Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was just me, Jackie...but sometimes it loads fast and other times it loads. Very. Sloooooooowly. Haven't tried the links. May be why we've lost some people...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
      I thought it was just me, Jackie...but sometimes it loads fast and other times it loads. Very. Sloooooooowly. Haven't tried the links. May be why we've lost some people...
      I think GW processors are now trying to figure out if it needs to censer the phrase "Jack's Gun". Must be eating lots of bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
        I think GW processors are now trying to figure out if it needs to censer the phrase "Jack's Gun". Must be eating lots of bandwidth.
        *adjusts halo*
        sigpic

Comment

Just to conclude my thoughts on Evolution...Mara, feel free to add yours when you can...the end is, of course, the big pay-off scene. Classic Sam and Jack...and yet, IMHO, even better than some of their other classic moments.

First we get some good Sam-whumping at the hands of the supersoldier--and Jacob is concerned, but like you often do with your kids, he plays it down and when she tells him that it hurts everywhere, he just tells her that that's a good sign.

The best part, of course, is when they come back and Jack is waiting. You can see that he runs an assessing eye over her when she walks through the gate to see how badly she’s banged up. Once he determines she's okay he seems to relax a little...but not much. It's almost as though he has to confirm, one on one, that she's okay. Which he does as the two of them linger together after everyone else leaves. That's when he gives her his serious looks…the ones he saves for things that really matter to him…there’s a lightness to his comment about her coming back alive and nice job and all…but there’s concern, pride and relief underlying it.

And oh I wonder if Sam has any idea what those eyes do to him? That head bob…the half smile as she looks up at him. He’s got to just melt inside. And of course the invitation to lunch. A simple, mundane thing...made not so simple, not so mundane by the fact that they both just survived their respective dangerous missions and, at least for today, can enjoy that ordinary thing in the midst of everything extraordinary that they do.

And I'm sure jello was on the menu.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, it is a loaded word...
            sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chocolatequeen View Post
              *adjusts halo*
              *steps back and wipes gutter spray out of her eyes...*
              sigpic

Comment

Sheesh, GW wouldn't load at all for there for a while Nearly had a heart attack!

LOL...focus, Mara...focus!

And his spanish was pretty good too...

Burke was a little nuts, but funny. Jumping ahead to the end with him for a moment...when Jack says he'll recommend he get a different post and Burke makes a comment about assignment to a place with "women who put out like a broken candy machine", the look on Jack's face is...well, not revolted, exactly, but you can tell that he just doesn't share Burke's enthusiasm on that topic. I really like how they never made Jack into a Lothario...er....Kirk... you can see that shallow, meaningless relationships just aren't his thing.

EDIT: Oh yeah...that Minnesota line...which told me that at one time these two were pretty close.
                I'm so relieved by that too and I sometimes wonder if it was RDA who vetoed any inclinations that writers might have had about making him that way. Jack is a mature man - even though he likes to act childish sometimes, it's one of his endearing qualities I think. He was married for 10 and I'm conviced he was utterly faithful the whole time. It's just not him. And while I think he's definately a ladies man. I think he knows he's attractive to the opposite sex - I mean just the way he says "I like women" in CotG - THUNK - but I think he's the type of man that prefers to find a good woman and stick with her rather than play around with many. Meanigless relationships really aren't his thing. And the fact that he's in love with someone else makes it difficult for him to find someone he can have a meaningful relationship with.
                I think the only person he lacks confidence with in regard to his sex appeal is Sam, and then only until he finds out how she feels in S4. Anyway, I think I rambled there, sorry

As for how close he was with Burke. Well Burke does say something about how close they all were with the BBQs and the wives and such. He took the fall for woods, coz Nancy, Wood's wife, wouldn't have got the pension.

You can always ask me later. In fact, any of you fic writers out there, feel free to ask me AF or military questions or what not in reguards to your fics. I don't mind and I hate reading fics with indoor saluting!

EDIT: Mara! Congrats on 3300 posts!
                *wonders if she's written indoor saluting*
                *doesn't think so*
                *breathes sigh of relief*
                *remembers she still hasn't changed biscuits to cookies*

Oh thanks Seahen, both for the offer - which I will surely be taking you up on - and the congrats, I hadn't even realised.

Exactly right about Jack and why he is a good man, in spite of what he may think about himself. And I'm sure that's why he also feels like he can't allow Sam to fall for him...both that he's not worthy of her and that he doesn't want to burden her with who he thinks he is.

*accepts chocolate* Thank you! Hmmm...looks suspiciously like a Tim Tam...
                It'll make you happy, I swear. Wouldn't you like to be happy APA?

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                I know...if I were Jacob I would've ordered that someone throughly scrub and disinfect that suit of armor before I even CONSIDERED putting it on.....YUCK!!!!!!

mmmm....macaroons....I love macaroons....

edit: must be off to bed now

((((family)))))

'nite
                LOL! I never even thought of that

Shall we say that Jack's weapon is a little bigger than a sidearm, or is that just going too far?
                Ahem. Well his weapon is his entire physique you see, inc his voice. But his sidearm is a certain...umm...part of him. An indespensible attachment shall we say
                sigpic
                Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  and i'm still squeeing from what amanda said in the link (my sweetie!). (and i love amanda's and rick's easy-going friendship )

sally
                  OMG me too!! I wonder if she knows something we don't yet Or maybe she believes Sam and Jack are together too
                  sigpic

Comment

*steps back and wipes gutter spray out of her eyes...*
                    My work here is done!

Gotta get some sleep, gang. I'll be around some tomorrow.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post

Fish? What fish? I never saw any fish....
                      sigpic

Comment

Just to conclude my thoughts on Evolution...Mara, feel free to add yours when you can...the end is, of course, the big pay-off scene. Classic Sam and Jack...and yet, IMHO, even better than some of their other classic moments.

First we get some good Sam-whumping at the hands of the supersoldier--and Jacob is concerned, but like you often do with your kids, he plays it down and when she tells him that it hurts everywhere, he just tells her that that's a good sign.

The best part, of course, is when they come back and Jack is waiting. You can see that he runs an assessing eye over her when she walks through the gate to see how badly she’s banged up. Once he determines she's okay he seems to relax a little...but not much. It's almost as though he has to confirm, one on one, that she's okay. Which he does as the two of them linger together after everyone else leaves. That's when he gives her his serious looks…the ones he saves for things that really matter to him…there’s a lightness to his comment about her coming back alive and nice job and all…but there’s concern, pride and relief underlying it.

And oh I wonder if Sam has any idea what those eyes do to him? That head bob…the half smile as she looks up at him. He’s got to just melt inside. And of course the invitation to lunch. A simple, mundane thing...made not so simple, not so mundane by the fact that they both just survived their respective dangerous missions and, at least for today, can enjoy that ordinary thing in the midst of everything extraordinary that they do.

And I'm sure jello was on the menu.
                        Well what can I possible say to that! You said it perfectly.

I would like to discuss Daniel for a minute though. I thought he was really good in this. Of course, I love all of the character of SG-1 even if I only hang out here - and with the GG's

But Daniel was great. He was very protective of Dr Lee. And you have to admire the fact that he didn't throttle the man for succumbing to the torture and telling the bad guys how to turn it on. I'm not sure I would have such restraint after everything Daniel went through NOT to tell them. Still Daniel understands that Lee is not a field operative, he's not used to danger and torture and bad guys.

Daniel proves his worth when they run away and Dr Lee can't run anymore. He hides him and deliberatly lets the bad guys see him in order to draw them away. It's one of those things that first endeared him to Jack. Despite his geekiness and the fact that he's annoying Jack has seen first hand how truly brave he is, and how willing to put others before himslef. Despite their obvious differences it's one of the things they have in common.

I absolutely love the scene when Jack comes to Daniel's rescue. Poor Daniel is hurt and exhausted and terrified. He picks up a rock coz he, like the rest of SG-1, never just gives up. He here the firing and you know the poor man thinks that's it, thye've shot him. He looks up only to see all three men fall as Jack comes out of nowhere having killed all 3 of them. You can tell that Daniel literally can't believe his eyes. He's a little dilerious and thinks he's imagining things.

The way Jack shakes him to snap him out of his stupour and Daniel asks "What are you doing here?" It's clear he's surprised that Jack came to his rescue.
                        He's not on some alien world, he's on earth and he didn't expect a rescue like he may have otherwise, yet Jack once again proves that he's not alone, that Jack will never leave him behind, he'll always be there to rescue him. I think it's a great moment.

And poor Daniel, comes to himself and the way he looks at the rock as if just then realising he's holding it and how utterly useless it is. And the the zombie guy.

I love it the way Jack hoists him and out of the way and then fires. It's all so smooth. We really get to see Jack in action in this ep. From the moment he and Burke first hear the gunfire to when Burke blows up the zombie.
                        sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

*Passes APA goggles to combat the gutter spray*

Sheesh, GW wouldn't load at all for there for a while Nearly had a heart attack!

*spoilered for length*
                          Spoiler:

I'm so relieved by that too and I sometimes wonder if it was RDA who vetoed any inclinations that writers might have had about making him that way. Jack is a mature man - even though he likes to act childish sometimes, it's one of his endearing qualities I think. He was married for 10 and I'm conviced he was utterly faithful the whole time. It's just not him. And while I think he's definately a ladies man. I think he knows he's attractive to the opposite sex - I mean just the way he says "I like women" in CotG - THUNK - but I think he's the type of man that prefers to find a good woman and stick with her rather than play around with many. Meanigless relationships really aren't his thing. And the fact that he's in love with someone else makes it difficult for him to find someone he can have a meaningful relationship with.
                          I think the only person he lacks confidence with in regard to his sex appeal is Sam, and then only until he finds out how she feels in S4. Anyway, I think I rambled there, sorry

As for how close he was with Burke. Well Burke does say something about how close they all were with the BBQs and the wives and such. He took the fall for woods, coz Nancy, Wood's wife, wouldn't have got the pension.

*wonders if she's written indoor saluting*
                          *doesn't think so*
                          *breathes sigh of relief*
                          *remembers she still hasn't changed biscuits to cookies*

Oh thanks Seahen, both for the offer - which I will surely be taking you up on - and the congrats, I hadn't even realised.

Spoiler:

LOL! I never even thought of that

Ahem. Well his weapon is his entire physique you see, inc his voice. But his sidearm is a certain...umm...part of him. An indespensible attachment shall we say
                          Uh, maybe I was a bit harsh there. Hate is such a strong word. But I definitely get pulled out of fics when I notice mistakes. I always cringe at indoor saluting. It just pulls me out of the moment. And if it's scattered throughout the fic! Oy! Although, if its a really good writer, I get pulled back in pretty quick. Although, I notice most really good writers get the details right. And Mara, I know I've read your stuff in the past and I don't remember it ever irking me!

EDIT: And what's the deal with all the hatred of the fish?

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
                            When your up in the middle of the night what do you do...GW! I would be up for this except I know I wont be able too because of the baby
                            Spoiler:
                            c-section is planned for the 7th since my baby can't flip over on her own...so I'll be still in the hospital.

Y'all have fun though give me something to read when I finally get home...the baby has things she needs to learn about shipping. Alright should go to bed too when your dad wakes up to go hunting and you are still up its a bad sign (at my parents for the weekend)
                            Good Luck With everything, u'll be home in no time. Don't forget to start early with the shipping! jokes

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                            Hello!

I'm new to the forum, but have been a fan of the show since around the end of season 8. I actually started watching Atlantis first and then got hooked on SG1 as well. How excited was I to find a place that's dedicated to my two favorite Stargate characters - Sam and Jack!

Since I'm still finding my way around this site, I have a question that may be OT here but maybe someone can put me in the right direction - I'm attending Gatecon in August. Is anyone here attending? Is there a thread for this topic specifically?
                            thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome! stick around, we don't bite, just ship alot

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                            And in front of Jacob, no less:

Rawr!

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                            Okay, I really am going soon...but I found some pics from last night on the Sam Thread, thanks to sg Gato...

Spoiler:
                            Mimicking the pigeons...
                            Hilarity!

Sorry. I just had a horrific run in with a very scary spider I swear now I can feel something crawling on the back of my neck

<Snipped for length>
                            Dude omg i hate spiders!

Amy? You still there?

Is anybody still there...

I think I killed the thread...
                            i'm here took me ages to catch up!!

Oooo, is this the one with the M-60?

I think I have a pic...

Hee hee, they're so cute together.
                            fightin' crime.. *picutes them in capes*

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                            I love macaroons too...and I love Cam Mitchell...mmm...Cam Mitchell and macaroons...yummy.
                            what are they? i've never had them before

Shall we say that Jack's weapon is a little bigger than a sidearm, or is that just going too far?
                            *dives head first inot the gutter*

My work here is done!

Gotta get some sleep, gang. I'll be around some tomorrow.
                            LOL good work CQ!
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Well what can I possible say to that! You said it perfectly.

I would like to discuss Daniel for a minute though. I thought he was really good in this. Of course, I love all of the character of SG-1 even if I only hang out here - and with the GG's

But Daniel was great. He was very protective of Dr Lee. And you have to admire the fact that he didn't throttle the man for succumbing to the torture and telling the bad guys how to turn it on. I'm not sure I would have such restraint after everything Daniel went through NOT to tell them. Still Daniel understands that Lee is not a field operative, he's not used to danger and torture and bad guys.

Daniel proves his worth when they run away and Dr Lee can't run anymore. He hides him and deliberatly lets the bad guys see him in order to draw them away. It's one of those things that first endeared him to Jack. Despite his geekiness and the fact that he's annoying Jack has seen first hand how truly brave he is, and how willing to put others before himslef. Despite their obvious differences it's one of the things they have in common.

I absolutely love the scene when Jack comes to Daniel's rescue. Poor Daniel is hurt and exhausted and terrified. He picks up a rock coz he, like the rest of SG-1, never just gives up. He here the firing and you know the poor man thinks that's it, thye've shot him. He looks up only to see all three men fall as Jack comes out of nowhere having killed all 3 of them. You can tell that Daniel literally can't believe his eyes. He's a little dilerious and thinks he's imagining things.

The way Jack shakes him to snap him out of his stupour and Daniel asks "What are you doing here?" It's clear he's surprised that Jack came to his rescue.
                              He's not on some alien world, he's on earth and he didn't expect a rescue like he may have otherwise, yet Jack once again proves that he's not alone, that Jack will never leave him behind, he'll always be there to rescue him. I think it's a great moment.

And poor Daniel, comes to himself and the way he looks at the rock as if just then realising he's holding it and how utterly useless it is. And the the zombie guy.

I love it the way Jack hoists him and out of the way and then fires. It's all so smooth. We really get to see Jack in action in this ep. From the moment he and Burke first hear the gunfire to when Burke blows up the zombie.
                              Well said, Mara...we tend to lose sight of poor Daniel (and T!) when we discuss these eps cuz we get so focused on Sam and Jack...but you make excellent points. I think the Jack and Daniel friendship is such a key element of SG1...it was the basis of the whole thing...and in some ways, Daniel is Jack's savior because of what happened originally on Abydos...so I can't help but think that maybe Jack believes he has a life-debt to Daniel. But more than that, he genuinely likes the guy...scientist and geek tho' he is. And I think it's because of his friendship with Daniel that Jack is able to let down his personal shields and get close to Sam and Teal'c as well. It's a great part of the story and we shouldn't lose sight of it.

*Passes APA goggles to combat the gutter spray*

Uh, maybe I was a bit harsh there. Hate is such a strong word. But I definitely get pulled out of fics when I notice mistakes. I always cringe at indoor saluting. It just pulls me out of the moment. And if it's scattered throughout the fic! Oy! Although, if its a really good writer, I get pulled back in pretty quick. Although, I notice most really good writers get the details right. And Mara, I know I've read your stuff in the past and I don't remember it ever irking me!

EDIT: And what's the deal with all the hatred of the fish?
                              *accepts goggles willingly*

Thanks Seahen!

As for the fish...some people believe that there are certain hallucinatory powers in dark chocolate that can make one believe that S9/10 never happened and that no pesky fish ever appeared in Jack's pond...and that that lovely hand touching scene from Moebius was never erased out of existence.... It's a nice fantasy...from time to time!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
                                OMG me too!! I wonder if she knows something we don't yet Or maybe she believes Sam and Jack are together too
                                She does think that now in a way she didn't before. APA and I discussed this a while back and now I can't remember all teh evidence we gathered - I guess I couldn look for it but...well I'm too lazy

But basically AT has always been adament that she and Jack should NOT get together while serving on the same team. And as much as I love S/J I agreed with her. After his promotion to General, AT was less adament, she could see it happening. After RDA left the show, AT admitted that now she had no problems with them being officially a couple, but obviously al we got was hints and AT herself seemed unsure whether or not TPTB thought of S/J that way. By the time of SGA S4 however something had changed.

JM talked about how AT had a problem with it just being Jack who recommended Sam have the command coz of the image of impropriety that would have given and that's why those lines were changed (though they didn't make into the show anyway). Now if S/J were not together in some official, canonical capacity that AT herserlf was now finally aware of there would have been no reason for that concern. After all Jack is the head of HW and therefore there's nothing innapropriate about recommending an officer he knows for a position - unless said officer is in a romantic relationship with him

There was other eveidence but I can't remember it right now...maybe APA can?

Um, did that make sense? I can try to explain better if it didn't

Fish? What fish? I never saw any fish....
                                sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Working...
                                X