Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melissa...it would be delightful if you would set up the special Ship Day thread for us. LOL...I was a wreck trying to set up the one for Valenship! I thought I'd blow it somehow! And I wouldn't be around to close the thread as I will be out at some store at midnight picking up my copy of Continuum.

Just returned from Gettysburg, so sorry if I'm not posting much. It was a long drive home.
    Last edited by AstraPerAspera; 07 July 2008, 07:55 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      Melissa...it would be delightful if you would set up the special Ship Day thread for us. LOL...I was a wreck trying to set up the one for Valenship! I thought I'd blow it somehow! And I wouldn't be around to close the thread as I will be out at some store at midnight picking up my copy of Continuum.

Just returned from Gettysburg, so sorry if I'm not posting much. It was a long drive home.
      Awwww...you're so sweet. And I hear you did a great job with Valenship. I really appreciated you stepping in after I was called away to work tornado relief. Boy, those were some wild days!

Gettysburg sounds like fun. Did you have all the children? And maybe some friends? Of course, I'm assuming you went to absorb the history and have some fun...

Hmmm...I can see Sam and Jack in shorts, sneakers, t-shirts and baseball caps, walking around Gettysburg, discussing military strategy. I thought about them when I was at Mt. Vernon and Monticello last summer. Of course, I was on my way home from Shore Leave, and they're never far from my stream of consciousness....

But I think that once they had honeymooned, relaxed on a beach and fished at the cabin, they might be interested in taking a vacation that featured some of America's historic sites. You know...they've worked so hard to protect them...

Comment

Congratulations, AstraPerAspera, on 4,400 posts!!!

Congratulations, luvnjack, on 3,900 posts!!!

Comment

Gettysburg.....nice!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Congratulations, AstraPerAspera, on 4,400 posts!!!

Congratulations, luvnjack, on 3,900 posts!!!
            congrats from me too!!!!!

I gotta get to bed

((((family)))))

'nite

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
              Awwww...you're so sweet. And I hear you did a great job with Valenship. I really appreciated you stepping in after I was called away to work tornado relief. Boy, those were some wild days!

Gettysburg sounds like fun. Did you have all the children? And maybe some friends? Of course, I'm assuming you went to absorb the history and have some fun...

Hmmm...I can see Sam and Jack in shorts, sneakers, t-shirts and baseball caps, walking around Gettysburg, discussing military strategy. I thought about them when I was at Mt. Vernon and Monticello last summer. Of course, I was on my way home from Shore Leave, and they're never far from my stream of consciousness....

But I think that once they had honeymooned, relaxed on a beach and fished at the cabin, they might be interested in taking a vacation that featured some of America's historic sites. You know...they've worked so hard to protect them...
              Well, I'm pretty sure Sam and Jack wouldn't have been doing what my son was doing at Gettysburg...which was re-enacting the battle for the 145th anniversary. I think they probably have had a little too much real experience with their day jobs to want to don period wool uniforms and go charging out onto the field in 80 degree heat with bayonets fixed.

OT...

Spoiler:
              If you would like to see Pickett's Charge reenacted, it's here: 145th Re-enactment

Yeah. I think the beach. And maybe some more....peaceful history. And then back to Jack's townhouse in DC to pack up now that Jack's retired and moving back to Colorado Springs.
              sigpic

Comment

Whoo Hoo! I just got my first ever "Hey you messed that up" review on a fic! I so excited!

Sorry... I had to share, and everyone in my house is sleeping. *sigh*
                Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Well, I'm pretty sure Sam and Jack wouldn't have been doing what my son was doing at Gettysburg...which was re-enacting the battle for the 145th anniversary. I think they probably have had a little too much real experience with their day jobs to want to don period wool uniforms and go charging out onto the field in 80 degree heat with bayonets fixed.

OT...

Spoiler:
                  If you would like to see Pickett's Charge reenacted, it's here: 145th Re-enactment

Yeah. I think the beach. And maybe some more....peaceful history. And then back to Jack's townhouse in DC to pack up now that Jack's retired and moving back to Colorado Springs.
                  OMG! That was so cool! My husband and son would love seeing that. We did the battle of Brooklyn since we live near and on the battle ground.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey from a new forum member!

Just wanted to say what a great thread this is! Nice to know so many people love Sam and Jack as much as I do!
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Hello and welcome!
                      My question for the newbie!
                      When did you first become a shipper?

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

Just wanted to say what a great thread this is! Nice to know so many people love Sam and Jack as much as I do!
                        *waves* Hi!
                        Slidell and I are re-watching SG1. Why don't you join us? SGBFFF-SG1-Rewatchsigpic
                        You want to read Torn written by Slidell Yes... yes you do.

Comment

Welcome aboard the ship!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi there and welcome!

sigpic

Comment

*le gasp!* Ship day is coming up you say? W-when?

I seem to have returned just in time! This is a great excuse to finish the fic I've been... slowly.... working on. And I'll try to break out the ol' photoshop as well!

And Mary-Jane... I absolutely LOVE your sig. So happy!
                              Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Continuum rating warning for young children (nothing be said about any scenes in movie)
                                Spoiler:
                                Though Continuum is not rated there are some scenes which are pg-13 in violence content. So if you have a very young Stargate fan at home, please watch the movie to see if the level of violence will be tolerated by your child. Friendly warning.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X