This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuz View Post
    You now, sometimes I'm just really sorry there are no Stargate events here in the Czech Republic. I look at all your marvelous pictures from events like Avalon and read through your reports and think how great it'd have been. But then I imagine my possible reaction upon seeing Rick and Amanda in all their glory and I know it would have been really BAAAD. Something like this would sure happen.
    Awww.....zuz.....I'm sorry too. Seeing everyone's piccies, hearing how nice AT is and wanting to meet other thread members are the reasons I went to Shore Leave last year. I knew I'd come home either disenchanted, or more into Stargate than ever.

Guess you know how that worked out, huh? All the GWers were great, and so was Amanda!!! Maybe there will be something in Great Britain or somewhere else in Europe that will be more reasonable for you, travelwise.

Comment

We need OT tags, as well as those handy spoiler buttons.

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      And just out of curiousity...
      How come so many of you have ever gone to bandcamp?!
      Is it, like, a big thing everywhere in the world except for where I come from?
      It's a public school thing. If your band marched, you probably did band camp. For us, "band camp" wasn't so much "camp" as it was "summer school," outside for a week before class started, to get the freshman acquainted with marching and giving the seniors a chance to assert their authority...I mean, learn leadership skills. Our program was such that if you wanted to play concert music, you had to join the marching band, which constituted the first half of the year.

Hmm. I think I miss it.

Back OT:
      Indeed!

It would seem my talents do not lie in sig creation. My theory is good, execution...needs work. *shrug*
      Last edited by lizzyshoe; 21 January 2007, 01:54 AM. Reason: minor specification re:my school
      sigpic
      Sig quote c/o Spiletta42, Sig pic a gift from JennniferJF. TY!
      Reality is for people who can't handle Science-Fiction

Comment

Congrats on all the milestones I've missed since last Sunday!

You rock, Gals!
        Last edited by zuz; 21 January 2007, 05:59 AM. Reason: broken link to one of the pics :( sorry for that. :)
        "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
          Thanks to Denise the new poll is up. So you can vote here

But I just want to check, does everyone still want to discuss this 1 ep a week? Now the new eps have already started, and now we already talked about season 4 Because if people are not interested anymore I stop making the polls. The first plan was to discuss 1 ep a week up untill season 8.
          I would like to continue.

I was one of the people who were against talking about an ep a week when the idea came up...but once it got started, I enjoyed it. I think my opposition arose because everyone else feared we'd have nothing to talk about during the long hiatus. I knew that wouldn't be the case. But the episodic discussions have caused some discussion that I've found really interesting...and people have made some great art work!

So...to make a long answer short...I think we should continue. Even if we have other things to talk about, we can still discuss the ep of the week some.

IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            Awww.....zuz.....I'm sorry too. Seeing everyone's piccies, hearing how nice AT is and wanting to meet other thread members are the reasons I went to Shore Leave last year. I knew I'd come home either disenchanted, or more into Stargate than ever.

Guess you know how that worked out, huh? All the GWers were great, and so was Amanda!!! Maybe there will be something in Great Britain or somewhere else in Europe that will be more reasonable for you, travelwise.
            Yeah, I hope, too. You know there are sci-fi cons in Germany from time to time. But there's the problem with my German which is pretty much non-existent. It means way worse than my English (so you get the idea. )

The only event in CZE Stargatewise I know of was David Nykl's visit. He's the actor who plays the adorable Czech scientist Radek Zelenka on Atlantis. His parents come from CZE.
            "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
              Exactly!

And for some reason, I had to stare at it for 5 minutes before moving on.

This might sound unshipper like......but I couldn't ever accept them getting together...ahem...together during 'Threads'. I could see them finally coming clean about a lot of things and trying to work something out, but I don't believe they'd just completely forget about the regs and start a physical relationship at that point. The regs were still an issue in 'Threads' and into 'Moebius'. If they had truly gotten together in every way at the cabin, then what was the point of the last 8 years? They weren't able to ever do anything because of the rules, but it was okay to break them then? I think Jack and Sam are too honorable for that. In my world, they know the truth at that point, they actually told each other(no more guessing), and there's no more angst because it's gonna really happen for them soon. I love fanfics in which they work to find a way to be together(and there have been some interesting ideas), rather than ones when they blatantly disregard the regs.

Don't get me wrong! Now I think
              Spoiler:
              they are sooooooooo married.
              Ah, but by the time they went to the cabin...Jack might have already shared the news about his new assignment...which would mean he was leaving her direct chain of command. He may have even left the SGC by the time they went to the cabin. We don't know exactly when they went. So, if Landry was already there, and Sam was taking some time off before heading to her new assignment at Area 51, it would have been ok...

That's the way I've always seen it...but I'm a hopeless romantic where they're concerned anyway!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lizzyshoe View Post

Spoiler:

It's a public school thing. If your band marched, you probably did band camp. For us, "band camp" wasn't so much "camp" as it was "summer school," outside for a week before class started, to get the freshman acquainted with marching and giving the seniors a chance to assert their authority...I mean, learn leadership skills. If you wanted to play concert music, you had to join the marching band, which constituted the first half of the year.

Hmm. I think I miss it.

Indeed!

It would seem my talents do not lie in sig creation. My theory is good, execution...needs work. *shrug*
                O.K., thanks! Wondered about that after reading... We don't have that here.
                Oh, and watch out with using spoiler buttons , we've got some spoiler addicts here. You might get jumped
                ( I couldn't resist clicking the button eighter... Definetely back on liking spoilers after LitS...)

OT tags huh? now there's a tought... [OT]...[/OT]

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                  You now, sometimes I'm just really sorry there are no Stargate events here in the Czech Republic. I look at all your marvelous pictures from events like Avalon and read through your reports and think how great it'd have been. But then I imagine my possible reaction upon seeing Rick and Amanda in all their glory and I know it would have been really BAAAD.
                  Something like this would surely happen:
                  http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...arter02GIF.gif
                  Yeah..sometimes you just live in a place where nothing cool happens. Like me. I'm having to go a long way for a con, because there aren't ever any around where I live.

Spoiler:

It's a public school thing. If your band marched, you probably did band camp. For us, "band camp" wasn't so much "camp" as it was "summer school," outside for a week before class started, to get the freshman acquainted with marching and giving the seniors a chance to assert their authority...I mean, learn leadership skills. Our program was such that if you wanted to play concert music, you had to join the marching band, which constituted the first half of the year.

Hmm. I think I miss it.

Well...
                  Spoiler:
                  we had that too, but the kind of band camp I'm talking about is different. It was always in the summer and I'd go to the college that was hosting it and stay in the dorms there for a week or so. People from all over would come. We'd try out for bands and then prepare a concert for the end of the week. It was SO much fun! I miss doing things like that. It was like...a convention for band nerds almost!

Okay, REALLY going to bed this time...I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
                    Sorry I haven't been posting much today. I had a competition for my speech team, and we got a I, which means that we are able to go on to the state competition!

I'm very excited!

...sorry about the OT....
                    Cograts...and sorry about OT...i loove OT...ya know that, always hard for me to keep long on one subject

Originally posted by SamO'Neill View Post
                    Wow... 2,100 posts! I feel like my old self, hitting milestones weekly!
                    Congrats on 2,100

oh now you are also talky girl again

Originally posted by hope leslie hermnharry View Post
                    Where "O" where have all the shippers gone???

I know I said I'd wait for The Shroud before ending my POV trilogy...I lied...(must be my 53% Ga'ould)
                    Just uploaded it...MY personal message to TPTB...

Plse comment on this one, it was sooo difficult to do...It took me 8hours, the *"%!?/&* WVM choked out on me soooo many times!!!!(too many special effects I think) The SO...

Anyways, as always, be patient...It should be available soon on my MGM channel...

http://stargatesg1.com/MediaPlayer.a...tItemId=218044

Oh yeah, spoilers for S10's 200...BEWARE!

It wont be posted on YouTube before next week though...sorry...

Enjoy & let me know what you think...I simply love vidding and love challenges!!! Viva le ship!!!
                    cute vid, love also the textes in it

Is this the proper place to introduce myself? Oh well. I'm new to the forum fandom medium. I'm way better at lurking than posting, but I'm a huge fan of S/J. I'm planning on storming TPTB if the ship doesn't get resolved by the finale. I have mixed feelings over the little tidbits they've been feeding us this season...

Anywho. Hiya! I'm lizzyshoe. Nice to meet everyone!

And re:bandcamp, I've been 6 times, once as drum major. Oh, plus that time last year when I just went to help out, and to look out for my bro who's in the drumline now. Bandcamp is awesome. And more interesting when you play the flute/picc. Flute angles, gorram it!

S/J yay *squee*
                    Welcome to the thread

and lurking for so long while being a member..wow...that's some willpower you have

And on the bandcamp thing...me as foreigner doesn't know that, we don't have it here...atleast not a thing from school that i know...
                    we almost don't have any competions here...except from some sports...but i don't like those spors.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah View Post
                      Thanks, glad you like it. I've slowed it down a bit.
                      Spoiler:

Slow and smaller.

Slower

Same size and slow
                      Spoiler:

slow

slower

Original

Spoiler:
                      They are soooooooooo married
                      Thank you, Terrah! I was just mesmerized by these! She found the weapon strapped to his leg really easily...almost as if she had helped him dress!!!

PG forum! PG forum....

Comment

Yeah..sometimes you just live in a place where nothing cool happens. Like me. I'm having to go a long way for a con, because there aren't ever any around where I live.

Well...
                        Spoiler:
                        we had that too, but the kind of band camp I'm talking about is different. It was always in the summer and I'd go to the college that was hosting it and stay in the dorms there for a week or so. People from all over would come. We'd try out for bands and then prepare a concert for the end of the week. It was SO much fun! I miss doing things like that. It was like...a convention for band nerds almost!

Okay, REALLY going to bed this time...I think.
                        You're still here
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          Thank you, Terrah! I was just mesmerized by these! She found the weapon strapped to his leg really easily...almost as if she had helped him dress!!!

PG forum! PG forum....
                          lol just now i see it**stupid me** and get the shippyness there..me likes it

and pg...very hard sometimes
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                            You''re still here
                            Shhh! You weren't supposed to tell anyone!

It wasn't my fault. Melissa replied to Terrah's post with that 'IGTBK' bit and I had to watch it...and watch it again...and again...and you get the picture. I'll have shippy dreams for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by SamO'Neill
                              Sorry I haven't been posting much today. I had a competition for my speech team, and we got a I, which means that we are able to go on to the state competition!

I'm very excited!

...sorry about the OT....
                              Wow! That's great! I miss high school competitions. I was a band nerd. Those were good times.
                              Well, there's something else we all have in common! I knew there was a reason I liked you girls! I was a band member and involved in speech meets all through high school and part of college! Hmmm...if any more people say they were too, we might want to consider a poll to see if band, forensics and sci fi go together!!! Tee-hee!

Comment

Shhh! You weren't supposed to tell anyone!

It wasn't my fault. Melissa replied to Terrah's post with that 'IGTBK' bit and I had to watch it...and watch it again...and again...and you get the picture. I'll have shippy dreams for sure!
                                Well, there's a good reason!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X