• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parsifal
    Credit to Susan on the S/J list:

Atlantis S2 "Grace under Pressure"
    Spoiler:

"Tapping's character, ace scientist and kick-butt soldier Samantha Carter, will
    pop up in a January episode of sister show Stargate: Atlantis. Look for Carter to appear when bumbling science nerd Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) conjures up his old foil to help him escape from a sinking puddle jumper. "Basically, I appear as a hallucination ... I'm not really there," Tapping explains. Her favorite part of the shoot? Reviving the snarky relationship between Carter and McKay. "They genuinely like each other, but they're so competitive. It's almost like a sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in."

Another terrible quote from Amanda. Since when does Sam genuinely like him? Doesn't 'sexual tension' require the attraction to go both ways?

Please, for the love of anything good left in the SG-1 universe, don't have them flirt, kiss, etc.

Spoiler:
    Well, she DID say that she was attracted to him, but I wouldn't be worried about that....come on, that's McKay!
    And she is just a hallucination, so whatever they do, it's not real.

On the other hand...
    ....this whole "trapped in a spaceship/puddlejumper- hallucination" -thing reminds me ALOT of "Grace"!

And the title of this Atlantis-episode is "Grace under pressure"!
    Is that intention or coincidence?

Comment

hmm...

A SWIFT...TPTB...KICK IN THE BUTT...NEED

rearrange this statement.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
        Spoiler:
        Well, she DID say that she was attracted to him, but I wouldn't be worried about that....come on, that's McKay!
        And she is just a hallucination, so whatever they do, it's not real.

On the other hand...
        ....this whole "trapped in a spaceship/puddlejumper- hallucination" -thing reminds me ALOT of "Grace"!

And the title of this Atlantis-episode is "Grace under pressure"!
        Is that intention or coincidence?
        Even though it's like 'Grace', it's
        Spoiler:
        Rodney's hallucination, and not Sams or Jacks...thank goodness!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          We've nothing to worry about, as she appears as
          Spoiler:
          a hallucination.
          Spoiler:
          Presumably she's still in character. I don't want to watch Carter flirt/kiss/whatever with McKay. If she sticks to insults, fine, but I never saw their interactions as anything friendly. I'm so tired of the 'anybody-but-Jack' mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            We've nothing to worry about, as she appears as
            Spoiler:
            a hallucination.
            Well, I'd say there could be a
            Spoiler:
            kiss, since this is going to be Rodney's fantasy. Come on! It'll be fun! Rodney has always had a crush on Sam, and she finds him totally irritating!

Comment

Spoiler:

pop up in a January episode of sister show Stargate: Atlantis. Look for Carter to appear when bumbling science nerd Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) conjures up his old foil to help him escape from a sinking puddle jumper. "Basically, I appear as a hallucination ... I'm not really there," Tapping explains. <SNIP> Please, for the love of anything good left in the SG-1 universe, don't have them flirt, kiss, etc.
              LOL Aw, c'mon, that's
              Spoiler:
              the only Sam Carter action McKay's ever gonna get. Give the man his frickin' daydream.

(...still laughing at the idea of
              Spoiler:
              David Hewlett, the sex symbol!
              Tee hee!)

Spoiler:
              Her favorite part of the shoot? Reviving the snarky relationship between Carter and McKay. "They genuinely like each other, but they're so competitive. It's almost like a sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in."
              Zoiks. Somehow I don't think that came out exactly right!
              Spoiler:
              Sibling sexual tension? Yeowee. Poor Amanda. She's quoted as saying Sam should 'get it on and get it over' with O'Neill, and she thinks all the guys she plays against are so sexy. I'm not so sure she's really trying to introduce the world to sex-pot Sam. But I do think a lot of interviewers are having a bit of a field day at her expense.

Mini(geek)

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Spoiler:
                Presumably she's still in character. I don't want to watch Carter flirt/kiss/whatever with McKay. If she sticks to insults, fine, but I never saw their interactions as anything friendly. I'm so tired of the 'anybody-but-Jack' mentality.
                Oh I'm so with you there. It's okay for all the other characters to have ship, and it's okay for all the men to hit on Sam, but we don't even get a confirmation that our couple are together....never mind a kiss!
                sigpic

Comment

I think
                  Spoiler:
                  if it's a daydream like, say...one of felgers...it'd be okay I guess...

*thinks back to the end of Avenger 2.0*

LOL
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Zoiks. Somehow I don't think that came out exactly right!
                    Spoiler:
                    Sibling sexual tension? Yeowee. Poor Amanda. She's quoted as saying Sam should 'get it on and get it over' with O'Neill, and she thinks all the guys she plays against are so sexy. I'm not so sure she's really trying to introduce the world to sex-pot Sam. But I do think a lot of interviewers are having a bit of a field day at her expense.

Mini(geek)
                    I'm tellin' you.....there's something going on here. I think it's TPTB getting Amanda to do make some positioning statements for them.

Comment

Spoiler:

pop up in a January episode of sister show Stargate: Atlantis. Look for Carter to appear when bumbling science nerd Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) conjures up his old foil to help him escape from a sinking puddle jumper. "Basically, I appear as a hallucination ... I'm not really there," Tapping explains. Her favorite part of the shoot? Reviving the snarky relationship between Carter and McKay. "They genuinely like each other, but they're so competitive. It's almost like a sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in."

Another terrible quote from Amanda. Since when does Sam genuinely like him? Doesn't 'sexual tension' require the attraction to go both ways?

Please, for the love of anything good left in the SG-1 universe, don't have them flirt, kiss, etc.
                      i actually quite like this quote. i think they do genuinely like each other, just not enough to actually be friends. i think by the time mckay had gone off to atlantis they had developed a respect for each other. and their is a bit of sexual tension in there too, because he wants her and she's tense about it.

and if they were to kiss in that episode i imagine i would find it funny rather than be put off or insulted, because
                      Spoiler:
                      she is his hallucination. and he has the hots for her
                      of course i do not expect to see any good s/j shippy references, but i like mckay, and i like how he and sam p!$$ each other off, and i for one am looking forward to this episode.

Comment

I get the feeling Sam genuinely likes everyone.Sam really needs to stop being the Mother Teresa of the SGC.IMO as far as
                        Spoiler:
                        Rodney, let Rodney have dreams about someone on Atlantis.Rodney and Barrett need to let it go with Sam.Rodney and Barrett need help.I wonder if the Ori or Wraith are busy? I just cannot understand Sam.The worse these Guys treat Sam the more Sam likes them.Rodney treated Sam like Dirt.I think Jack has been going about it the wrong way with treating Sam so well.Sam and Jack may be Married by now if Jack was lousy to Sam.

Comment

stargate barbie I respectfully dissgree.I'am going to stay as far away as possible from
                          Spoiler:
                          Grace Under Pressure.It will be easy since I do not watch Atlantis.I will be shocked if there is no Sam and Rodney Kiss.If I ever saw a Sam and Rodney Kiss I would be finnished as a Sam and Jack Shipper.Even if it's just a Dream.I cannot stand Rodney.I have no problem with the Actor.Just the Character.It's bad enough we have all these guest character on SG-1 falling for Sam,we do not need anyone from Atlantis.Sam has enough attention.Maybe having Vala back is not such a bad idea.The guest character can just fall for Vala instead of Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            After All by Peter Cetera (an oldie, but it’s perfect for them)
                            The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts (To me, the Stargate represents the broken road)
                            Memories of Us by Keith Urban
                            Something by James Taylor (another oldie, I know!)
                            Here, There & Everywhere by the Beatles (and yet, another oldie!)

Thanks I'm collecting and making a list.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
                              OOh fun. i love music. And challenges.
                              Let me see...
                              You and Me-Lifehouse
                              I'll Stand by You-I don't know who sings it. Some person/group from the 80s or early 90s I think. It's a woman.
                              Come What May-That's on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.
                              I think it's called If You're not the One by Daniel Bettingfield
                              I'm Still in Love With You-I can't remember who sings it. It's a country song.
                              My Confession an d When You Say You Love Me-'sigh' Josh Groban
                              And last (for now) but not least, Written in the Stars-Elton John and LeAnn Rimes

If there are any spelling mistakes, I'm sorry. It's late and when I'm really tired my dyslexia is really bad.
                              Thank you! Oh I love I'll Stand by You - reminds me of Jonah / Thera

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                I get the feeling Sam genuinely likes everyone.Sam really needs to stop being the Mother Teresa of the SGC.IMO as far as
                                Spoiler:
                                Rodney, let Rodney have dreams about someone on Atlantis.Rodney and Barrett need to let it go with Sam.Rodney and Barrett need help.I wonder if the Ori or Wraith are busy? I just cannot understand Sam.The worse these Guys treat Sam the more Sam likes them.Rodney treated Sam like Dirt.I think Jack has been going about it the wrong way with treating Sam so well.Sam and Jack may be Married by now if Jack was lousy to Sam.
                                whats so wrong about being mother theresa-like? sam is a genuinely wonderful person. the reason she and jack were apart for so long had nothing to do with the fact that jack was nice to her, and everything to do with the fact that the both had too much respect and honour for each other and the institution to which they had dedicated their lives before they ever even met.
                                sam has been just as nice to jack as he has been to her.
                                and neither mckay nor barrett are bad people, nor have they mistreated sam so harshly (mckay) that they do not deserve to be given a chance. pete did. but i think we all know my opinions on that by now.
                                sam is human, and she makes bad choices from time to time in matters of the heart.
                                she tried to move on, to see if she might possibly be able to get past jack, and she couldn't. she tried to do that with a jerk, but she was entitled to try.
                                need we be reminded that jack did it first. more than once.

i don't want you to feel that i'm picking on you, or singling you out here or anything, i know this might seem like a rant specifically at you, but it is not. you just happen to have made a post that i disagree with, and i'm voicing my opinions. sorry if it sounds bad. but i had to say it.
                                i mean no disrespect to you or your opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X