he could see his brothers, who he doesn't often get to see because of work.

Because I haven't spoken English in a long time, and because I was quite nervous, I stuttered out my first question. I asked him if we'd seem him more often in Gilmore Girls and what it was like to work with Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. He was pleased with these questions, and replied that he's worked on seven or eight seasons of Gilmore Girls and he's had loads of fun doing it. He loved working with the leading and said that Lauren Graham wasn't just so chaotic and funny on screen, but also off screen. He told us that they laughed all the time on set.
        He stayed with us another minute or so, told us about his experience on the Stargate set and working with his brother Peter Deluise. Although you're not allowed to take photos on private cameras at the VIP party, there were disposable cameras on every table that you could use during the evening and download pictures later from the City Con homepage. We took a few photos, then Michael said goodbye and wished us a pleasant evening.

Sorry, will work on next part now. don't want to post it all at once, because it's pretty hefty.

Comment

Originally Posted by parsifal
          Don't know if these are all the relevant parties, but it's a start. (Thanks to Melyanna for the list.)

Stargate Productions
          2400 Boundary Road
          Burnaby, B.C.
          V5M 3Z3
          Canada

The Sci-Fi Channel
          Attn: Bonnie Hammer, President
          30 Rockefeller Plaza
          New York, NY 10112

The Sci-Fi Channel
          Attn: Mr. Dave Howe, General Manager
          30 Rockefeller Plaza
          New York, NY 10112
          Viewer comment line: (212) 413-5000
          Fax: (212) 413-6531

Here are some address you can send your lovely Christmas cards to. Please fill with shippy wishes!
          sigpic

Comment

An example of a Christmas card:
            Happy Christmas to Brad Wright

May your Christmas be filled with Shippy Thoughts!
            sigpic

Comment

Pt 2:

It wasn't long before Gary Jones came to us. Although the gang and I were sat with backs against the wall, I asked if he'd like to sit down. He said that he preferred to stand, seeing as he'd spent so long standing up in the aeroplane, then suddenly shook his head and screamed straight into my face "Now, Get your ass up!" and grinned. That was a random moment and we all had to laugh.
              Once the seating arrangements had been discussed, he told us that the name "Walter" actually came from RDA's account (see episode 416, 2010). Until this moment, noone had given him a first name. The name Harriman actually came, unwillingly, from Don S. Davis, who once said "Airman, we'll need all the help we can get out there." But noone could understand him because of his accent. Everyone asked, "Did he just say Harriman?" and that became his last name, although later it became more common to refer to him as "Norman Davis". Gary Jones was unaware for a long time that in scriptbooks, his character was no longer referred to as "technician" but "Walter Harriman". He said that when it just said "technician" in the script, it was a line anyone could say. Now it says "Walter Harriman" he knows that it's his role.
              He went on to say that it was also his first time in Germany doing a convention and that he loves the German language and would love to learn a little German during his time at the Con.
              Also it grates on Gary that he's still not had the chance to go through the gate. Peter DeLuise once told him that he had an off-world mission and Jonas asked if he could finally go through gate. Peter Deluise refused, "No, too expensive. We'll just see you there." Andwith that, the issue was resolved, according to Deluise.
              Then he told us that when Peter Deluise directs an episode, his scenes, where he has them, should play liek a Captain Kirk scene, because he can do an unbelievable good impression. Gary has made a video that is often shown at conventrions, where he plays William Shatner. It's called "William Shatner Lent Me His Hairpiece - An Untrue Story".
              We quickly took a couple of pics with the camera and then Gary said goodbye and wished us lots of fun at the convention.

The next celebrity guest, who was literally thrown onto us, was Peter Deluise, a guy who must be powered by a ZPM somewhere in his body. He introduced himself, shook everyone's hand and surprised us all with how much weight he'd lost. He was at last year's CityCon, but in those days he was adding a few more pounds to the scales. He doesn't look like he does on the Silver-DVD-Box Sets translator note: German Special Edition. Have holograms on the front, he looks about half that size. We asked him about it and he explained that he'd spent a lot of time in the gym and hadn't been eating bread or sugar, and that it took a lot of will power.
              He said that he loves coming to conventions, because the fan reactions are important to him, and that we should be the first people TPTB think of. He was also really happy that he could see his brothers again, and that they'd all be able to have a fun filled weekend together with also these happy people.
              He told us about Stargate, about what he gets up to on set, that he likes everyone to have fun and that everyone laughs loads.
              We took a few snapshots and he said goodbye. We wished us all the best, and just as soon as he arrived on our table, he had left. What a Whirlwind!

Comment

heya guys!! How are you al! I've made a music vid! PLease check it out and tell me what you think!
                It's very obviously Sam and Jack!
                I can't help falling in love with you

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UITDIEEJ

You'll be directed to a page iwth a box that says wiat 50 seconds thenm you'll be alowed to download it! xxx

Comment

Pt 3: Sorry bout this, but it was asked for!

There was still plenty of time for David Deluise and Corin Nemec. But it was quite a time before Corin Nemec, or "Corky" as his friends and family call him, came to us. He also introducaed himself and shook everyone's hand. He asked how we were and wanted to know if we'd been to conventions before. We talked about our expectations, wishes and about fans, and about personal stuff to.
                  He thought it was cool that my girlfriend and I only took 20 minutes to get here. He also wanted to know if we'd been to the Nuremburg Christmas Market and whether it was worth him going or not.
                  We asked him if he liked German and what he'd done so far. He likes Germany, that's why he keeps on coming back. Corin said that they had visited the old town centre of Rothenburg, and had seen the middleage museum of crime, where you can see lots of diverse stuff about prisons and punishments, and that he personally can't understand how people can be so horrible to others.
                  He was also asked whether he would reprise his role as Jonas Quinn in Stargate, if he was given the chance. He said that he'd love to go back to Stargate, but with a grin acknowledged that as long as Daniel was still alive, there'd be no place on the show for him.
                  "Corky" loved working at Stargate and is happy to have been a part of it, but is also proud of the work he has done since then and how he has developped. He has just finished filmin two films - "The American Standards" with James Brolin and Joanna Cassidy and "Nice Guys" with David Faustino, Jason Mewes and Edward Furlong amongst others.
                  On another table, someone had given Corin mistletoe, so he went round the table and kissed all the ladies and wished us all the best for the future.
                  Our turn was over, we took a few pictures and Corin said goodbye.

Last but not least - David DeLuise. He is also a ball of energy, a comedian through and through and chaming at the same time. He actually spent the weekend collecting the room numbers of various girls, making his brother Michael laugh and irritating Peter. My girlfriend and I had something in common with him: the German CityCon was his first ever, and he hadn't the foggiest what to expect.
                  He came to the table, greeted us and his first question was, "Who hated me as Pete Shannahan?" And one of the women on the table must have hated him, because he knew it instantly from her look. He said he had had to endure the look far too often that evening. He apologised for playing the role and said that he had often experienced that because of his role as Pete, all Shippers seemed to hate him.
                  We asked him what he hoped for from the convention. He wanted to have fun with his brothers, and if he could please the fans, that was a great bonus. He was really excited to be able to meet new people.
                  I asked him what it was like to be able to kiss Amanda Tapping. And he began to melt. He loved being able to work with her. Before the kiss scenes, he and Amanda used to chat, because he wanted (on a professional level, of course!) to help Amanda feel more comfortable. "I'll turn my head right, you turn yours left? Tongues - yes or no?" And she gave him the biggest compliment in certain scenes, when, after several takes, it was good and finished, and she asked if they could do it just once more. Obviously she just couldn't resist the way he kissed her!
                  Because it was getting late, and David still had a few tables to visit, we quickly took our last photos and said goodbye, thanking him for the evening. On that note, the VIP party was over for us, and we went, somewhat unwillingly, back home.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    you and i have talked about the troi/riker relay privately, but i just wanted to say 'here' YEP! the next gen writers waited too long, and i (and i think) many fans lost some interest. i really, really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want the sg1 writers to do this with sam/jack.

sally

Looks like it's gone that way or even worse Sally At least Troi and Riker and Same for Harm and Mac had a lot of scenes together until the very end !!! ..getting to a get together and it was still shippy ...and they did

Where is the Sam and Jack ship in season 9 SG1?!! All gone and it's so pathetic that I don't even really care now ...surely I'm not the only one who don't care anymore !!! the problem with Sam and Jack and TPTB is that they ignore the ship completely which is wrong ..No other show did that when the ship was a beautiful love story as a sideline . I actually watched "Lifeline" from JAG las night and what a shippy episode that was !!. Such a treat for the shippers because nothing was ambiguous ...it was Love on screen and the kiss was real

The most beautiful ship in SG1 has been sabotaged by the power to be ..That's a fact and it's very sad as most shippers have now moved on to better ship somewhere else . I post here because of all my shipper friends and I want to be able to spend shipmas with all of you for the last time .

Caty

Comment

This is the problem I have with Sam and Jack at this time. I wrote something last night about a possible reason that TPTB are ignoring ship. I admit that it was not positive and it was only an opinion. However, it appears that people only want to talk about past ship and happy moments. That's OK. I will respect this thread. It's just not my personality to accept something without questioning why? I had hoped that others felt the same way. Sorry for being off-topic. Again, the comment about the feelings of the actors was only to show a possible reason why the whole ship storyline has been dropped. For those who can live on past episodes I am truly happy for you. For me, however, it's not enough. I guess it really is time to move on.

Comment

Arrrggghhh! I just did a heap of translation about Gary Jones and lost it! It was quite funny, about him telling Hammond to open his own iris, and how he thinks when Hammond says "open the iris" it sounds like open the a**e.

Comment

I know, S & J is over (i hope, i am wrong), but i waiting for little more that see in 9. season, yes thinking no explanation in show.
                          Only a JM says relationship S & J over, no explanation, nothing
                          I Thinking to relationsip S & J deserved little more

p.s.
                          sorry for stupid translator & my horrible english
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't worry about it. It's great that you're getting involved. Whereabouts are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Pt 3: Sorry bout this, but it was asked for!

There was still plenty of time for David Deluise and Corin Nemec. But it was quite a time before Corin Nemec, or "Corky" as his friends and family call him, came to us. He also introducaed himself and shook everyone's hand. He asked how we were and wanted to know if we'd been to conventions before. We talked about our expectations, wishes and about fans, and about personal stuff to.
                              He thought it was cool that my girlfriend and I only took 20 minutes to get here. He also wanted to know if we'd been to the Nuremburg Christmas Market and whether it was worth him going or not.
                              We asked him if he liked German and what he'd done so far. He likes Germany, that's why he keeps on coming back. Corin said that they had visited the old town centre of Rothenburg, and had seen the middleage museum of crime, where you can see lots of diverse stuff about prisons and punishments, and that he personally can't understand how people can be so horrible to others.
                              He was also asked whether he would reprise his role as Jonas Quinn in Stargate, if he was given the chance. He said that he'd love to go back to Stargate, but with a grin acknowledged that as long as Daniel was still alive, there'd be no place on the show for him.
                              "Corky" loved working at Stargate and is happy to have been a part of it, but is also proud of the work he has done since then and how he has developped. He has just finished filmin two films - "The American Standards" with James Brolin and Joanna Cassidy and "Nice Guys" with David Faustino, Jason Mewes and Edward Furlong amongst others.
                              On another table, someone had given Corin mistletoe, so he went round the table and kissed all the ladies and wished us all the best for the future.
                              Our turn was over, we took a few pictures and Corin said goodbye.

Last but not least - David DeLuise. He is also a ball of energy, a comedian through and through and chaming at the same time. He actually spent the weekend collecting the room numbers of various girls, making his brother Michael laugh and irritating Peter. My girlfriend and I had something in common with him: the German CityCon was his first ever, and he hadn't the foggiest what to expect.
                              He came to the table, greeted us and his first question was, "Who hated me as Pete Shannahan?" And one of the women on the table must have hated him, because he knew it instantly from her look. He said he had had to endure the look far too often that evening. He apologised for playing the role and said that he had often experienced that because of his role as Pete, all Shippers seemed to hate him.
                              We asked him what he hoped for from the convention. He wanted to have fun with his brothers, and if he could please the fans, that was a great bonus. He was really excited to be able to meet new people.
                              I asked him what it was like to be able to kiss Amanda Tapping. And he began to melt. He loved being able to work with her. Before the kiss scenes, he and Amanda used to chat, because he wanted (on a professional level, of course!) to help Amanda feel more comfortable. "I'll turn my head right, you turn yours left? Tongues - yes or no?" And she gave him the biggest compliment in certain scenes, when, after several takes, it was good and finished, and she asked if they could do it just once more. Obviously she just couldn't resist the way he kissed her!
                              Because it was getting late, and David still had a few tables to visit, we quickly took our last photos and said goodbye, thanking him for the evening. On that note, the VIP party was over for us, and we went, somewhat unwillingly, back home.
                              ((((Tracy Jane))))
                              Thanks for the translations. Sounds like cons are lots of fun and by this account, the cast and crew are cool people that genuinely enjoy the fans!!! Even poor David DeLuise aka !!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll probably do the others later. I've got loads of assignments at the moment, so I'm pushed for time. I can use this as translation practice, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X