Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright I know some of you have already found it but here is a link to my latest little Sam/Jack fic...and yeah its fluff...I still blame my complete fluff brain on the pregnancy Oh and for those that are curious my hubby was awake when this happened to me the first time
    Flutters in the Night

:end self promotion:
    Night all May there be Shippy dreams for all
    sigpic
    GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Originally posted by mara-anni View Post
      And this one...I always loved the way she raised her arm to touch him as much as she could from her position. Her happiness and relief at seeing him is obvious IMHO.

thanks ONTLLs
      Oh I agree...she craves both the physical connection, to assure herself that he's real and not just one of her memories resurfaced, and the emotional one...that it's HIM--an unguarded moment, not unlike when the drugs take over in D&C and she's open, albeit briefly, to her feelings about him--even if she's not completely aware of them on the conscious level.

Obviously you've got a fresher eye on this ep than I do *glares at Spiderman3 on the tv*, so you're probably right about Jack being in shock. Doesn't he say something like, it may have been 70 years ago for you, but it was yesterday for me? And IIRC, he makes a concscious effort to close off that tube of drugs so he can get a clearer head.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
        Alright I know some of you have already found it but here is a link to my latest little Sam/Jack fic...and yeah its fluff...I still blame my complete fluff brain on the pregnancy Oh and for those that are curious my hubby was awake when this happened to me the first time
        Flutters in the Night

:end self promotion:
        Night all May there be Shippy dreams for all
        Aww, B, that was so cute
        sigpic
        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          yup......thanksgiving was good.....I made my ever famous ranch mashed potatoes........I just cooked some potatoes and mixed them with some ranch dip (I thought I'd only use half of the container of light ranch dip but there were so many potatoes I wound up using at least 3/4 of the 16 oz. container of light ranch dip I made) and then I just used my electric mixer to whip up all them spuds into a frenzy.....I'm thinking of adding garlic next time.....wish I could figure out a way to do loaded mashed potatoes without having them be so high in fat......

edit: gotta go for now...ttyl

((((((family))))))))
          I used to make famous potato and gravy. I'm sure yours tastes heaps better though, I worked at KFC

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
          Howdy! Hope everyone had a great holiday/Thursday.

Colonel O'Neill! What were you thinking?! I ought to have you transfered to Thule!
          Hey it's not my fault! She's the one who challenged me to an arm wrestle!

*Thule Air Base is in Greenland
          Lol! That reminds me of an old high school teacher who broke his arm wrestling a student. He didn't tell the class and finished the lesson before taking himself off the the emergency doctor.

I had a shippy moment today At work we have Christmas ornaments with names on them... we sold out of some of the more popular names and some customer orders had arrived, I had to phone them. When I looked down at my handful of "Jack" and "Sam" baubles, I grinned and looked up at my coworker. He looked puzzled for a second then grinned and said, "what, no Teal'c?"

Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Ok, I just got to the bit where JAck hears them speaking Goa'uld after he's cut off his drug supply and yep...he doesn't seem overly surprised.

*sob* and Teal'c leaving the SGC is so sad...there are tears in his eyes as he steps through the wormhole. You know I always thought CJ doesn't get enough credit. I think he's a great actor really...he's able to make T express so much with so little.
            You know, you're right. Some of Teal'c's looks are so deep (as Daniel would say!). He's a master at conveying unspoken emotions. Sometimes other people catch it, but often it's done after they've looked away, or they can't see him. His farewell to Sam
            Spoiler:
            in Reunion was classic T...you felt his grief as much as you did Sam's.
            Last edited by AstraPerAspera; 23 November 2007, 08:45 PM. Reason: oops...sorry
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
              Oh I agree...she craves both the physical connection, to assure herself that he's real and not just one of her memories resurfaced, and the emotional one...that it's HIM--an unguarded moment, not unlike when the drugs take over in D&C and she's open, albeit briefly, to her feelings about him--even if she's not completely aware of them on the conscious level.

Obviously you've got a fresher eye on this ep than I do *glares at Spiderman3 on the tv*, so you're probably right about Jack being in shock. Doesn't he say something like, it may have been 70 years ago for you, but it was yesterday for me? And IIRC, he makes a concscious effort to close off that tube of drugs so he can get a clearer head.
              I haven't seen Spidey 3 yet...doesn't sound promising though

And yep to all of the above.

Hehe...I just watched this scene...

This is such an interesting scene when you really think about it. It starts out innocently enough. He grabs her, holds her against the wall to hide, covering her mouth to prevent her from calling out coz he knows what it feels like. Her himself was anable to stifle his outcry when it happened to him.

But then the enemy leave, the danger is gone and the memory thing is over. He lets her go, at least mostly. His arms are loose on her and then he just rests it on her shoulder. It's really up to Sam now to step away from him, but she doesn't, she stays there for FAR longer than she needs to. They have a whole conversation in that position AFTER the danger has passed. And you can clearly see the turmoil and the, umm, UST written all over their faces. She moves eventually when she can't seem to find a reason not to and even then she seems to ahve to force herself and once she leaves JAck lets out a huge puff of breath as he follows her.

Anyway, what's my point? Dang, I've forgotten
              sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                I used to make famous potato and gravy. I'm sure yours tastes heaps better though, I worked at KFC

Lol! That reminds me of an old high school teacher who broke his arm wrestling a student. He didn't tell the class and finished the lesson before taking himself off the the emergency doctor.

I had a shippy moment today At work we have Christmas ornaments with names on them... we sold out of some of the more popular names and some customer orders had arrived, I had to phone them. When I looked down at my handful of "Jack" and "Sam" baubles, I grinned and looked up at my coworker. He looked puzzled for a second then grinned and said, "what, no Teal'c?"

LOL! That is so cool!

You know, you're right. Some of Teal'c's looks are so deep (as Daniel would say!). He's a master at conveying unspoken emotions. Sometimes other people catch it, but often it's done after they've looked away, or they can't see him. His farewell to Sam
                Spoiler:
                in Reunion was classic T...you felt his grief as much as you did Sam's.
                Yeah, you know T is a master at holding the tears in his eyes...and his whole face darkening...but not letting them actually fall.

*sigh* I miss original - and true - SG-1.
                sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

I haven't seen Spidey 3 yet...doesn't sound promising though

And yep to all of the above.

Hehe...I just watched this scene...

This is such an interesting scene when you really think about it. It starts out innocently enough. He grabs her, holds her against the wall to hide, covering her mouth to prevent her from calling out coz he knows what it feels like. Her himself was anable to stifle his outcry when it happened to him.

But then the enemy leave, the danger is gone and the memory thing is over. He lets her go, at least mostly. His arms are loose on her and then he just rests it on her shoulder. It's really up to Sam now to step away from him, but she doesn't, she stays there for FAR longer than she needs to. They have a whole conversation in that position AFTER the danger has passed. And you can clearly see the turmoil and the, umm, UST written all over their faces. She moves eventually when she can't seem to find a reason not to and even then she seems to ahve to force herself and once she leaves JAck lets out a huge puff of breath as he follows her.

Anyway, what's my point? Dang, I've forgotten
                  LOL! I think your point was, after thinking each other were dead, they were both quite happy to maintain as much physical contact as they possibly could for as long as they possibly could before their circumstances...and the everpresent matter of their working relationship...necessitated them separating. And when you think about it...the hug, in ItF, is after the second time in only a few hours that Jack has faced some of his worse fears: losing Sam, losing his team, being taken over by a goa'uld, and freezing (remember Solitudes). So it's no wonder he expresses his relief as overtly as he does. And it's not much different for Sam: she's thought Jack was dead, that her team was dead, she's had to watch Jack be taken over by a symbiote, reliving her memories of Jolinar, been forced to leave Jack behind, head-ribboned by that b...er...by Hathor...and fearful that she's too late to rescue Jack. Add to that his sudden and unexpected embrace...no wonder she hugs him back as fervently.
                  sigpic

Comment

Watching ItF now and I jsut wanted to say how fabulous Sam is in this ep.

She practically just tells Makepeace what to do...he just says things like "ok", "worth a try" and stuff....and he even says "Now what?" at one stage and we know Sam's actually thinking about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Sam takes a lot of the lead in this ep. Not to mention the fact she disobeys orders to find Jack
                    sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Watching ItF now and I jsut wanted to say how fabulous Sam is in this ep.

She practically just tells Makepeace what to do...he just says things like "ok", "worth a try" and stuff....and he even says "Now what?" at one stage and we know Sam's actually thinking about it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that Sam takes a lot of the lead in this ep. Not to mention the fact she disobeys orders to find Jack
                      Not quite so by-the-book anymore, is she? She's learned what being a member of a team really means...and how much her CO means...to her...above and beyond the teammate aspect of it...even if she's not quite willing to recognize it that way just yet.

So...rethinking this as my S3 episode choice???
                      sigpic

Comment

LOL! I think your point was, after thinking each other were dead, they were both quite happy to maintain as much physical contact as they possibly could for as long as they possibly could before their circumstances...and the everpresent matter of their working relationship...necessitated them separating. And when you think about it...the hug, in ItF, is after the second time in only a few hours that Jack has faced some of his worse fears: losing Sam, losing his team, being taken over by a goa'uld, and freezing (remember Solitudes). So it's no wonder he expresses his relief as overtly as he does. And it's not much different for Sam: she's thought Jack was dead, that her team was dead, she's had to watch Jack be taken over by a symbiote, reliving her memories of Jolinar, been forced to leave Jack behind, head-ribboned by that b...er...by Hathor...and fearful that she's too late to rescue Jack. Add to that his sudden and unexpected embrace...no wonder she hugs him back as fervently.
                        Oh yes, that's right...that's exactly what I was going to say

They have both had a trying time and they've both thought the other was dead. Jack's relief at not only being himself but at the fact that Hathor hadn't killed Sam coz I really think when he grabs her that's what he's afraid of. So when she says "Sir, what happened?" He's just so relieved that she's still alive and unharmed - "Oh God!" he exclaims - and that he's not a Goa'uld - he's himself.

For Jack to hug anyone like that whilst there's still danger, they're still on a mission is fundamentally important. He still has himself and he still has her and he can't help grabbing her and just holding onto her as though she's his very link to life.

I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have felt compelled to do that if it were Daniel or T that saved him and had the ribbon device used on them.
                        sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Not quite so by-the-book anymore, is she? She's learned what being a member of a team really means...and how much her CO means...to her...above and beyond the teammate aspect of it...even if she's not quite willing to recognize it that way just yet.

So...rethinking this as my S3 episode choice???
                          Hehe...yes, I can see why. Though it doesn't necessarily mean that you ahve to go with OoM for S2, it is mostly flashbacks. But then you would miss the whole standing against the wall unable to tear themselves away from each other part...oh and the ogling

Ack! The choice is too hard!!
                          sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Oh yes, that's right...that's exactly what I was going to say

They have both had a trying time and they've both thought the other was dead. Jack's relief at not only being himself but at the fact that Hathor hadn't killed Sam coz I really think when he grabs her that's what he's afraid of. So when she says "Sir, what happened?" He's just so relieved that she's still alive and unharmed - "Oh God!" he exclaims - and that he's not a Goa'uld - he's himself.

For Jack to hug anyone like that whilst there's still danger, they're still on a mission is fundamentally important. He still has himself and he still has her and he can't help grabbing her and just holding onto her as though she's his very link to life.

I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have felt compelled to do that if it were Daniel or T that saved him and had the ribbon device used on them.

I'd forgotten that part...but yay!! Everyone has gone to bed and I get the tv! I'm at the hug scene...

...oh yah...you're right about that...cuz I forgot...he does save Sam first...yeah...that's a relief hug...an "omg I'm so glad you're all right" hug, a "let me touch you, feel you, believe it for a second time today" hug. He makes fists as he holds her...not quite daring to touch her...freezing...soaking in her warmth and the fact that she's alive...and that he's himself and not a goa'uld.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd forgotten that part...but yay!! Everyone has gone to bed and I get the tv! I'm at the hug scene...

...oh yah...you're right about that...cuz I forgot...he does save Sam first...yeah...that's a relief hug...an "omg I'm so glad you're all right" hug, a "let me touch you, feel you, believe it for a second time today" hug. He makes fists as he holds her...not quite daring to touch her...freezing...soaking in her warmth and the fact that she's alive...and that he's himself and not a goa'uld.
                              *Shippy sigh* oh yes...the fists...

I so want some fluff now APA...*hint hint*
                              sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

And Sam's side of the hug...confusion at first...relief...She holds on to him...closes her eyes...is grateful that he's alive...that he's not a goa'uld..."What about you?" she asks him (sound familiar?) "cold.Chilly. But I'm me." And she holds on even tighter. She could break away to give him her report about Makepeace, but she doesn't. They hold on as long as they possibly can, and even when the hug ends, they still hold on...even through the whole conversation with the Tok'ra...not. letting. go. Neither one of them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X