X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    Spoiler:
    Did you hear about the picture of Jack in Sam's things on Friday's episode? This is in addition to the fishing pic in her office!
    *gasp* That I did not! Anyone have a screenie? Pretty please?

May I squee now?
    Too cool for a signature.

Comment

SGA S4 Reunion, Act 1 (sorry...I couldn't help my little editorial comment!):

Spoiler:
      ACT 1

At the village, Ronan and his fellow Satedans are having a reunion while Teyla watches and listens. The three Satedans talk about how they were on a special ops mission to attack wraith forward positions prior to their attack on Sateda. They became trapped in some caves and had to dig themselves out. By the time they made it back to the gate and returned to Sateda, there was nothing left. Ronan apologizes for leaving them behind; they said it was okay…if they’d have come with him and the squad he was taking thru the gate, they would have died like everyone else on Sateda. They point out that the only reason Ronan’s not dead is cuz the wraith made him a runner.

Cheyenne Mountain:

The Sam and Teal’c scene. (Do I need to describe this? Didn’t everyone see it already?)

Two close friends, of ten years and many battles, say good-bye. Sam is crying. Teal’c’s hair has that streak of white in it. Sorry…I couldn’t see any fiddling with her ring finger either, just nervous hand gestures. But great, runny-nosed crying for Sam as she says: So I can expect you guys to come and visit sometime? And T says: Undomesticated equines could not keep me away. And they hug. (ED COMMENT: All I can think of here is how often he must have comforted her similarly as she mourned her separation from Jack for those 50 years; he has the look on his face of someone who’s been down this road with her before and feels her pain very badly. There is NO SHIP, I repeat NO SHIP evidenced here.)

Sam tries to pull it together and they walk out.

Scene: The Atlantis gate room.

Shep and Mckay and a bunch of department heads await Sam’s arrival. McKay has a fruit basket (w/a pineapple!). John asks him what that is, he says its fruit from all the different planets they trade with…he says he thought it would be a nice gesture (I’m sorry, but fuit baskets make me think of Jack!) John tells him he thinks it’s lame…McKay says What would you suggest, and John answers: I don’t know…maybe some flowers to brighten up her quarters. McKay passes the fruitbasket to someone and tells them to take it and go. Gate activates and Sam steps through (Yay Sam!)

Aside: JM said no one saluted cuz according AF protocol saluting is not done inside a facility, and as they are inside Atlantis, that is why there was no salute. He says they even checked with the USAF on that one…

Shep steps forward w/McKay and Radek and says: Col Carter…welcome to Atlantis

She’s smiling (having pulled herself together) and replies “Thank you. It’s nice to be here.”
      Shep and McKay flank her as she addresses the assembled dept heads:

“I want you all to know how honored I am to accept this appointment. I’ve come here fully committed to this expedition, to Atlantis, and most importantly, to each and every one of you. I look forward to working with all of you. Thank you.”

As they disperse, McKay says: Nice speech. And Sam replies:

“Thank you…I also do weddings and award shows…book early to avoid disppointment.”

Shep gives a little smile and asks if she would like to check out her new digs. She replies yes and follows him, saying “Rodney”…to which he replies “Sam…” And I swear he’s checking her out as she walks away…even as Radek gives him a scowl.

Back at the village…Ronan is getting new tattoo. His pals are talking about their on-going fight against the wraith. They lost two of their members in their raids. They talk about how they’d like to do more, but w/o the manpower, it’s hard. Ronan says he might be able to help. His friends…but Teyla cuts him off with a look. He changes the topic and makes a toast to the two of the Satedans who had died.

Sam’s Quarters

SLOW CAMERA PAN FROM HER SUITCASE PAST JACK”S PICTURE to the SF carrying in the last of her blue plastic packing bins. Rodney walks in carrying flowers. She tells him there’s a vase on the table…where he sees his former fruit basket sitting. Sam tells him that was from John…that they’re fruits from their different trading partners in the galaxy and how she thought it was a thoughtful gesture. McKay tosses the flowers in the vase and mutters “the son of a…”

Anyway…I just came by to welcome you to Atlantis…see how you’re settling in…and if you needed anything and … uh…did I mention I was seeing someone?

“I’m sorry…what?”

“I’m seeing someone…yes…I only bring it up now because you’re here now and we’ll be working together a lot more and , uh, you know I thought with our past…”

“Our…past…”

“You know, the unrequited lust that’s been hanging over our heads for what seems like forever…”

“Rodney!…I…”

“I just don’t want things to be awkward between the two of us…you know…uh…”

Sam glances away…I think in the direction of the box with Jack’s picture in it…but also like she’s trying to process what the heck to respond to something so ludicrous

McKay stammers: “…kinda like they are now…”

Sam finally grins, looks down to hide the smile, and answers:

“Rodney…(she looks up at him)…I’m sure we’ll be fine…”

“Oh sure…of course, I’ll be fine…I’m just (he gestures toward her)…with you…”

At which point Ronan walks in and says:

“I hear you’re in charge.” Which effectly puts an end to that conversation!

McKay introduces Sam, who seems to know who Ronan is already. He wants to bring his friends to Atlantis but has found he has to clear it through her. Sam says sorry but there are some new rules in place…the location of the base has to be kept a secret and the new directives from the IOA say there are to be no off-world visitors for the time-being. Ronan says the IOA wouldn’t have to know. Sam doesn’t back down and says she’s sure Ronan can appreciate the precarious situation they’re in. Ronan steps right up to her, threateningly, but Sam doesn’t flinch or back away (she slugged Ba’al, remember…she can take on Ronan!) but then he lays a low blow: “Weir never would have doubted me.”

Sam takes a deep breath: First of all Ronan, I’m not doubting you. These new regulations apply to everyone on this base. And secondly…I’m not Dr. Weir.”

Ronan says nothing, but has that deadly feral smile on his face. He turns and walks away. Sam lets out a breath after he’s gone and says “Wow. Is he always like that?” Rodney replies “No…no…actually, you caught him on a good day.”

Back at the village:

Ronan tells his friend that he sorry, he though “his people” would be a little more hospitable. His friend says that’s okay…not everyone gets an invitation to Atlantis. Ronan is surprised, but his friend tells him that he’d heard the rumors of the new people in the lost city of the Ancients and the Runner who joined them. Plays up the fact that Ronan isn’t “friends” with the Atlanteans…he’s their ally…the 3 Satedans are his friends. Tells Ronan that he belongs with them, not the new people.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hbt123 View Post

May I squee now?
        You may and here you go.

P.S.
        Spoiler:
        It is not in a trashcan.

Comment

May I squee now?
          From Mala

Spoiler:

Comment

May I squee now?
            Squee at will! And here's a cap for you...

Spoiler:

EDIT: How that for triple redundancy??!?!
            EDIT 2: Back to Act 2...see you in a while. Night luvnjack!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              *Happy sigh*

I'm so glad I decided to avoid GW for 3 days. I'm sure no one noticed me missing, and it meant that I got a lovely surprise when I was watching Reunion.

Spoiler:
              I think I had the same reaction most people had... "Is that... woah" *hits back, pause* "It is! It is!"

Love the subtleness, yet with the way the camera panned we were obviously supposed to notice it.

Oh, and lol at the writers gently making fun of Amanda through Sam...

Spoiler:
              ...because we know she does award shows. And wasn't she MC and someone's wedding... Don Davis maybe? So cute. And a very Jack like line

Something else I loved... Rodney to Dr Zelenka "Have you heard the rumour? Oh? Never mind, forget I mentioned it." Brilliant way to get someone's attention.

Oh, and when Ronan started to fight with his friends... was that the bit of the haka I saw in there?
              (((((((((((((NEEP)))))))))))

of course we missed ya....

Comment

You may and here you go.

P.S.
                Spoiler:
                It is not in a trashcan.
                Originally posted by silkie View Post
                From Mala

Spoiler:

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                Squee at will! And here's a cap for you...

Spoiler:

EDIT: How that for triple redundancy??!?!
                EDIT 2: Back to Act 2...see you in a while. Night luvnjack!
                Squee! Thanks guys! (all of you! Looks like L.A. Doyle was the quickest though!)

They definitely wouldn't pan out from it like that if it wasn't important.

Spoiler:
                Soooo married

Comment

Squee! Thanks guys! (all of you! Looks like L.A. Doyle was the quickest though!)

They definitely wouldn't pan out from it like that if it wasn't important.

Spoiler:
                  Soooo married
                  The next time they show her room, the shippers have to do a "Where's Waldo" search of the picture
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                    The next time they show her room, the shippers have to do a "Where's Waldo" search of the picture
                    LOL!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lol! That's cute, I'm in. So glad TPTB decided to throw in that little teaspoon of ship.

I'm watching the new Atlantis eppie right now, woot!

Comment

I LOVE that! I even used to have a WW shirt.
                        Spoiler:
                        I keep doing this 'they're so together, they're so together' jig, but as nice as pictures are, really, we need some spoken, canon ship now, me thinks!

Comment

And here's Act 2 (Sorry if I'm getting a little detailed with the dialogue...I thought people would want to know specifically what Sam said in some of these scenes...at least since this is her first real episode...)

Spoiler:
                          ACT 2

A conversation between Sam and Shep on the balcony overlooking Atlantis:

Shep: Impressive isn’t it?

Sam: To be honest, it’s a little overwhelming

Shep: Coming from someone with your record, that says something.

Sam: You know, John…your name was on the short list.

Shep: Yeah, I know. I saw what they did to Elizabeth…polictics and red tape…I didn’t envy her. I don’t envy you.

Sam: Thanks

Shep: (glances at Sam): You know, for most of us…this thing with Elizabeth isn’t over yet…she’s still out there.

Sam: You really believe there’s a chance she’s still alive?

Shep: There’s only one way we’ll know for sure.

Sam: You’re suggesting we go back…

Shep: We should have done it sooner, but the IOA’s been stonewalling me. Now that you’re in charge maybe you can give me the green light.

Sam looks away, uncomfortably.

Sam: I’m sorry, but it’s too dangerous.

Shep: It’s no more dangerous than the last time we went in.

Sam: Circumstances were different, plus you had an advantage then that you don’t have now.

Shep: She’s the one who gave us that advantage…the only reason we’re here is because of what she did…

Sam: Believe me, I know. And I don’t like the idea of leaving someone behind any more than you do…but I’m not about to send you or anyone else on a suicide mission. (Shep looks away, like he can’t believe he’s hearing this from her.) You come to me with a plan that has even an outside chance of succeeding, and I’ll consider it. Short of that, John, I’m sorry. There’s nothing I can do.

Shep has a hard time looking her in the eye. Finally he glances at her and says: “Fair enough” and walks away. Sam bites the inside of her cheek; already this has been a hard day at Atlantis.

Teyla and Ronan are sparring. Teyla’s blindfolded but she still lands blows on Ronan. Keeps beating the crap out of him until she gets him to talk. He tells her he’s torn about his people and his alligience to Atlantis. He’s thinking of leaving Atlantis. Teyla says she has felt the same way at times, leaving her people when she was their leader, but that she always believed that she could do more good joining the people from earth than she could had she stayed with her people.

Ronan is eating and John joins him. He knows Teyla has spoken to John and that John is there to talk him out of it. John says he’s not going to say anything…he then proceeds to list all the reasons why Ronan should stay, that he’s not going to say. Ronan says they’re his family…they need him. John tells him he’s only one man; he can’t expect to protect them forever. Ronan says: That’s where you guys come in . They’ve gotten some intel o a wrait target. John says that the wraith and replicators and duking it out and it would be in their best interest if they just left the two of them alone. Ronan then tells he’ll change his mind when he hears the details but he won’t discuss it until his friends are there.

Back in the village, John, Rodney and Teyla join Ronan and his friends. They reveal that the target is a wraith lab…where they’re trying to reverse what McKay did to the replicators base code in order to switch off the command that orders them to attack the wraith. They don’t need the Atlanteans to pull off the attack…they just need their vehicle…need them to fly the getaway jumper. Although John et al are reluctant to join them at first, until they learn about the attempt to switch off the code; then, like it or not, they know they have to help. John and Ronan walk and talk; John’s concerned about the two groups not getting along too well on this mission; Ronan tells John that he’ll (Ronan) keep his group in line, and he (john) will do the same with his. John replies: Last time I checked it was your group too… Ronan tells John he’s made his decision: once this is over, he’s leaving Atlantis and going with the Satedans.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yikes, it's really starting to storm now. So, I best get going, even though I don't want to go to sleep yet! *pouts* Y'all have a good night!

Comment

And SGA Reunion, Act 3...

Spoiler:

ACT 3

Ronan is packing up things in his quarters. Sam enters

Sam: Packing?

Ronan: Yeah

Sam: You know, the fact that you brought all this stuff here tells me you considered Atlantis home…that you were happy here.

Ronan: I was…I am.

Sam: Your friends are worried about you.

Ronan: Well, they shouldn’t be. I can take care of myself.

Sam: That’s not the point. When you accepted the offer to join Atlantis you became a part of something. Like it or not, you have roots here now. People who care about you…who depend on you. Walking away may be a lot harder than you think

Ronan: I’m not walking away. Just because I’m not a part of Shepards team does not mean I any less willing to help out Atlantis or put my life on the line for any of you.

Sam: I’m not questioning your loyalty, Ronan. Only the wisdom in leaving, if, as you say, you don’t want to turn your back on Atlantis. Coordinating our efforts with you and your friends may not be so easy.

Ronan: We’re about to find out, aren’t we.

Sam: I need you to reconsider your decision to leave.

Ronan: And if I don’t…given everything that I know about Atlantis…you gonna try to stop me…

Sam: (with that same half-smile she gave weir when she told her “I would never say that” about not figuring out how Jack modified the cargo ship in Lost City/New Order…) I’m hoping it won’t come to that.

Ronan raises his eyebrows.

Next scene: a puddle jumper comes through a stargate on a planet where the wraith lab is.

The two groups are squabbling already. The location of the target is vague; McKay is annoyed. Teyla is doubtful. Shep tries to mediate the bickering. McKay insults one of the Satedans, who almost attacks him, but Ronan intervenes.

The enter the wraith lab…very…wraithy. Lots of gelatinous stuff. Very easily take out a few wraith guards they encounter. Find a wraith elevator. Get beamed to the second level where they take out a few more wraith. The two groups split up: Ronan with his people, John with his. Ronan hesitates a moment when John takes his people and leaves, but one of the Satedans calls to him, and he follows.

Find a bunch of people in storage…McKay calls it a Wraith vending machine…decide they can’t help them and move on. Shep thinks things are too quiet and easy. No sooner said than wraith attack from all sides. From where he is Ronan hears the firing and goes running to find Shep and Co. Teyla gets stunned. McKay is trying to open a door. She gets stunned. Rodney’s alone with wraith approaching. The wraith haul Teyla and John away, but they don’t find Rodney…he’s hiding in one of the gelatinous cells. Escapes and runs into the Satedans…who stun him. They’re accompanied by a wraith..who they are obviously collaborating with. “Bring him” says the wraith, as they haul poor Rodney away…

Night, Jena!
                              sigpic

Comment

Yikes, it's really starting to storm now. So, I best get going, even though I don't want to go to sleep yet! *pouts* Y'all have a good night!
                                (((((((jena)))))))

'nite

hope your computer survives.......

Comment

Working...
                                X