This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sugarshaker
    Anybody have a good puking smilie? I wish I had one to insert here. One more mention of is two too many. How can Cam be torn between telling him or not as he really doesn't have a choice? The regulations are the regulations - right? Oh wait! No! They're only the regulations when it comes to ship. (insert sarcastic tone here).
    Wasn't it in Heros where the reporter says
    Spoiler:
    "these people earn a living by keeping secrets"(or something like that). I am sure it is a issue with people who have to keep secrets from friends and love ones, but its their job. He was the one who asked for the position at the SGC. This story line has already been done with Sam/Jacob and Sam/Pete.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
      Yes, and the divorce rate is nearly 50%. I can't help but believe that it would be less if people were more wise in their decisions.
      yes but people are flawed, all people. and just because they make decisions like settling to marry someone that they know is not the all time love of their life, it does not make them bad people. some of the lines of conversation here lately are sounding decidedly anti carter. like its all her fault that they didn't get together and jack was the victim. before sam had pete, jack had kynthia and laira and alternate sam.
      my point here is that neither of them are at fault, they've both hurt each other equally and been equally good for each other.

just because people do these things, it does not make them bad people. in my view, sam is one of the most pure, best written and least corrupt characters on television, while still being realistic. now i know that there are people here who disagree, and thats fine. its why i spend more and more time on the sam thread, to feel better.

your above comment actually helps to prove my point in a way though. 50% of marriages end in divorce because people do what sam did. so what she did is fairly normal. in a way she did the same thing jack did in a hundred days. thought she couldn't have what she wanted, so tried to settle, and started to become happy. then discovered that she could have what she wanted, was a little torn about hurting someone she had grown to love, but did the right thing for all concerned in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
        Aaarrgghhh altogether too much ! More Jack please TPTB.

So has anyone here read the new Sally Malcolm book ?? I thought it was great but would love to know what others think of it.
        No, I still haven't got it yet...
        I've just sent a mail to Amazon to know if they were going to send it to me one day...

(((girlgater)))
        All my thoughts and prayers to you and your family...
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Oh yeah...a VERY IMPORTANT snipped I forgot to tell you all...

SPOILERS FOR RIPPLE EFFECT

Spoiler:
          AT says that both Teryl Rothery and J R Bourne appeared in the episode.

Hmm...TPTB's boot have developed a liking for shippers' teeth...
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
            There have been two blatent pieces of bad writing with the characters of Jack and Sam. The first being Sam
            Spoiler:
            dating Pete way out of character in my mind. She has these trememdously strong feelings for her CO, who has on one occassion verbally admitted having feelings for her, for seven long years and I'm not just talking your run of the mill adventures, I'm talking life and death situations but suddenly she is confused about her feelings for him (Are they real?, Is he a safe bet?, Does he still have feelings for me?, Am I wasting my time? type of thing) but instead of talking to Jack about this, she decides to start fresh and date someone new and during the course of this dating, then tries a couple of times to talk to Jack and tell him how she feels about him? Sooo out of character for Carter, I never bought into this. As she said in Moebius "I tend to over think things". and yet we are to believe that she starts dating Pete on a whim and decides to marry him in what a couple of months? If she was so afraid to have "the conversation" with Jack, why is it any easier when she is engaged to someone else? yadda, yadda, yadda, I think you get my point here.
            The second piece of major bad writing is at the beginning of this season when the team is split up and Sam is in research at Area 51 and taking care of Cassie and Jack is now I believe head of HomeWorld Security and they are still not in an open, no holes barred type relationship. Now come on with everything that they have been through and no regs to keep them apart we are still playing the cloak and dagger bit, still getting the "not exactly's". Why???
            They are starting to make the characters unrealistic IMO.
            the only thing about the pete thing that seemed out of character for me is the fact that
            Spoiler:
            she didn't dump the chump at the end of chimera, at the end of lost city, or at the end of affinity. she does tend to over think things. it took her seven years to decide to go on a date and actually try to get over jack, whom she had done much thinking about and couldn't see a way around her situation with him. she over thinks so much, that she even second guessed, not only his feelings for her, but also hers for him. then when the jerk asked her to marry him, it took her TWO WEEKS + of overthinking to finally say yes. and then she spent the next - um - rest of the season, overthinking before she finally made the right decision.

the thing about sams character is, she is so smart, funny, pretty, loving and all that, but she really SUCKS! at dealing with feelings and personal issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Oh yeah...a VERY IMPORTANT snipped I forgot to tell you all...

SPOILERS FOR RIPPLE EFFECT

Spoiler:
              AT says that both Teryl Rothery and J R Bourne appeared in the episode.

Hmm...TPTB's boot have developed a liking for shippers' teeth...
              that doesn't necessarily mean a kick in the teeth for us. but where did you read that?

Comment

so, the sky one ep in the uk and ireland tonight was Window of Opportunity, yay! love that ep, very shippy. just look at how they look at one another. next week is a behind the scenes thing by the looks of it. not much hope for ship though, i'm guessing.

Comment

One of the Sci Fi mags...I think it may have been Cult Times (not the special) but it could have been TV Zone...I'll go find out.

Oh...there's gonna be a behind the scenes Stargate thingy on on Sky One next week True Science - Stargate SG1 - They showed a clip of Chris Judge laughing about how he never learns his lines.
                  sigpic

Comment

Here's the link to the page with the issue details...no article though.

http://www.visimag.com/culttimes/c121_display.htm
                    sigpic

Comment

ooh ooh, dan castellanetta is on everybody loves raymond right now. and this is not off topic, because he was in citizen joe, in which jack has a yellow kitchen! which is shippy! and DC is wearing a yellow sweater. extra shippy.
                      yellow kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        One of the Sci Fi mags...I think it may have been Cult Times (not the special) but it could have been TV Zone...I'll go find out.

Oh...there's gonna be a behind the scenes Stargate thingy on on Sky One next week True Science - Stargate SG1 - They showed a clip of Chris Judge laughing about how he never learns his lines.
                        If you look here you can get the details about next weeks show. The UK Schedule thread in the general topic forum is great for getting all the information regarding Stargate airing on all the UK channels.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          And you know she probably won't mention Jack at all this season.
                          It certainly doesn't appear that she will.
                          -girlgater

Comment

Thanks, everybody for the kind words of sympathy on losing my nephew. You guys are simply the best! ((((shipper family))))
                            -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              ((((sg-1fanintn))))
                              Here's your green jello!!!!!
                              Thanks, Nell! And with whipped cream too!

Let's see: Sam + Jack + whipped cream = thoughts that are inappropriate for this thread!!!! Tee-hee!

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham
                                Not with a group of men for writers

But at the same time if they got together there would be all this other sort of angst. The one example I can think of is on Gilmore Girls. Everyone wanted Luke and Lorelai together and now that they are the writers need to find all these new sorts of problems. At least with Sam and Jack the good build up angst is still going on until the big moment
                                But so far, I think it's fun watching their relationship evolve. And what's the first big problem? In-laws! And isn't it ironic that the in-law causing the problems is another DeLuise brother?????!!!!??

Comment

Working...
                                X