Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To celebrate, I give you this letter from Sam...

Dearest shippers, or I’d rather call you friends because that’s what you are for us,
    Just a quick note before going to the airport (Hawaï, here we come ! )
    Jack and I (I love these words, “Jack and I”… ) we would like to thank you for all the wedding gifts you've sent. This fluffy penguin is so cute ! We don’t really understand why a penguin though, or why it’s written “Let them eat cake !” on it, but it’s cute anyway !
    Oh, and these lemon cookies really look yummy ! We’re taking them for our honymoon trip (I love these words “honeymoon trip”… ). But can I ask you something ? Why does it say on the box : “Just for Sam and Jack, do not share with other people” ?… Anyway, it was a nice idea !

I also would like to thank you for your support during all those years. We know it has been a hell of a rollercoaster (*curses TPTB… except Joe who’s a sweetie*), but you’ve always been there (always… I love this word ! )

When we were just teasing each other (btw, I still have that “cute little tank top”… in fact, I’ve packed it with my other clothes for our honeymoon )
    When I thought Jack was maybe dead on that hell of a planet and I spent months to build a generator… while he was not dead at all and actually sleeping with that b… well, let’s no go there…
    When we were forced to say how we were feeling in front of all these people… I mean, I wanted our first time (not like that ! Get your minds out of the gutter ! ) to be with just the 2 of us. I don’t really mind that Teal’c or Janet were there though, because Teal’c is just a big teddy bear (I swear, you should have seen him crying like a baby at our wedding !) and Janet is… well Janet was my best friend. She even was the 1st to realize I was caring for my Colonel more than I should… even if I couldn’t tell her at that time. I miss her so much ! I wish she had been present at our wedding, but I know that she was there some way…

What was I saying ? Oh yes, that you’ve been with us during all these years !
    Even when I thought I should probably move on… When I think about it now, I can’t understand what I was seeing in P. (I can’t say his name, it’s still a sore point for Jack, but you know who I’m talking about…) I mean, yes he was making me feel like a woman (great ! Now, I have this Shania Twain song stuck in my head ! ) but come on ! He stalked me ! Nice start for a relationship supposedly based on trust…
    Anyway, it’s all in the past now (thank God !) and everything is all right. When I think that we almost lost each other… By chance, Dad was there to help me to think straight and to do the right thing… I miss him so much…

But let’s go back to happy thoughts ! Because yes, I’m happy, more than I ever was. Even more than when I 1st stepped through the Stargate !

I want to apologize for not inviting you to the wedding. It would have been a great party to have all of you there with us to share that so important moment. But everything was done so fast… One minute, we were fishing at Jack’s cabin (yeah, “fishing”, you know what I mean… ), and the next, we were standing in a chapel saying “yes” to each other. We couldn’t wait any longer, especially since we’re gonna be separated during a few months now, Jack working in Washington, and me in Area 51.
    It was a nice ceremony, with just Daniel, Teal’c and Cassie. Our best friends and my “almost” daughter. I think I’ve never heard someone yelling so loud than when I asked her to be my bridesmaid !

Sorry, I’ve got to leave you now, my husband (I love this word ! ) is calling me. I wouldn’t want to make him wait…
    Love
    Sam
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

(((Sam fan))) must once again apologise for not d/ling your vid (I hate my ISP)

I have a little request for ya...could you please repost all of your siggy creations from the past...they're amazing
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by florence

Dearest shippers, or I’d rather call you friends because that’s what you are for us,
        Sorry, I’ve got to leave you now, my husband (I love this word ! ) is calling me. I wouldn’t want to make him wait…
        Love
        Sam
        (((((florence)))))
        Love it, love it, love it!!! Sooo, clever!! Thanks!!
        sigpic

Comment

of course hun! No problems bout downloading if anyone has space on theire server or whatever for my ids I'd really appriciate it maybe i you have a website that already has ids on it and you have some more room I'm so desperate lol! I will post all of my banners at a later on today I hope you look forward to it! xxx

Comment

< big honkin' snip>

Love
            Sam[/I]
            (((((((Florence))))))) I love the letter!
            sigpic

Comment

Very well said. I don't see what's not to get either. I mean FCOL they went fishing.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks !
                It was a little something that popped into my head this morning when I woke up...
                I don't know where it could come from, especially since I don't think Sam and Jack are married... not yet anyway !
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Thank you sueKay & Florence for the birthday wishes!! (((((hugs)))))

And happy birthday Col Aga!!

Comment

<snip>

Love
                    Sam
                    Aww, that was lovely!! Thanks for that Florence!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anunnaki

... Apologies for what ... I'm about to inflict on you all. I'm venting. Passion is a beautiful thing ... can we tell the writers?! I mean no disrespect to anyone whose personal opinions may be trod upon during course of this post. You Canadians are so polite, even when angry. Civility is always good.

SPOILER SPACE (Threads/Season Nine)

So obvious problem with season nine ('shipper-wise') is that there isn't going to be any on-camera nookie between Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill. I can handle that, believe me! "A kiss is just a kiss and a sigh is just a sigh ... sorry, I'm digressing.

... Stop the presses! No need to shout; I'm still here.

... Can someone please explain to me where the great mystery is? I don't get it ... There's so much hand-wringing over the potential 'non-future' of Sam and Jack, romantically, I'm about ready to switch off my PC ... because I don't think I've been watching the same "Stargate SG-1" series ... (I suppose that's possible, I do live in Canada; satellite reception in my igloo just isn't what it used to be since my polar bear died and fell over onto my... well, never mind).

Seriously... Sam and Jack. Must we? I was still thinking how I might donate to a fund to replace your polar bear.

... there's a unified (and horrified) gasp building slowly in corners of 'shipperdom' over possible notion that Carter might end up either romantically involved with someone else ... or completely estranged from her feelings because of Jack's absence this year. Hence terror in trembling fingers hovering over keyboards all over the globe. And, in your neck of the woods, trembling frostbitten fingers.

Therefore I must ask: What part Sam's character-arc during "Threads" was vague? You got me! Liked what I saw!

Let's break this down. Go for it, oh Canadian of dry wit and empirical wisdom!

I think everyone's essentially resigned themselves to the concept that regardless of the way canon plays out this year, there's not going to be a torrid on-screen love-affair between Sam and Jack, but reason for that has more to do with cast than it does with character. We're aware that Rick's physically not going to be there; hence Jack won't be around to 'play' with. On screen, at least. When Cool Cat is away can Little Mouse play?

He's not dead ... just elsewhere. He's absolutely Samfantastically elsewhere ... gone, but not forgotten. That doesn't mean that Sam is simply going to 'move on' from the emotional epiphany she had in "Threads". If you didn't happen to notice that she had an emotional epiphany in "Threads", then ... what show were you watching? Back reruns of Farscape?! Sorry, I just jumped ships! Ooh, sorry again.

Sam and Jack went through eight years of character development to get to point they ended up in with "Threads" ... absolutely obvious ... had finally, unequivocally, decided to explore a romantic relationship together. It won't be on-camera. It can't be. And it won't be obvious or plot-centric to season- nine narrative. Yes, yes, and yes. I think most people who consider themselves 'shippers' can live with the fact that it'll have to be hinted at and alluded to between rousing strains of "Pharoah Pharoah let my Jaffa Go!" and "Kiss me Claudia!" (not to mention the Orii theme song: "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire, I just want to save your body and soul") ... it'll still be there if you're hoping to see it. Just open those beautiful eyes and watch. How did you know about my eyes?!

It would be disrespectful to both O'Neill and Carter character-arcs (especially Sam Carter arc) if they did anything else with her (romantically) at this point. Yes, and some great discussions about this have been raised at other threads; e.g., SaGC (Sam's a Great Character). They built and built along those lines ... then culminated with "Threads", and all of a sudden--what? Dropped the ball? No way. Unfortunately, the writers seem to have written themselves into a corner and refuse to budge. Or think outside the box! And let Jack out of his box!

... The whole idea behind "Threads" was ... to 'tie up' (threads?!) eight years of 'loose ends' (threads?!) in such a way as to leave those storylines either completed or at a crossroad to a new beginning. Sam and Jack love one another. That's never been in question. We know it. The writers, producers, everyone involved ... creative on the show will admit to that. It's been stated unequivocably. And "Threads" was a tribute to those pent-up emotions for the two of them. And let Carter land her big fish!

They scripted whole scenes around that single premise. They wrote in Carter's ambivalence, apprehension surrounding her fianc&#233;. Her uneasiness and embarrassment with him was palpable during scene where he meets Jacob for first time. That wasn't adlib; that was directed. Amanda takes good direction.

Sam shows up at Jack's house because she's terrified she's making a mistake and she wants to tell him (once and for all) how she feels. Maybe she smelled the BBQ sauce and was hankering for a beer? Calm down, just playing devil's advocate.

Kerry then proceeds to break up with Jack over his feelings for Sam ... she goes on to mention that she thinks it's obvious how he feels about Sam and that she thinks it's a big mistake if "rules and regulations" are the only thing keeping him and Carter apart. Those are some of the most important lines of episode.

We may not be convinced yet. So let's go on ... Still with you ... this is more fun than reading the Wall Street Journal!

In preceding scene, Jacob said the exact same words to Sam that Kerry would later use. Coincidences like that happen in real-life, they don't happen in scripts. There's a sledgehammer here. It's big. Huge. Ya know, some people can't see the forest for the trees. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink ... O'Neill would kill me for using cliches! Sorry. Colossal. But just in case there might still be any room whatsoever for doubt, they added even more.

Sam breaks up with Pete. Was that thunder?

Again, that might be too vague, so again, he uses the exact same phrasing that Jacob used in a previous scene. Gee. I wonder what that means? Thor's hammer is getting bigger by the moment!

... Carter's been refusing O'Neill's invitations to his cabin for eight long years. The reason for that is so long-lived and obvious, it's moot. But suddenly (in the end of "Threads") she accepts! ... It seems a bit fishy to me but I'm still with you.

Let's ... pretend we're not fans of Stargate. Heresy! Are you Prior-itizing me here?! Let's pretend we actually wrote the episode "Threads". Why did we (the writers of "Threads") write all that Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill sub-plot? Because we wanted to see a hunka-thunka-lovefest between two beautiful people! Damn the regs, full speed ahead! Excuse me, while I get a glass of water; I'm suddenly feeling quite warm. It didn't have much to do with "Free Jaffa" plot, or Anubis' "Grand Design". What was the point? We'd have to be first-class dopes if we scripted all that into a 90-Minute special-length presentation just because we were planning on turning Sam Carter back into the alien love-interest of the week or ... bringing Narim or even Orlin back so that Sam might fall madly in love .... Absolutely! Who needs burnt toast?! I like where you're going with this ...

Eight years of UST. That's what "Threads" was about for the Sam and Jack subplot. We never saw so much of their 'relationship' discussed in canon as we did during that single episode. And, then, the brilliant PTB managed to send North American DVDs out to retail stores without extra 30 minutes! UST has taken on new meaning: unbelievably stupid transaction! At no point were we ever given to understand that they intended to go their separate ways thereafter. Quite the contrary, given the "fishing moment" we saw in the end. Once Sam hooked her fish, there was no turning back!

Why not? If they're not going to explore being together in an 'off-camera' world as season nine progresses, why not end "Threads" with, say, a tearful, yet beautiful marriage for Carter to her much loved, erstwhile fianc&#233;? <ducking> Yes, right up there with my all-time favorite pasttime of root-canal surgery. What difference would it make to season nine's "action-rock-em-sock-em" canon if Sam was married to Pete? Not much. But it certainly would make a difference to Sam's character arc. And the fact that she's been in love with Jack for half a decade at least. The writers/producers knew that, and wanted to be respectful to her character. Here I tend to disagree. If the writers respected Sam Carter, then S9's writing would have brought some closure to the whole unending question of "are they or aren't they a couple?".
                      Spoiler:
                      When Barrett asks Carter if she's available and she answers "not exactly", we have same amorphous ambiguity (hyperbole is needed!) that fans had to endure for many prior seasons.
                      Hence the plot we actually saw. The plot took us to a point of decision but the later exposition leaves much to be desired.

And at end of it all (or the beginning, as the case may be ... We still don't know that for a fact) why would "Threads" open with an entire montage (half of which dedicated to Sam/Jack moments throughout the years) intermingled with several poignant scenes where we see her restless and uncomfortable about her upcoming 'marriage'? Could that be a strange coincidence as well? Hmm ...

Does Carter have to crawl out of a pentagon supply closet, with tousled hair and an "I JUST DID JACK" t-shirt on for the message to be clearer? (Okay, yes, I'd like to see that t-shirt, too... but that's hardly the point). I could settle for a few phone calls and subtle mentions of Jack during S9! I'm easy! Well, not as easy as crawling out of a supply closet ....

What is there not to get? I'm asking here, I really, truly am. Of course, as irreverent as parts of this post were, I harbor no enmity towards anyone who really does believe the 'shipper' group is SOL. I confess my ignorance: SOL?! I'm just astounded, quite frankly. Well, again, different strokes for different folks. (Slaps self ... may have to use Thor's hammer soon to eliminate all cliches.) Seriously, perception is the lens to reality ... and just look around you! Folks are gonna see what they want and need to see! Glasses or no glasses!

I'll crawl back into my igloo now. Oh, don't do that! Isn't it lonely in there, especially with your pet polar bear gone? We're making blue-raspberry kitchen-tiles out of Jello mix ... can't miss that. Is this in tribute to Sam's penchant for blue jello?

.A. (I left out the 'always' scene on purpose) Understood ... the hammer can't strike any harder.
                      A - Brilliant writing. You are a breath of fresh air, a refreshing Arctic blast!
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 16 October 2005, 02:11 PM.

Comment

shelsfc and Col.Age best of wished to you all !!

to you guys: I have an interview done with Don S. Davis ! Check it out at Stargate Omega just click my sig and you'll be there
                        Lord Zedd

Comment

Happy birthday Shelsfc and Col Aga ...and my little prezzie for you and anybody else's birthday I recently missed .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            I'm bumpin' this thread back up for good measure, because I love this post!

mini(the shipper)geek
                            Thanks, minigeek! This is a real find ... we have to send some other like-minded fans over here!

Comment

Originally posted by Anunnaki
                              What is there not to get?

.A. (I left out the 'always' scene on purpose)
                              I was sent here by ChopinGal and I must say that was an exemplary post and you made a sound case
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                                shelsfc and Col.Age best of wished to you all !!

to you guys: I have an interview done with Don S. Davis ! Check it out at Stargate Omega just click my sig and you'll be there
                                Very nice interview. Lucky Anubis!

Comment

Working...
                                X